talk me out of the 026 pro

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
he wants 350, im gona try and get it for 300

Wow, I would look elsewhere for that kind of money, mainly a brand new Dolmar 5100S for $369 at my local dealer. I refuse to pay the premium Stihl price for inferior product. You could also pick up a relly nice used 353 for around $275-300 and be way ahead of the old shool 026, IMHO.

Scott

Last edited:
200 realy?

theyre 500 new so i was thinkn if it is in the shape that its in pics then 300 350 would be good deal.

026's were never $500 new and this is not a new saw. I wouldn't give over $250 for it but I'm not a Stihl nut like some people around here. Lots of other more desireable saws for equal or less money. Buy it if it floats your boat.

Scott

definatly, i will let you know. i even have some stuff at the shop i can cut up for firewood.

thanks

Evan

Evan,

For two hundred with no problems with piston and cylinder, I'd grab it.

For two fifty with no problems with piston and cylinder, I'd look at the Dolmar 5100 before I made my decision.

For three hundred with no problems with piston and cylinder, I'd go with a new 5100, 260 or 346XP.

Joat

well guys i think if i cant get him down to 250 ill look around for stihl dealer that has 270 in stock and grab that for a few bucks more than 350

he does have another 026 that he wants 250 for. maybe get that one down to 200. both are in good shape. but the pro was the one i wanted

The Pro just has the adjustable oiler and decomp, neither of which is needed on the 026.

Don't let us spend your money, or not. Do what you're comfortable with.

what r you talkn about you guys are the reason i have my 359.
i was going to get a 270 280 when i found the 359, researched it and am very glad you guys talked as good about it as you did. its much much more saw then the 70 280s are.

i havent seen either of these 26's yet so i dont know for sure maybe the reg 026 is good enough shape ill like it.

this guys is not dealer he just has lots of stihl saws for soem reason.

well guys i think if i cant get him down to 250 ill look around for stihl dealer that has 270 in stock and grab that for a few bucks more than 350

he does have another 026 that he wants 250 for. maybe get that one down to 200. both are in good shape. but the pro was the one i wanted

If you can get the saw for $250, buy it. I seriously doubt you'll find an 026 Pro that nice anywhere else. If you decide against, then PM me the guys number.

$250 is a great price for a 026 in that condition, if you don't like it, you can unload it on fleabay and make a profit. You won't find a better built saw out.

Check your carb though.

You'll need to add 50 bucks for an adjustable carb to your net cost if you want to tune it and it has a fixed hi-jet carb on it.
Also btw the pro has no-oil-at-idle; or at least some years it did.
I've owned both saws; both good. Surprised you wanted both since they are near each other until I read the 28" bar part.
That sounds like something I would try.:laugh:
I assume you're trying to keep from either changing out your bar alot or limbing with too much bar.
I don't think you'll dislike the saw - but if you're using it less than say 20 percent of your cutting time I think you could put less money in a backup saw.

Maybe you could explain how much and what you'll cut with it?
-br

You won't find a better built saw out.

Unless he finds one of the many modern 50cc saws that are of superior design and technology.

Scott

Keep serving up the Coolaid there bub, I sure a heck ain't drinkin it. Stihl the same old tired underpowered design.

Scott

Last edited:
359 fills my big saw spot the 310 fills my back up spot and the 026 would be my small saw probly used alot.

359 wears 24" bar and pulls it very very well. 310 is a dog but i have well its our company saw but i claim it.

anyways im off. well see what happens.

Back