tatoos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aww, thanks! :) my mom and my step mom have both been negative influences in my life, and my dad's and bro have been the BEST thing in my life from day one!

yea, i grew up with all guys around, no sisters, no girl cousins(just younger ones) all uncles and papaw, and dads and brother. . lol. . .and i LOVE it that way!

Homelite tatoo

I'm going to get a tatoo of an old Homelite on my arm next. Probably an Xp-1020, and also the Case tractor company logo with the Case war eagle perched on top of the globe of the world with Case in the center. After that I'm going to get a sailor girl tat.

i've been thinking about tattoo'ing a hundred dollar bill on mr johnson

my wife just loves to blow a hundred bucks

new ink!

Pulling up a thread from the graveyard, here is an armband I recently had done. Been thinking about one for a while but wanted something different since everyone seems to have the same ole'. Guy that did it said he's never done another saw chain in 20 years and I couldn't find any pictures of anything similar on the net.

:cheers:

got a very cool tattoo of stumpy " comin at ya " with a 338 in his hand, and believe it or not most people who see it like it if someone could tell me how to put it on here i will im just learning a computer thanx to this site, help me out.:dizzy:

really? I personally know three guys who have that. Cool, BTW....

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with how it came out. I figured between the tree industry folks and the loggers out there that someone else had something like it.

attachment.php

Here is my silky tattoo on my left shoulder blade

AWWW. That's so cute!

got my first tat when my first daughter was born in 2004 now i have 19 most have a meaning. some people dont agree with it and some people think owning 10,20 chainsaws is stupid but hey i enjoy them both.:)

For many it is a business decision. Many clients are still turned off, or distru####l of people with multiple tattoos, especially if they have full sleeves and stuff crawling up their neck.

To many it implies affiliation with some form of criminal underclass, weather biker, gang or wannabe hoodlum.

As for piercings, I would not let a climber in a tree with facial rings and such.

Thanks for saving me some typing. LOL!

It would be great if we lived in a society who doesn't pre-judge a person for their skin color, religion or gender... and the way we appear. However, we don't live in that society, so in order to move progress along for the better, it's wise in my eyes, to fit in when necessary if it serves a greater purpose...

...Like getting a job, working on a job or keeping up appearances for the sake of a business transaction because clients can't help but have first impressions.

StihlRockin'

Thanks for saving me some typing. LOL!

It would be great if we lived in a society who doesn't pre-judge a person for their skin color, religion or gender... and the way we appear. However, we don't live in that society, so in order to move progress along for the better, it's wise in my eyes, to fit in when necessary if it serves a greater purpose...

...Like getting a job, working on a job or keeping up appearances for the sake of a business transaction because clients can't help but have first impressions.

StihlRockin'

This is why I refrain from getting any more visible tattoos. I only have 1 that you can see with my shirt on, a clock on my right forearm, which is why when out bidding I usually have a long sleeve undershirt beneath my company tee. 1 visible tat I doubt matters too much to most potential clients but may as well put your best foot foreward just in case.

Back in the day when I was younger, I hard-core judged on appearance when it came to tattoos. That showed my ignorance at the time because experience taught me, after getting to know the person, most were no where near what I had preconceived about them.

Sad thing is you'd think when a person(client) becomes an adult, they too would wise up, but they don't. So like I suggested earlier, might as well not fight these first impressions and give yourself, by having more of a clean cut image, more time for the person to get to know you a bit before having last impressions. The clean cut image will facilitate the transaction in a more positive way when the client doesn't have to be engrossed with having distracting thoughts on one's appearance.

Face it; most of our clients may not give a rat's arse about how we look, but it's those in the minority having wrong impressions that could stop us from performing and gaining a profit just because they can't get over one's appearance.

StihlRockin'
icon7.gif

personally i love tattoos and i hate when peopl think they are stupid. I have4 all together, my largest on is 14 inches long across my lower back, all of them can be covered by work clothes or revealed when i want them to be. i perxonaly think its no diff than getting an ear peirced, once the hole is they, its there forever, i have has my ears done since i was 4 and they stil havent healed up,

seen a chick at the river today with the lower back tat,me an I buddy was thinkin wow!
But in the long run run I am a bussines owner AND image Is everything. I believe in live and let live.but given choice between tats and no tats on employee,the one with out being the slower of the two.
sorry .goin for the slower and I will make it up in the long run!

This is why I refrain from getting any more visible tattoos. I only have 1 that you can see with my shirt on, a clock on my right forearm, which is why when out bidding I usually have a long sleeve undershirt beneath my company tee. 1 visible tat I doubt matters too much to most potential clients but may as well put your best foot foreward just in case.

This was a real consideration in where to get the tat. I have a lot of contact with clients, including sales and first impressions are really important. That's why I went with the armband, it's high enough that a short sleeve shirt will cover it.

Back