The age old question. What log splitter to buy.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2nqfz2p.jpg
ok sis but i cut a full cord in a hr in the morning

2nqfz2p.jpg
ok sis but i cut a full cord in a hr in the morning

I don't know what your looking for. I'm not saying your splitter or system is wrong. Heck get me a cord tommorow morning! I'm just saying that I want more out of my splitter.

I have a Built-Rite 24HPWS-D. The closest competitor unit from Timberwolf would be the TW-6/7. With respect to build quality and fit-finish I think they are very similar. The primary differences would be:

1. The Built-Rite 24 has a single stage pump, Timberwolf is a two stage.

2. The 24 has a disappearing wedge design when using the 4 way, which enables the 4-way wings to hydraulically lower down flush with the table to split 2-way.

3. The Built-Rite has more wedge options...4, 6, 8 or 10-way.

4. The Built-Rite has an optional diesel engine.

-Mark

Do you know anyone who has the built right or split right

wow

no i sell it with in 5 miles of home the city is 20 miles away wood gos for 200,00 a cord + 75.oo stacking

I am glad I don't have to buy wood at 200.00 cord, if I did I would burn N.G.

I like the I\O also.

TEDMI.

100_0083.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone tried an ariens Splitter. i just saw one at the local Gravely dealership, and it looks pretty well built. The price for the 27 ton model is about $1800.00.
I am thinking of getting into the firewood business, but would only use the splitter now and then. i plan on buying all my wood already cut and split, some distance from here, then just reselling it here in town.
So, I hate to tie up a big bucks in a splitter right now.
Thanks

I have a Built-Rite 24HPWS-D. The closest competitor unit from Timberwolf would be the TW-6/7. With respect to build quality and fit-finish I think they are very similar. The primary differences would be:

1. The Built-Rite 24 has a single stage pump, Timberwolf is a two stage.

2. The 24 has a disappearing wedge design when using the 4 way, which enables the 4-way wings to hydraulically lower down flush with the table to split 2-way.

3. The Built-Rite has more wedge options...4, 6, 8 or 10-way.

4. The Built Rite has an optional diesel engine.

-Mark

Looks like a tank. Is there any thing you would change about it? Did you look at spit right before you bought yours?

Looks like a tank. Is there any thing you would change about it? Did you look at spit right before you bought yours?

Overall it works very well, the only thing I would change is the price! Splitters are expensive! I did take a look at the split right. I went with the Built-Rite because I felt I was getting more bang for the buck and it offered me more options with the wedges. I also liked the fact that they had been building machines a bit longer.

I think all of the splitters mentioned are nice machines. In the end I would get the one that fits your needs most of the time. The only problem is it's hard to see these machines in operation...so you often have to purchase one "blind".

I think you're in NE PA...feel free to come by and see mine. I'm in NW jersey. You might also find some other folks will let you check out thier machines before you buy.

-Mark

How does it do on big stuff? How long a stroke is it? I cut for a owb so I like to get some longer stuff.

The Super Split will split as large a rounds as you can put on it and does it quick. Lengths up to 25". I've split around 10 cords so far with mine and love it! If it was lost or stolen today, I'd order another tomorrow :)

Back