Thanks Dean for your call, gee you lot talk funny.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozflea

Good ol' BP Zoom 25-1
Reaction score
Thanks old mate,

I appreciated your call it kinda made my day, gee you fellas talk kinda funny,
i will be interested in talking more about saws with you in the hope of importing a few out here to Australia.
If at anytime there's some stock thats not too old and is at a reasonable price that would allow me to buy and export to Australia for resale please let me know.

From way down south, like in Australia.

Mc Bob.

We were talking of a D 60 but it's not in my list of Mc saws.
So'll need a pic if you don't mind.
As regards the Mc 1-61 it's a gear drive, i don't think i would be interested in it to be honest. As i prefer the direct drives and their lighter to boot.

Mc Bob.

Hey it was fun. You know my wife says I talk funny too. :p I have another email going to you. I am down loading the pictures now and will send that to your email address. If you ever need a big bar for your Macs I have access to a 54" sprocket tip for $120 plus shipping. It's brand new. so how many saws do you have in your collection? I have to say the biggest problem with you buying saws for resale has got to be the shipping costs down there. WOW!!! For what it takes to ship a saw down there you could almost buy a small pony.

At this stage i get free shipping from California by sea. So i'm only up for the freight to California which makes it a damm site easier on the hip pocket nerve.

As regards a big bar i already have one ?? No i bought a 66" bar a couple of weeks ago to put on my SP125c to frighten the locals with, i'm collecting enough second hand chain now to put a loop together as it will only be for display.
But my SP 125c fires up and runs so i need to find a big big tree to check her out.

Gee your horses must be cheap over there.

Mc Bob.

I actually like to eat it. I also like to eat ostrich. It got to be a big thing up here for a while. Raiseing those big chickens for meat. The woosies up here in America turn their noses up to just about anything other than a Mcdonalds burger. You would have to force feed a starving American something like horse or goat, yet a better part of the world would give their eye teeth for a mouthful. sorry I'll get back down off my soap box.

Got a few saws but their mostly Mc's as their my heart and soul as i was born and raised on Mc's, did my time in the later part of the seventies till the nineties when most of them were still made of metal in one way or another. I was working in a town called Maitland in the Hunter Valley of New South Wales here in Australia, and was the biggest Mc dealer in the country at the end but mostly selling farm and pro saws and not many consumer saws like people do today. Why sell little ones when with a bit of work and good salesmanship you can sell a decent saw and make reasonable money.

I used be be jack of all trades fixing them and selling them, plus having a bush run to call in and see all the pro cutters and offering whatever they needed, some wouldn't buy saws off me but they bought my chain and accessories and i serviced whatever brand of saw they had.

I achieved a bit of a first as at the time Stihl had a policy of only 1 Stihl dealer to a town or area, but with a bit of skull duggery and the right amount of pressure we got what i believe the second Stihl dealership in this town of Maitland, man did i sell some Mc's then as our Stihls were firmly bolted to the display cases, but if all else failed we'd have to let one go. Anything to keep a happy customer and keep him coming back.

As i said i was born and raised on Mc's, well heres how the story goes i was trained by McCulloch in Sydney plus indoctrinated into the Mc way of thinking ( yella to the bone and luvin it ) at attended all the pomp and bullxxxx conferences coming home feeling as if i could sell ice to Eskimos, the truth of the matter was it worked, i used to attend the Stihl conferences till they realised i was only spying and causing havoc and was prolitely told to bugger off and stop annoying them, them Germans had no sense of humour.
Later when i was involved in setting up my own business and i asked for a Stihl agency i was told to bugger off again so i just sold other brands like Solo, Jonsered, Homelite, Ryobi and of cause Oleo-Mac, but i mainly concentrated on the Mc 's and Solo.

I also sold pushmowers but made no money so in summer i sold Ride on Mowers and done very well, being named Greenfields top dealer of the year for 2 years running, Greenfield were an Australian made and owned Ride on made in Queensland and are a very good ride on mower, in was averaging about 3 to 4 a week, not bad for a one man band.

Mc Bob.

I talked to Dean today as well. He didn't sound like he talked funny to me, but he only lives a couple of hours away, so accent isn't an issue... Of course we didn't talk about eating horse, just saws and my 361 muffler I'm sending him. Super nice guy.

Jeff

Last edited:
After talking to Dean myself, I think he's a great guy. I dont think he talks funny, he's just really busy makin that money out there. rock on man!!!

i have talked to dean several times, he is a really cool guy. allways good to talk to. allways helpful and in a good mood. he will be getting alot of business from me. even when i have my saw repair business going. allies and help is allways a good thing.

talken funny

Dean doesn't talk funny for a warshentoningon. But he does need a barber. lol no great guy will get all of my buss.

How long is his hair? Yesterday on the phone he told me he might make it to the Sequim show and to just look for "the big guy with long hair." I told him to look for the "kinda big guy with a shaved head." If I run into him, I'll try to get a pic, and post here.

Hear that Dean? Now you have to come to Sequim! You'll find me by the glare on my head...

Jeff

hair

fishhuntcutwood he's been to my barbershop twice now and I can't get him in my chair. I think he's afraid of my straight razor. Its past his shouldars in back kind of the billy ray cyrus look.

hey the chicks dug billy until the money ran out.

Hey dean I was thinking what are we going to call that saw. The 359klickitatsacket or 359hotsawsacket

Gee and i thought this was a private conversation, we should have had the loud speakers on, no only jokin fellas, yep you yanks certainly sound different just like we do even when we're full of cuth and culture. Read as grog.

One day when i'm rich (have many high hopes) i might just have to drag my sorry ass over your way and educate you fellas on speakin properly.

Mc Bob.

hey dean, i have a kawasaki 750cc street bike engine sitting behind me in my basement.. want a real nice hotsaw project? LOL. could have a nice 5speed 4cyl monster with a belly bar on it :) ive tested the engine to 10,000rpm on prem gas with no mods. came out of a parts bike i got for $10 to keep my 650 going.

Latest posts

Back