Taco Pumps et. al. - IFC vs not IFC

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

urhstry

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
What is the deal with an integral flow check on a pump like the 007 versus a 007 not having one? When would I want to use an IFC pump?

If you are doing your piping primary/secondary style, (same as having separate piping loops for HX's, baseboard, rads, etc.) then you want the IFC models to prevent ghost flow thru the secondary loops.

:cheers:

Thanks for the reply.... I have no idea what you mean. :dizzy:
For your standard OWB hook-up, will I need a pump with an IFC? Will it hurt to use one in a loop if it's not needed? Does it use more power? Loss in volume?

The Integral Flow Check (IFC) would be used/needed in systems that have parallel loops. Most standard OWB add-on systems that I am aware of have all the various units plumbed in series thus the IFC feature is not needed. If I could post a drawing here the diffference between a series and parallel loop would be easy to understand. In HVAC talk various parallel loops are often called "zones" To answer your question there would be no problem I can think off in using an IFC equipped pump where it isnt needed.

Butch said what I meant.....primary/secondary piping uses circs instead of zone valves....wish I had a CAD program here, or a scanner!

Back