Talked to Husqvarna factory service tech today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If storage and quality is the issue, you can just buy 100LL AV gas at your local airport. It will store for well over a year.

Turns your spark screens white though. (if you have them on) Not sure if it does anything adverse other than that. Definitely a better quality fuel for longer storage terms. Not sure what the blend differences are, but there's clearly a quality difference.

One thing you must avoid is the use of a water/fuel separator funnel with avgas. I know there have been cases of spontaneous combustion when using them with 100LL. Also, typically, an FBO will be quite hesitant to put avgas in a red plastic portable tank. I've had to twist arms a few times to get them to do it for me.

here in Sweden, one gallon of normal 95 octane gas costs around: 5,3 USD
One gallon of Aspen costs around 8,5 USD.

I consume roughly 100 gallons / year for my chainsaws and clearing saws so I would save maybe 300 USD on using normal gas. Then I would have to buy oil, spend time to mix, and my headache I used to have after 8hours of brush cutting would come back. I think it's worth every penny. The saw runs much better too.

From Aspen website:
The name comes from the word alkylation, which is the name of the process used to extract the raw product.
The alkylation process takes place at oil refineries through surplus gases from the crude oil distillation and cracking plant being mixed. The result is a liquid. This liquid (alkylate) is the purest extractable petroleum product.
The alkylate is then mixed with a number of other components and we now have a finished product, ready to be used in most small engines.

Better for your health, the engine and our environment
When you use Aspen environmental petrol, you avoid dangerous substances such as benzene and aromatic hydrocarbons, substances that can cause serious health problems. The engine is also treated more kindly, for example, the spark plug and combustion chamber are kept cleaner. The petrol can be stored and even after long periods of no use, your engine starts without any problem if your tank has been filled with Aspen environmental petrol. Environmentally, there are numerous benefits, e.g. the formation of ground-level ozone (smog) is reduced by more than 50 %.

Maximum efficiency
Small engines are often uncomplicated and are technically simple engines with less than optimal combustion rates. This means that much of the fuel escapes unused. This, in turn, has a negative impact on both the environment and you, the user.

Aspen 2t is a ready-mixed petrol with 2 % fully synthetic two-stroke oil.

I believe that is true! :clap: :clap: :clap:

The only downside is that if you have used other (more "dirty") fuel for some time, the whole fuel and engine system has to be cleaned before you use Aspen, as it will "clean" the system, and that crud may hurt the engine......

Last edited:
perhaps, One thing to conceder is that for every gallon you buy you have a container to dispose of.

Aspen is a brand name, but the similar product can be bought from a pump at a gas station too, just bring your own container - why not your old Aspen...

Far from, actually very far from, all gas station sells this from pump, but it is available in some areas. Though I am a bit unsure about weather or not it's mixed with 2-stroke oil, or if you have to mix it yourself then.

They replied to my e-mail that it is not sold in US of A at this time. I'm like you Woodie I'd use it provided it has the longevity claimed.

Lake is that Av Gas leaded?

You will have to apply some real hard work to find a professional over here that is not using this. YMMV...

......just the same here, they "all" use it, other alky fuels cost a lot more, for no real reason......:cheers: :biggrinbounce2:

Last edited:
They replied to my e-mail that it is not sold in US of A at this time. I'm like you Woodie I'd use it provided it has the longevity claimed.

Lake is that Av Gas leaded?

Yes it is. 100LL means 100 octane Low Lead

(sorry to jump in there on ya Lake) :biggrinbounce2:

It's a West Coast thing - you wouldn't understand

RECYCLE ? Thats unherd of up here. No Joking.

Heck, we even have separate 60 gallon container for recycling... and you can be fined for puting the recycling stuff in the trash container.

So.... what's the difference between "White Gas" and that wacky $8 $uropean stuff?

As I understand it (read: "Wikipedia says..."), white gas is mostly paraffin with some naptha.

The only stuff I've ever heard called "white gas" is camp-stove fuel...is that the stuff you're referring to, Andy?

Though I am a bit unsure about weather or not it's mixed with 2-stroke oil, or if you have to mix it yourself then.

Did some checking, and all stations that sells from a pump sells the one that is mixed with oil for 2-strokes, but some stations also has a pump for unmixed Aspen.

They need to do some better advertising though, as it turned out when I checked where it was sold, that my nearest Husky dealer is one of the about 110 places in Sweden where you could buy this from pump. Not that I'm his most frequent customer, but I've been there often enough to at least notice it, or so you would think...

You're talking Coleman fuel? Mixed with 2 cycle oil, will that work? No ethanol... ever!!!

The "White gas" I refer too (old vauge memories) is not exactly Coleman... although they call theirs "white gas" but it has a lower octane rating... Does fire off saws well though when I use it in carb rebuilds!

Last edited:
Not trying to be argumentative but have you seen the price of milk lately? Up just shy of $1.00 a gallon. Divert more products from the food chain. Suspect beef price rise is next. Make it from something we don't eat or feed to something we then eat! Ethanol is politics as usual!

Lou my father gave every one of his boys a heifer when they turned seven years old. It was up to us to keep after it and tame her and help with the feeding of course. I had my first heifer to market from that cow when I was nine, it brought $1.25 in 1989.

I sold some heifers last month that were from the very same blood line, actually that first heifers daughter. They brought $1.30 a pound. It might be time for a little adjustment in beef prices.

I heard on the radio this spring that there are more acres being planted in corn this year than there has been since the 1960's. Couple this with the improved yield per acre (then 100 bushel and acre was good, now 200 is obtainable) and the land that sets fallow in CRP (The gubment pays you NOT to farm) it's a simple supply demand situation that will even it's self out.

Just some ramblings from a corn fed country boy, now back to your regularly schedule peeing match.

Field corn when the silk just begins to brown, tossed intact onto a bed of red wood coals till it chars just a little, then shucked and drug across a stick of butter and salted generously (mmmm). Made myself hungry. Entire neighborhood participated in these, and the local Constable would supply all the confiscated fire works to top off the evening.

I grew up in rural Ohio. I know about cows and crops. I don't see why the same can't be done with lawn clippings with no impact on the food chain. It should be obvious to anyone not earning some income generated by it that ethanol does not belong mixed with 2 cycle oil.

We once again return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

Alkylate Fuel

Hey lakside, tell the guys how many carburetors you have pulled down filled with jelly because of alcohol fuels. :popcorn:

Alcohol Fuel is not the same as Alkylate fuel in any way, it's more like gas but the best and cleanest top notch fuel you can get for any small engine and it also used in racing cars, and around here all most any pro use Aspen in all they're equipment's, and most of them get it in 25L cannisters. The Alkylate Fuel can be store for a long time, and it keep the engine in your equipments pretty clean.

Here is a link to Aspen
http://www.aspen.se/Aspen_(eng)_Aspen_Petroleum_DXNI-3250_.aspx

attachment.php

Back