the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, well that's the theory. However, when you think about it, if the barometric pressure is higher (which tends to lean an engine), the increased pressure on the diaphragm should help compensate for the higher pressure by increasing the flow of fuel.

That obviously doesn't work in extreme cases as the pilots will adjust the high speed needle during flight as they change altitude.

One of the neat things about working on slide carbs was you had charts that gave a general description of where each jet was operational at a given throttle opening and how much the jets tended to overlap. With that information you had a general idea where to start to correct a carburetion problem. I'd love to see such a chart for a diaphragm carb and how changing POP shifted or changed the curve.

Hahaha.

I hate to say this, but I'm starting to feel 79cc's isn't big enough for what I tend to cut these days. :(

There's only one answer.

Port it :D

Nah ms 660

if that don't work try a big bore kit!

still not enough port that or go an 880!

[snip]
One of the neat things about working on slide carbs was you had charts that gave a general description of where each jet was operational at a given throttle opening and how much the jets tended to overlap. With that information you had a general idea where to start to correct a carburetion problem. I'd love to see such a chart for a diaphragm carb and how changing POP shifted or changed the curve.

Only ever ran an engine with a Mikuni slide once. (down near where Andrew and Billy are actually ;) )

It wasn't may kart or engine and I was so paranoid of frying it I had it that fat it would barely run :D

It also had the gumballiest (is that a word ?) Bridgestone experimental radial slicks you could imagine, so that made things even worse.

Of course I copped crap from the owner (a multiple Australian Champion ) for not being able to tune an engine and Mikey the Japanese Bridgey tyre tech kept rolling around laughing "ah, Ricky, F1 driver hahahaha"

Bastards.

the best one ever made, good old super reliable 088. thats clean compared to how i got it, took an hour in the washing machine to get it that clean

(I can just hear Matt now, "you're running 050 and you get up me !". It's my beater bar and chains sweety :p)

Hi dearest. I only just found this thread and had to paddle through 15 pages of waffle to make it here. The only good input was from Randy, the only non Aussie here. Hi Randy :cheers: Heh heh...

and as there are only 2 manufacturers currently building in the said range it will be one of the 2 and at present the 3120 is running second by a good stretch!

At least the 3120 is still running! You've got Stihl tattooed across your forehead :D You only brought up the 3120 so you had an excuse to rag on it ;) I've run 880's side by side with my 3120 and they're the same saw if you shut your eyes. Except the 3120's don't have a habit of going bang :D

yeah go the 880 best saw ever built, reliable,powerfull , well built, excellent all round design simply the best

Hah hah. Indeed they are Aaron :D

Matt, do you have any more of those tachs?

Sorry Terry. All out mate and the US mob that sold them have them on backorder.

Last edited:
Well I have something sad to say. I work at Landmark and there is a national sales' campaign on bloody Hyundai saws. The boss said you like chainsaws we'll get 4 of each size in and you can sell them. Just how do you sell a piece of sh*t?
The smaller 45cc one seems "OK" but the 62cc version with 24" bar is in no man's land. It wants so hard to be a pro logger's saw but it's still a sugar coated piece of crap.

And then I fueled and oiled them up and started them both. Sadness enveloped me. I realised that if I sold these saws to anybody bar my worst enemy I'd have trouble sleeping. They come with a free bar mounted 12v grinder too which is just as crappy...

290620111334.jpg

290620111328.jpg

45cc...

290620111338.jpg

290620111336.jpg

290620111340.jpg

Awesome filter too if you want to stop nothing but rocks...

290620111339.jpg

290620111337.jpg

290620111335.jpg

More pics. Both saws were as rich as all sh*t which is typical of the Chinese saws I've seen. They have no idea how to tune a saw. I tried to tune the 62cc saw and the carby adjustments were all over the shop. Nothing was linear. I gave up and set it hell rich again. More bar oil was pis*ing out the top of the clutch cover than actually going on the bar. Nasty nasty pieces of equipment. Even the Chinese Stihl knock offs I had weren't this bad.

The 45cc is $249 and the 62cc saw is $399 with free bar mounted grinder.

290620111329.jpg

290620111332.jpg

62cc...

290620111341.jpg

Fuel tank site glass on the bottom!

290620111333.jpg

290620111325.jpg

290620111326.jpg

Note the adjustable oiler on top! An adjusting shaft runs down the side of the cylinder to the oiler...

290620111331.jpg

The 45cc version came with the .325" Oregon BPX chain and the 62cc version came with A1-LM Bumper Link chain. Both chains full chisel and .050" which is unusual here in Oz. The plastic fit is a shocker.

If they look that cheap in pictures, I can't imagine what they look like in the flesh. Hey, that 62cc model has a unique feature, an anti-icing hot air intake for year around use. That feature has never been tried in Australia as far as I know.

Wear full PPE when starting.

Yeah they're bad guys and even worse in the flesh. They do have a lot of aluminium on them but that ain't gonna save their arse.

I can see it now...

"Hello sir can I help you?"

"Why yes, I'd like to enquire about the Hyundai Professional range of chainsaws in the Landmark catalogue".

"Oh..."

"Are they any good?"

"Um..."

"You're not very convincing?"

"Well..."

"So do you think I should buy one?"

"Sir, I really think you should come and look at our wide range of Japanese made hand pruning saws..."

I'm the agronomist at this store but even with only 8 saws in stock if we sell them I can see me becoming a full time service agent instead.

They're being imported by this mob...

http://www.wtd.com.au/

Latest posts

Back