The 576 XP, wow

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't seen any seizures yet but I have only sent out 1 on demo to a faller. He flew out to camp a week or so ago with a couple 372's he trusts and this 576 to play with. The memo startled me though. A micro-processor controlled fuel system should re-calculate at least twice a second, under any circumstances. It should not have to "learn" right out of the box.

That memo does sound alittle odd for sure. Seems they could find a way to have that saw set to go without having you spend 2-5 minutes sawing with it at time of sale. Seems they could find a way to put that motor under a load without sawing to set the controls..

This is like 1975 all over again - what a bunch of $#!t cars they made back then.

There's a bunch of 365's on Ebay with the following ad:

"New 365 Husqvarna 65cc Chainsaw 18" Fast Ship! Its Back"

Add a new P&C, instant 372XP

That memo does sound alittle odd for sure. Seems they could find a way to have that saw set to go without having you spend 2-5 minutes sawing with it at time of sale. Seems they could find a way to put that motor under a load without sawing to set the controls..

Like I said, a simple Firmware update would likely fix the issue pretty easily.:cheers:

Like I said, a simple Firmware would likely fix the issue pretty easily.:cheers:

Beats me. You may be right, I haven't a clue. I do find that memo Simon is talking about baffling. I'm with him, they want 2-5 minutes of sawing at time of sale, they should provide the log,LOL

that didn't take long. I received a memo today faxed by a Swedish engineer from Husqvarna. He told me about lean seizures on the new 576. Apparently if they are not run under heavy load when first started, the computer does not reset from the factory default setting, (Which is lean to pass the emissions tests at the factory). Now the funny part, he states the saw must be run in a big log at full throttle for 2-5 minutes to "clue" itself in. I guess they will send a log with every 20 saws? Another Tech manager from Canada told me the saw needs 60 revolutions to complete the feedback loop required to recalibrate. This tells me the saw runs between 12 and 30 rpms, a tad slow for a chainsaw, (or water-wheel for that matter). Cheers, Simon.

Computer??? Please elaborate? How in the heck does it have a computer? What powers it?

Computer??? Please elaborate? How in the heck does it have a computer? What powers it?

It is to my understanding that this concerns the 576 autotune only. The autotune has in effect a small computer which senses ambient conditions and chooses appropriate fuel/air mixture.

Buy what good "old style saws" you can. By the next election this Country will be so screwed down by the EPA nothing will be right.

People that make the laws for the two stroke industry probably have never even used a Chainsaw!!

It is to my understanding that this concerns the 576 autotune only. The autotune has in effect a small computer which senses ambient conditions and chooses appropriate fuel/air mixture.

Ya, I know what the autotune does. But I want to know how it works. Not likely it has a computer. Maybe a simple module, maybe!

I would think it is a chip that runs off coil signal and tied to whatever monitors the carb.

Yes. but how does it work

From the husky site.

AutoTune gives optimal engine performance throughout automatic engine setting. No time spent on carburettor adjustments. It compensates for different fuels, altitude, humidity, temperature and clogged air filter.

curious is to how it works? How would it sense clogged air filter? I can only think it would have to have a air flow meter.

sounds similar to the stihl 280 if im not mistaken.

Ya, I know what the autotune does. But I want to know how it works. Not likely it has a computer. Maybe a simple module, maybe!

It's likely just a couple sensors that send a signal to a few IC circuit's and an EPROM. It's likely a very simple setup, and it should be full proof. Someone at Husky made a big mistake. They probably thought, well when the saws gets used it will be for bucking only, instead of limb work.

My guess is the 2-5 minute thing is just a safe number, it likely resets much faster than that under hard load.

Yes. but how does it work

From the husky site.

AutoTune gives optimal engine performance throughout automatic engine setting. No time spent on carburettor adjustments. It compensates for different fuels, altitude, humidity, temperature and clogged air filter.

curious is to how it works? How would it sense clogged air filter? I can only think it would have to have a air flow meter.

EPROM, MAF and 02, I would think. Probably a TPS as well. Compensating for different fuels should require a knock sensor, too. It's the way of the future... Just the first wave is all.

In any capacity, I sure like my 372 and 390.

For what it's worth, the Allison transmission on my pickup required "30" cycles to learn my driving my style. The hardcore diesel racers switch TCM's to race... if they're tuning their motor or driveline, they'll pull that TCM and run a different unit, just so they don't re-program the unit they have. That's a lot of work, but it lends to the idea of a computer doing some learning... although the husky is wildly different than what's under the hood of my d-max.

I'd bet you could run that saw lugging hard for 15 seconds and it would learn to cut richer than the factory settings, to a safe level.

Doesn't mean I want one though.

Back