Swing Booms on regular skidders???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha ha, thanks for the advice. You gotta love the internet, its give just about anyone the opportunity to "help", especially when I ask for it, LOL. So now I can't drive a grapple skidder and need to learn from someone who is better.

Is that your final answer, because if it is, I will stand in amazement. So let me get this straight. I should get rid of this swing boom attachment or I shouldn't have bought it in the first place and instead, should have either bought a less capable attachment like a single arch grapple or not convert the cable skidder at all and just spend the thousands of dollars and my valuable time finding some other grapple skidder driver and I guess videoing and watch him. Right? Did I get that right? I'm really interested in your next answer, because personally, if I took your advice to a T, I would be the dumbest SOB that ever walked, LOL. If your mind is so foggy that you can't see the additional capabilities privided by a grapple system that can do anything a regular grapple skidder can do, and a lot more for virtually NO additional output on my part, I will really be interested in how you could spin your way out of this ignorant advice.

What I think is still amazing is your don't know me, and just because I have purchased a more advanced grappling system, for very little money, it somehow in your mind proves or shows in your mind that I somehow suck as a grapple skidder operator ......................... Please, explain how you came to that conclusion. I will await your answer, LOL.

Later, Oh yee of little vision,

Sam

Calm down mister fab genuis. Like you said you asked for it and then reject it. If you already know all that there is to know WHY do you ask at all.
If you stay in the business long enough, eventually you will hear the popping sound of your head coming out of your anus! Lol!!!!
Having personally run a single arch skidder and a swing boom quite a bit I will tell you that I can smoke a swing boom skidder with a single arch grapple skidder on virtually all the terrain in western Ky. And yes I know what kind of ground and timber you have there.
You will be in for a big surprise if you ever see a good grapple operator working next to a swing boom.
It is not just my opinion, if it was better they would be every where.
and esco would be building them like crazy. lol
And finally you ask how I know that you suck as a grapple operator!!! If you where a good grapple operator you would already know that more functions are a pain in the butt when you don't have to have them.

Blah, blah blah .........And finally you ask how I know that you suck as a grapple operator!!! If you where a good grapple operator you would already know that more functions are a pain in the butt when you don't have to have them.

Additional functions and capabilities on a machine only serve to limit additional production if the operator is limited in his capabilities. So what you are saying is your current/past skill level is of a lower level that you should just stay with the simple machines, and I understand that, I have some skidder operators that are just like you, and I have found ways to work around those with handicaps like that, but since I have both a single action grapple skidder and a cable skidder, which is going to be converted into a swing boom, I'll have a machine for those of limited thinking capacity and one for those that are more advanced in brain function, and situations that require a more advanced machine.

And I don't mind, so much you giving me your opinion of the attachment if you don't mind me qualifying it for my application and situation.

Honestly can someone point me to the ignore feature?? Surely this forum has one.

Thanks,

Sam

if you have a dual function grapple you would throw the single and the swing boom out to auction!!

if you have a dual function grapple you would throw the single and the swing boom out to auction!!

Well, that makes no sense at all, but I guess, everyone can have an opinion.

The single function is the simplest and the swing boom is the more complex or has the most functions. So on a scale from least useful to most useful the dual function is in the middle. Because the swing boom can do anything that either the single or dual function grapples can do and then a lot more. I am shocked ...... well no I'm not, its the internet, that this is not obvious to others, very weird.

I have spoke with several logging company's who have nothing but swing booms due to the usefulness of them, and yet there are people here to state they are next to useless, LOL.

Thanks about the ignore deal, it will save me time in the future.

Sam

You haven't even had a taste Joe, you should have let me work:hmm3grin2orange:. . .

BTW, how does the ignore feature work? Do my posts still post, and everyone but Slamm can see them? LOL. . .

Lol not only do your posts show a gross lack of experience your skin is much too thin to be a logger!
Buck up Buttercup!!!
Grow some hide an get some experience and when you hear that popping sound let me know. LOL

P.S.
someone please quote me :laugh:

Lol not only do your posts show a gross lack of experience your skin is much too thin to be a logger!
Buck up Buttercup!!!
Grow some hide an get some experience and when you hear that popping sound let me know. LOL

P.S.

:hmm3grin2orange:

Buck up Buttercup!!!

P.S.

Just in case...Spartacus...:biggrinbounce2:

Not a logger but why does the video of the grapple show it never leaving the road? Is there a lesson in that video? Hmmmmmm.

Awh the love around here!

so the whole swing boom thing on a conventional is ok just NEVER forget make sure it has a swing lock and NEVER forget to lock it with skid on only bunchin with out it or the time loss for putting it back on the tire side will cost ya.......

Back