That is it! I am covering it!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HuskyMike

HuskyMike

ArboristSite Guru
When I first put my wood up in April and May, I started seeing some cracking in the Maple and some other hard woods. Since the rain all summer, the checking has stayed the same or lessened. It is darkening up in color some but not as much as I would like!!!

htpd43

htpd43

ArboristSite Operative
water

I dont cover my wood til winter to keep the snow oof of it. Rain water will be out of it by fall. There still are plenty of hot summer days to come. I remember someone saying wetting the wood pulls moisture out when it evaporates. I cant remember the thread but Im sure you could search. :)

good memory - if its the same one im thinking of it was in the milling section -the poster was talking about wetting the wood to dry it quicker and keep the checking to a minimum. i can't remember who it was - maybe bobL

mga

wandering
I dont cover my wood til winter to keep the snow oof of it. Rain water will be out of it by fall. There still are plenty of hot summer days to come. I remember someone saying wetting the wood pulls moisture out when it evaporates. I cant remember the thread but Im sure you could search. :)

dry wood means getting the sap out. i don't cover mine either until it snows.

it's been raining hard alot here too, but the wood seems to be doing fine. i remember that discussion too.

Latest posts