the $500.00 'room full of saws' buyout

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
update

not much of an update but here it is.

the biggest improvement i made was building shelves. i have 2/3 of the stuff organized so i can see what i have and how much of it. there are still a lot of saws outside on a temp table but it is protected from weather and nothing is ruined yet. ;)

everything i mention below was in the lot:

i have repaired a makita 520, repaired an 020av, and completely built a 026 from parts i had except piston and bar nuts!
an 066 is on the bench now awaiting a new piston. i have nearly enough to build an entire 066 so why not? there is also a mid eighties poulan 2800 that is just a few ticks away form becoming a 60cc modder, and a nice husqy 335xpt that i am putting the finishing touches on when the parts arrive.
i have also recently taken an interest in homelite xl2s. two of them are laying in the garage that i tinkere with when i am waiting on other parts. finally, i am real close to starting on a 038m for myself. i have always wanted one and have just about enough parts to build one up for me-self.

i have embarked on a lot of horse-trading in the swapmeet thread. it's almost like a drug ;). lots of parts for lots of saws have been sent to lots of members here. it's cool to be able to give some back to the AS community after leaching info for a couple of years.

pics of some stuff from a month or so ago.

PICT1898.jpg

PICT1899.jpg

PICT1826.jpg

That is A LOT more organized than my mix of stuff. Dealing with members is usually a good experience. Wheeling and dealing is just part of the game and always seems to even out. It is pretty cool when the member thanks ya publicly and post a pic of the saw finished or doing some cutting.:rock:

Latest posts

Back