Thanks guys

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim L Gorman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
We bought a 046, and are happy so far. We have an 088 for the big stuff, were going to try an 020 for trimming & topping. I am a urban forester,work for a city in Iowa, I know ,no trees in Iowa. But we do have some,work year round,trimming,topping,planting.Have used the 046 and the 088 out of the boom truck. The largest tree I dropped was 13' bhd.silver maple, I'm glad it was hollow. Thanks Again for the help!
Tim
Loved homelites

Tim, I dont know if you realized you cussed on arboristsite. Topping is a very serious arborist crime. Please stop this immediately and educate yourself on this topic as you did with your new chainsaw choice. Also, to respond to your posts please hit post reply instead of new thread. This will limit the amount of separate posts we get. Please read the commercial tree section on topping trees, there are several posts of interest. You will be better recognized in your industry if you inform yourself. Dont look at it as you will loose money if you didnt do it, but you will gain work in the future for being respected and knowledgable. You are also strange in the fact you like hollow trees? Man talk about dangerous. You could be seriously injured if you dont take proper percausions on this situation. The other thing is, that that tree was probably hollow due to being topped at one time. This is a great site to get help and these guys in here will love to throw a few pointers your way. We all have one common goal. EDUCATION. We never will stop learning. Good Luck, and I hope to see you in the commercial tree section. If not, I hope to not see you top any trees.

Back