Teupen Lift Video

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanlarkin

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
We assisted Teupen with a video shoot several weeks back. It's pretty cool to see one of the final pieces.
This vid is a quick run through of a lift, from arrival to the job to leaving when complete:

They're working on a bunch of videos going into detail on features and how to use them.

Ok, That thing does look pretty bad ass, but really need to work on the selling points! The first cut he maid was reachable with a good pole saw. Second cut that he used a porta-wrap on? Seriously dude? In the time it took to unload that thing and set up the porta I would have been in the tree rigging that branch to my harness to chuck down when I was done with the cut. 68' working platform would be really sweet for those 75' removals that are a bit dead and scary. Most everything in that video could be handled faster by a mediocre climber.

Nice video. If you wanna show the lift doing some real tree work, bring it on down to one of my jobs.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Ok, That thing does look pretty bad ass, but really need to work on the selling points! The first cut he maid was reachable with a good pole saw. Second cut that he used a porta-wrap on? Seriously dude? In the time it took to unload that thing and set up the porta I would have been in the tree rigging that branch to my harness to chuck down when I was done with the cut. 68' working platform would be really sweet for those 75' removals that are a bit dead and scary. Most everything in that video could be handled faster by a mediocre climber.

It takes a whole 5 minutes to unload another 5 minutes to set up. Yes you MIGHT get to the tree by then, but doubt you would have gotten up to the work area. The whole idea is that YOU DO NOT NEED TO CLIMB. At the end of the day, you do not go home as tired or as dirty. It makes the work so much easier, faster, and more can be accomplished in the same amount of time.

It takes a whole 5 minutes to unload another 5 minutes to set up. Yes you MIGHT get to the tree by then, but doubt you would have gotten up to the work area. The whole idea is that YOU DO NOT NEED TO CLIMB. At the end of the day, you do not go home as tired or as dirty. It makes the work so much easier, faster, and more can be accomplished in the same amount of time.

Some people like to climb. Keeps us from getting fat. I also like to go home tired and dirty. That way, if my wife looks at me, she knows I've been working. If I came home clean and refreshed, she would immediately suspect I was up to no good. Its a great toy but for the sake of my marriage, I'll pass on this one.

You're criticizing a marketing video? Really. You must be fun watching the Super Bowl with while you point out the inaccuracies in the commercials.

Latest posts

Back