• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold TANAKA ECV-5610 (similar to Redmax G5000) - Great used 50cc Heavy duty saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rynosawr

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Thought I would offer this to the AS crew, as there are some on here who can appreciate the quality and value of this little gem.

This saw starts and runs great, has strong compression (148psi at 6000 foot elevation = 175psi at sea level!!), and has very few hours of run time on it and more time riding around in the bed of a truck. The piston and cylinder look very nice as well, with the machining marks on the piston still visible.

Nothing broken or missing except for some stickers, runs strong, oils great, has the proper 20 inch oregon pro lite bar on it that I dressed and painted because it was ugly along with a brand new Carlton chain; this saw is ready to go work.

The only thing I can see from the previous life is that it must have had the clutch cover installed a little crooked at sometime because it got hot and melted the plastic a little around the chain brake on the inside of the clutch cover, but the chain brake still works correctly.

I have read a ton of reviews online and here on AS and there isn't a bad review on the Tanaka or the Redmax variant anywhere, in fact, many people say these are some of the stoutest and toughest saws they have seen.

This is a magnesium bodied saw but it is very light and very easy to manuever!

Here are some specs and a link to a refurbished Tanaka ECV-5610 for $600

https://bigskytool.com/tanaka-ecv-5...e-chain-saw-w-20-bar-chain-reconditioned.html

This saw is rated at 3.6hp and runs a .325 chain. I have seen one of these that was ported and it was NASTY!! Remember that a Husqvarna 346xp is rated at 3.7hp stock, so this is very close in power.

Asking $300 + Shipping at cost

Thanks Sawjunky!!

This is one of those saws that I like so much, I won't be discounting it much for a long time.....if at all.

If I don't get what I need for it, I will muffler mod it and it will be part of my personal saw plan. This is just one of those saws that you know you have a quality piece of equipment when you hold and use it.

My saw budget is pretty low right now and my 50cc slot is overful. If I had the cash, I would buy it I have always wanted to try one.

Ok, well y'all are all saved from the temptation.

I sold it just now from a craigslist ad to a nice tree professional.

well, at that price, I guess you can afford to replace it several times....

The guy who bought this one was proud to get it and I feel confident in knowing it will serve him well for years to come

Back