The 550XP and 562XP get their first real workout

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...The one drawback to the stellar fuel consumption is that I ran out of chain oil long before fuel. Unfortunately I didn't realize it until she ran out of gas...

Working down the tree I got into some 16-18" wood that was taxing the 16" B/C. Still plenty of power, just not enough reach so I shut her down and reached for the 562-20". For everything the 550 did to impress me, the 562 matched it and more...

Assuming you meant that the saw was low on gas. As you probably know, no saw likes it very much when the tank and carb are run dry.

Not sure there are gains to be had with changing to an 18" B/C or an 8-pin rim sprocket, based on your observations of the 550xp with a 16" B/C. A 16" bar will cut 18" dia. wood from one side with the right technique. I'd suggest running it the way it is until it's well broken-in, at which point you'll have a better feel for what it can do.

Last edited:
Assuming you meant that the saw was low on gas. As you probably know, no saw likes it very much when the tank and carb are run dry.
I wasn't low on fuel... when the tip was buried the saw lugged a bit. It might have been me and my technique (a bit rusty to be honest), but I could definitely tell when the bar was buried.

Well my opinion about 550 xp . Most of the time i worked/working with it with pine trees. Limbing with it is realy a joy, the saw has enough power and you really notice RevBoost. The effective anti-vibration dampeners is also a +, and also low weight, after some hours of handling the saw you can feel this less weight in your hands (560/562 xp is 0.5 kg heavier) . Well saw is not designed for the cutting extreme dimensions but 60 cm trees should not be the problem.
I have only one blame when the engine is warm the saw is sometimes "stubborn" (starting problem)-> but if you read the manual for start hot engine it goes quite smoothley.

Well till now i am very satisfied with my 550 xp, at first i had some doubt about this AutoTune but now i am glad that i have it.

Last edited:
Now this is what I call a happy saw owner. Good to read your comments the saws Mark. But don't forget to run the ole 162 now and again. Saws have feelings too. :laugh:

The 550 oiler is a bit on the stingy side if not set on max, so I'd leave it there. Especially if burying the bar doing firewood. The mid setting would be OK for limbing though.

As mentioned, the 562 feels better balanced with an 18" than a 20". But if you need a 20" the solution is to use the tech-lite, which feels equal to the typical 18".

You sound happy!

And to think, I run a 20" techlite on my 576xpat now....

So it's a340 with15", 261xp ported with 18", 576at with 20" and a 2095 ported with 24" (until my big Total (Tsumura) bars arrive anyway.

I prefer having smaller bars overall as a rule now, probably due to the hardwoods.

Well latley i noticed by my 550 xp that the saw gets hot very fast (also in first minutes of starting), if you touch the plastic cover over the cylinder you can feel the heat through.I dont know is this normal or not?what are yours experience with.

Well latley i noticed by my 550 xp that the saw gets hot very fast (also in first minutes of starting), if you touch the plastic cover over the cylinder you can feel the heat through.I dont know is this normal or not?what are yours experience with.

It's August and hot. :msp_wink:
Probably nothing to worry about.

I wouldn't run a 20" bar on my 562 if I couldn't have a Tech-Lite.

Old thread alert****

I’m thikkng of getting this saw soon. Any changes in your opinion? How about a 24 bar on ? Also what is the lite weight bar that holds up the best longevity wise.

I was trying to find out: is the Rev-boost only a feature of the older Mark-1 550xp or is that something that is included in other saws that Husqvarna has manufactured more recently? 550xp mark2 or 572xp or 592xp? Those are the 3 I'm currently running and was just something that came to mind hearing rev-boost mentioned.. they're 2021-2022 models

Latest posts

Back