T-Stat

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will pull in 8 conductor wire and I haven't got a thermostat yet so if you know of a good one I am open to suggestions.

My furnace fan will kick on and off as my thermostat calls for heat. I am sort of lost when it comes to zone valves so I'm not to sure what you are talking about

Buy a Honeywell or a Carrier prog. stat.
Have a look @ your existing stat to see if it's a 110v or 24v unit and buy the same type.
The fan won't come on when the stat calls for heat, unless you switch the stat (internally) to electric/heat pump mode. This is a "must do" for OWB systems inegrated with oil/propane furnaces.

what to do???

This whole debate as to what thermostat that should be used is such a delema. I would like to be fancy and have only one thermostat on the wall for the owb and propane furnace. However, I am unsure as to what wires go where. Currently i have a five wire lead from the furnace. the terminals on the t-stat are as follows:

r/rc(jumpered) - red and blue wires - both connect to same r terminal on furnace
w - white wire - to w terminal on furnace
y - yellow wire - to ac unit
g - green wire - to g terminal on furnace

I looked at the Central Boiler book and it shows a two t-stat setup and it takes wire form t-stat 1 w terminal to t-state 2 rh and t-stat 1 g to t-stat 2 w

now with that said....how do I wire a 2 stage t-stat to work for the fan for the boiler and also propane with fan for backup?

I assume my current wires would be the same as before with the white wire to the w2 terminal on t-stat.

if so, my wiring would be as follows (less the W terminal):
y2 - blank
w2 - white wire
g - green wire
w - for boiler but what wire
y - yellow wire (AC)
r/rc (jumpered) - red wire

could someone please give me an idea for the wiring?

I installed my Hardy H4 100% myself, except hooking the wiring up to the t-stat and furnace. I'm not even smart enough to follow the instructions on this thread :msp_sad:
Dealer charged me $40 to come and hook up the 5 or so wires. Money well spent to me.

Simplest is two t-stats.

My OWB doesn't have a transformer. The only wire I got going to the OWB is the power wire. My pump is in the basement so I could use snap disc thermostat to stop the pump. My current thermostat wire is 4 wire. I was just thinking I could have 1 stage run the fan only and the second stage run the propane force air. Hope this makes sense.

This is the setup that i have. i have a 2 stage heat/ 1 stage cool setup. I bought the thermostat from lowes for 50 bucks. the first stage will run the furnace fan until the temp reaches 3 degrees below the setpoint in the house then the 2nd stage heat (propane furnace) will kick on and run until it reaches the temp setpoint for the house, you can also set it on a timer as well. It is a hunter brand thermostat.

Latest posts

Back