the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i gather the bar leaning up against the corner of the bench go's with that chain

Yeah it goes with a 60" roller nose GB :)

well looks like carlton 3/8 & .404 chizle skip tooth is back on the market in oz but no semi

Actually as far as I was aware Jakmax still had plenty of full chisel skip stock. It was the semi they ran out of. I've got near 100' of A3-LM skip here. Normally when I'm running long enough bars to warrant skip it's not in clean enough wood to run full chisel :(

Last edited:
Not sure if you saw the news on TV about it but one of the women there said "You don't try to rumble with a guy holding a chainsaw". I took that to mean that the unarmed guy thought he had good odds against the chainsaw guy. Looks like he was wrong as the only thing holding the guys arm on was the bone apparently. It was completely ringbarked.

Does anyone know what size saw it was? I would of thought that enless it was tiny or the man was huge you would be pretty slow wealding a chainsaw.

Does anyone know what size saw it was? I would of thought that enless it was tiny or the man was huge you would be pretty slow wealding a chainsaw.

I was thinking the same thing... maybe it was an ms200t, snappy throttle and nicely balanced :rolleyes2:

Looks like he was wrong as the only thing holding the guys arm on was the bone apparently. It was completely ringbarked.

must have been useing safty chain LOL now if he did it with .404 he would have droped it in one even swing:waaaht:

Oil

I have been using Stihl oil in all my saws, 50:1 for the 066 and 034, 25:1 for the rest,
been wanting to go to 25:1 for all, had a talk to me Stihl dealer today about it, he said
go move but not with Stihl Oil, he said too heavy a concintrate for 25:1,
he gave me some oil its Fuchs, Titan twin 2 stroke, semi synthetic, has anyone used
this? feedback please,
my Dad came into my shed tonight and saw the Fuchs oil and said he had been using it for
18 months and all good,
what do you think about all at 25:1?

the Stihl dealer said he had a few saw come in over time all gummed up by using Stihl
oil at 25:1

BTY is Stihl oil a full synthetic?

BTY i am using 91 ron standard unleaded

semi synthetic? would that be 1% synthetic & 99% mineral?, stihl oil is mineral oil made by Castrol.
I use Jakmax full synthetic made by Alco in the US (it's also cheaper than stihl oil), 50:1 for all my saws 50 or 5 years old.
I would have thought a 25:1 mix would create more carbon build up which could damage engines, I've had plenty of old saws with half blocked exhaust ports from
using the old oils at 25:1.

got me beat why any one would use 25:1 unless you found some oil from 30+ years ago:confuse:

I have been using Stihl oil in all my saws, 50:1 for the 066 and 034, 25:1 for the rest,
been wanting to go to 25:1 for all, had a talk to me Stihl dealer today about it, he said
go move but not with Stihl Oil, he said too heavy a concintrate for 25:1,
he gave me some oil its Fuchs, Titan twin 2 stroke, semi synthetic, has anyone used
this? feedback please,
my Dad came into my shed tonight and saw the Fuchs oil and said he had been using it for
18 months and all good,
what do you think about all at 25:1?

the Stihl dealer said he had a few saw come in over time all gummed up by using Stihl
oil at 25:1

BTY is Stihl oil a full synthetic?

BTY i am using 91 ron standard unleaded

As gmax said Stihl oil (blue stuff in ozz) is mineral oil made by Castrol,and in my thinking is crap.:msp_thumbdn:

Find a well known brand fully synthetic that is designed for air cooled 2 stroke.

I use Mobil 1 Racing 2T with 95 oct at 40:1 :msp_smile:

Whats the go with Castrol Power 1TTS guys? fully synthetic and stinks apparently :hmm3grin2orange: any good or bad reports? I never here anyone recommend Husky HP oil either,part synthetic and only FB rated.Any thoughts?

Whats the go with Castrol Power 1TTS guys? fully synthetic and stinks apparently :hmm3grin2orange: any good or bad reports? I never here anyone recommend Husky HP oil either,part synthetic and only FB rated.Any thoughts?

i just took andrews advice got me some mobil 2t it smells good and don't sting the eyes cheers

Latest posts

Back