Tank vent

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Forsh

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Guys can anyone point me in the right direction? Where do I find the tank vent on a Husqvarna 50 model? Given the extremely scathing and sarcastic posts in some recent threads, no answers like "on the tank" please.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Look inside the tank, and if theres a tube that doesnt go to anything near the top, look where it goes to the wall of the tank, and locate it on the outside, then you'll know.

the tank vent is located on the right just under the rubber anti vibration mount a long plastic tube sits in there with a non return valve (lets air in but doesn't let fuel out) I only just found this today when I completely removed the tank and rear handle unit off my husky 50 to locate a leak and found that the breather tube was missing and this is where the fuel leaked from (I am feeling like a fool at the moment)

Both bring up good points. Although there is no guarantee, frequently you can see the other tube inserted into the tank, but it will have no fuel filter on the end...

ross_scott said:
I completely removed the tank and rear handle unit off my husky 50 to locate a leak and found that the breather tube was missing and this is where the fuel leaked from (I am feeling like a fool at the moment)

Ross, surely only a fool in a good way, you'd have felt a much bigger fool if you'd splashed out the $300 + you said you'd been quoted for a new tank.

very true dan very true but the stealership was the fool when they sold me a replacement vent and forgot the little gauze that stops the fuel coming out and had to ring me up and tell me to go in and get it

Back