Temporary fixes, Jimmy rigging

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Jimmy rigging bad or good I want to know about what you have seen?

Today I inspected my husky 162se saw, the recoil housing had some broken vents on it. Then when I removed it the end of the crankshaft was worn shiney, upon further inspection they replaced the flat head screw with a Allen head cap screw that was rubbing on the end of the crank. There’s not enough clearance there for a cap screw.

On my partner saw they ty wrapped a piece of foam for a air filter on the housing.

On my husky 285 they extended the ignition wire with a section of box cable so it would run. No top covers. Lots of compression just needs a ignition wire and top covers.

On my 2100 husky parts saw they broke the starter recoil cover and bolted a piece of sheet metal bent to replace the securing hole in the upper left part of the recoil housing. I bought the 2100 as locked up. The bolt and nut on the recoil cover jammed the flywheel. The saw is very rebuildable with replacing some missing parts.

Most of the time it’s a easier fix than jimmy rigging it.

Back