Swisher 22 ton log splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have a Tractor Supply store around you, check out their 22 ton Huskee splitter. I think its going for $999.00 now. 5 gallon hydraulic tank, and it comes ready to go, just add gas. Probably the best bang for your buck.

If you have a Tractor Supply store around you, check out their 22 ton Huskee splitter. I think its going for $999.00 now. 5 gallon hydraulic tank, and it comes ready to go, just add gas. Probably the best bang for your buck.

:agree2: Lots of happy Huskee owners around here including me.

Thoughts on this splitter.

Just so happens I used a hydraulic splitter for the first time last weekend; and, just so happens it was a Swisher 22 ton log splitter. I borrowed it from a friend. It had been used quite a bit. My friend loves it. I bet I have spent 10 hours on the internet looking at hydraulic splitters and kinetic splitters ever since.

My friend and I split 4 straight hours one day and 6-7 the next. It never skipped a beat. We had some nasty stuff to split but nothing stopped it. I was amazed. I can vouch for this splitter and would not hesitate to buy one if I wanted to.

Good luck....Hinerman

Just so happens I used a hydraulic splitter for the first time last weekend; and, just so happens it was a Swisher 22 ton log splitter. I borrowed it from a friend. It had been used quite a bit. My friend loves it. I bet I have spent 10 hours on the internet looking at hydraulic splitters and kinetic splitters ever since.

My friend and I split 4 straight hours one day and 6-7 the next. It never skipped a beat. We had some nasty stuff to split but nothing stopped it. I was amazed. I can vouch for this splitter and would not hesitate to buy one if I wanted to.

Good luck....Hinerman

Do you recall seeing a hydro filter on it? I don't see one on the parts list. I can't imagine hydraulics without a filter.

Have owned my swisher 22 ton for 3 years and it has never had a single issue!!! Buy it... Got mine at Rural king on sale for 799.

I found my Swisher 22 ton splitter on Craigslist locally, it was used twice (yes, still had the tags on it and was garage kept), bought it for 700 bucks on the spot, came with a new 5 gallon jug of synthetic hydro fluid too.

I've owned it for 4 years and I've split literally 150 or more full cord of wood through it with only one boo-boo.....I pitched a locust split over it (meant for the split to land in the bed of the truck) and it bounced off and busted the oil dipstick tube off. 10 dollar fix and it was back in business!

Back