the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can try that but not sure what can where out in it plus its pitted around the housing very bad, so would say its dew for a new one
yeah not bad, looks Am, I have no idea of quality? Also try Ebay.com.au

Yours just might need a good clean. I would pull it apart before spending $$$.

a62064b18f6800ef23a55261e47ca314.jpg
......and ample oil supply after knocking the pin in. Did that before even before running it..........:)

Did you buy an imported one from the USA Benne?

Took the 61 out today and ran it in on 5 trees ,ran well but had to retune it after the second one, wasnt happy with the oiler set to 2 so turned it to 4 but still not oiling properly as the bar was getting hot on a 10'' log, this is running the 16'' bar, the filter and hose is clean so i would say its the pump, thought just buy a new one instead of trying to fix it
so wheres the best place to buy a new pump from
Regards Peter

Did you take the bar off and spin it up to see if it was still squirting? Might just need a good clean

Bennie, had a play with the 661 over the weekend ( along with postrip) first off, bout time still put a decent av system one their saw. The new spring system does feel good and is smoother to run than the old 066/660's, I have issues with the old system knocking my hands around.

Shouldn't loose the bar nuts anymore :laugh: though it will jack up the price on clutch covers:cry:

The new switch system is, well, ya it works and it not bad once you get used to it I guess.

Like postrip said the bloody thing is quiet, almost too quiet, I have issues with these new quieter saws and driving a skidder, very difficult at times picking up where the cutter is in the bush working.

I would like to put a duel port 660 muffler on it to see how it performs and see what the computer feels about it but it is not mine and is a no no at this stage.

only used the saw for sizing up and squaring up speed block ends so far, will give it a proper go this week out bush and work it like we do all the other saws.

Will

could i put air down the oil hole if the oil cap it taken off, would that clean it out if theres crap there

That's what I did once and I didn't damage anything.....take the filter off the oil pick up (where fitted) and give it a clean too before you blow your air through it.

Played with Benny's 661 today. Bloody nice saw. Very smooth and quiet with ample torque. HD2 filtration excellent and as always the stock spikes seem to bite in at any angle.
Then decide to take him out shooting and look what he does to himself :)

That's what happens when you creep up on the scope with a .25/06 :D Thank Christ it wasn't a .338 or something as it would have done the full scone cutter job on his forehead! Heh heh.

Played with Benny's 661 today. Bloody nice saw. Very smooth and quiet with ample torque. HD2 filtration excellent and as always the stock spikes seem to bite in at any angle.

That's what happens when you creep up on the scope with a .25/06 :D Thank Christ it wasn't a .338 or something as it would have done the full scone cutter job on his forehead! Heh heh.
Matt, you should have known better than to give a "Stihl" guy something with more power!!!
Different colour or calibre it doesn't matter.... Call the medics!!!;);)

ouchy never mind chicks dig kool scars so whens benn'e birthday due

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rifle-sc...62?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item4ae62e7c4e

ouchy never mind chicks dig kool scars so whens benn'e birthday due

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rifle-sc...62?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item4ae62e7c4e

In Benny's defence he'd never shot that rifle before and it was dark. Probably a bit hard to set proper eye relief in the dark on an unfamiliar rifle. He's not the first guy to cop the old "Weatherby Eyebrow" on my .25/06's. One of my mates did a ripper job on his buck's show and all his wedding photos show a half moon split between his eyes :) His missus went off her nut at me.

In Benny's defence he'd never shot that rifle before and it was dark. Probably a bit hard to set proper eye relief in the dark on an unfamiliar rifle. He's not the first guy to cop the old "Weatherby Eyebrow" on my .25/06's. One of my mates did a ripper job on his buck's show and all his wedding photos show a half moon split between his eyes :) His missus went off her nut at me.
Lol, I think we've all had a scope incident at some stage!
My missus reckons she'd have blackened both my eyes, if I mucked up our wedding day..... Yes dearest!!

Lol, I think we've all had a scope incident at some stage!
My missus reckons she'd have blackened both my eyes, if I mucked up our wedding day..... Yes dearest!!

I remember as a kid when I was showing off to a mate with a tiny little air rifle I had. I decided to show how tough I was by putting the butt against my forehead and pulling the trigger. Bloody near knocked me out. My mate still laughs about it. I was only about 5 years old. My uncle bought it for me on my 4th birthday.

CLASSIC

That's what happens when you creep up on the scope with a .25/06 :D
Oooooh the old weatherby eyebrow,,,,, seen a few of those in my time. Funny thing the guys I know all got them from a certain 7mm remington magnum off the bench. It was good to watch the flame and all the grass lay over out in front, and it was a very nice set up. No not mine, it was too expencive for me.

Happy birthday Matt the 1st hope you have a top day [emoji106][emoji482][emoji322]

Thanks mate. Couple of days to go though :) Just out fishing again with Benny. The bastards brought his own rod this time. I'm not letting him out fish me with mine again!

happy birthday MCW

the budda says life is suffering, the cause of suffering is desire when desire is overcome, there is no more suffering...... but aww big envy one day i'm gonna be rich enuff for 10k rig like this, the scope smitty bender wos amazin so clear and close

View attachment 410117

Thanks. What calibre is the rifle?

Latest posts

Back