The 346 quest

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well it all started with a desire for a 346 xp and I found one on e-bay from a company in Florida that stated completely rebuilt with 6 month guarantee! In their ad they stated authorized husq. dealer all factory cert. mechanics! they said new p/c i e-mailed them and asked was piston oem and forgot in typing to include cylinder in question,second mistake! Saw arrived running around 12k fat so I put in wood w/ 32;1 mix and saw lasted about 15 seconds. Pulled shroud and noticed cylinder was painted black and I could not see mahle anywhere, called company and told rep. what happened and of course I caused problem. asked him about after market cylinder and he told me I did not ask about cylinder so in essence no deception was there. chalked it up to my error, so bought new oem cylinder/piston/bearings/seals and rebuilt! Oh by the way the piston was PAINTED yes PAINTED!!! Black just like cylinder. the story has happy ending saw is running great will be sending to Randy in a few weeks. so let me have it I can take it!!

Well it all started with a desire for a 346 xp and I found one on e-bay from a company in Florida that stated completely rebuilt with 6 month guarantee! In their ad they stated authorized husq. dealer all factory cert. mechanics! they said new p/c i e-mailed them and asked was piston oem and forgot in typing to include cylinder in question,second mistake! Saw arrived running around 12k fat so I put in wood w/ 32;1 mix and saw lasted about 15 seconds. Pulled shroud and noticed cylinder was painted black and I could not see mahle anywhere, called company and told rep. what happened and of course I caused problem. asked him about after market cylinder and he told me I did not ask about cylinder so in essence no deception was there. chalked it up to my error, so bought new oem cylinder/piston/bearings/seals and rebuilt! Oh by the way the piston was PAINTED yes PAINTED!!! Black just like cylinder. the story has happy ending saw is running great will be sending to Randy in a few weeks. so let me have it I can take it!!
and you believe yourself,,to be the only one that's happened to??? not hardly.....

And please tell us who the seller is . Good to let others know they are not to be trusted .

Back