the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found this tonight going through some footage,, thought it may interest some of you chaps.
A certain camera lady getting into me for little saw dust in her general direction,,, its a tough job being in the arena some times and these video girls do a top job trying to pic winners and place getters (and seldom ever get any thanks for it). I'm sure Donna will get me back some day when the ladies are having a run.
This was a heat, but it had some pace tho.

She is starting to get some payback Neil, she had a go in the under 100 modified speed with us blokes this past weekend at Kilcoy, and she made the final against some top cutters.

BTW, she got second place in the final :surprised3:

Thank goodness her husband placed 1st or he would never hear the end of it :ices_rofl:

DSC00850 (640x480).jpg

NSW men you got your saws and insurance sorted and good to go up there

Saw insurance is not my immediate concern today Derwoodii, I will be testing my work insurance soonest.
We coped a nasty bit of work and our farm. 10 inches plus in 5 hours last night which caused a major flash flood and decimated my mill site. between 4 and 5 foot through the mill sheds swamping all engines with water. Floated most of the sawn packs away and moved saw logs ect. All sawn packs not strapped were just strewn everywhere the water took them.
We left the farm tonight as its is hitting again, hopefully not as bad or ferocious. Above a sample of the mess to sort out, nothing like this has happened to me before, however Dungog not far away has lost houses and 3 killed so far so I should be thankful I guess.

Hi gents. Haven't been on for a bit. AS was playing up and then something bloody shat itself with my password. Joyous :) Also been absolutely flat **** at work and it's been insane. Too much on the go. Also lent my wood splitter to my new neighbor last week and he absolutely destroyed it. Took me half of Sunday to fix it. On the return stroke it has a pressure cut out once the ram has returned. Somehow he's jammed a piece of wood between the head and the motor then hung off the lever on the return stroke. Therefore 40 tonne was laid onto the motor fuel tank. Busted the engine mounts, bent the crap out of everything, and twisted the top H beam that the ram is mounted too straight off the chassis busting a heap of mounts there too. Amazing stuff - some people have an ability to wreck things way beyond what most people would deem possible :( He's a nice old bloke though and was very apologetic.
Derwoodi - regarding those split necks welcome to the new age of Winchester brass. Darren is right and there have been shitloads of complaints about newer Winchester brass splitting on reloading forums etc. I've got thousands of older Winchester brass that I reload and I have no complaints but the newer stuff has gone to the pack.

View attachment 420356

Saw insurance is not my immediate concern today Derwoodii, I will be testing my work insurance soonest.
We coped a nasty bit of work and our farm. 10 inches plus in 5 hours last night which caused a major flash flood and decimated my mill site. between 4 and 5 foot through the mill sheds swamping all engines with water. Floated most of the sawn packs away and moved saw logs ect. All sawn packs not strapped were just strewn everywhere the water took them.
We left the farm tonight as its is hitting again, hopefully not as bad or ferocious. Above a sample of the mess to sort out, nothing like this has happened to me before, however Dungog not far away has lost houses and 3 killed so far so I should be thankful I guess.

Holy crap Neil! Mate if you need a hand yell out. I'll head up early next week if that's not too late. I'm owed some days off and more than happy to pitch in if I can be of any help at all.

View attachment 420356

seen some on the news up here, didnt realise it was that bad, hope every thing gets sorted out soon for you

Thank you gentlemen, I will see what today brings.
1st thing today is removing the injectors from one of the Mahoe engines so I can get the water off the top of the pistons, hopefully it will fire after that but the turbo has been filled with water for 24 hours now so it can't be good. I still have a Lister powered gen set also swamped, i'm worried the armature will be full of silt and debris and may be stuffed even if I can get the diesel going.

So far we have got the bench motor re started (sump full of water) and the 4x4 tractor and 1 of the Mahoe engines.
No phone service or power down there which makes life hard to get anything organised with the broker ect.

The long task of gathering up all the sawn timber will take months i'm guessing, some will be lost for good, I had about 3 semi trailer loads of fire wood and a good half has washed away, but a lot has got caught in fence lines and the bush itself.

View attachment 420356

Hope things turn out well for you Neil. De-watering engines and gearboxes can be a slow and tedious process. Watch out for electrical hazards also....so much to look out for...

Good luck.

Hope things turn out well for you Neil. De-watering engines and gearboxes can be a slow and tedious process. Watch out for electrical hazards also....so much to look out for...

Good luck.

Things are moveing on today, I removed the glow plugs on one of the Mahoe engines and got the water and oil off the top of the pistons, fitted everything back up and she fired, thank god. So 2 more engines to go and they are all back running. My insurance won't cover loss of income or product or will it assist me in hireing help for the clean up, it will cover me for replacement parts and repair to the machines if its required to get them running again.
For me its best to get on with it and clean up and salvage all I can then get back to sawing wood, both river and creek running through the farm are getting back to bank level.
A couple more taken later yesterday as it was receding exposing more carnage.

DSC00854 (640x480) - Copy.jpg DSC00856 (640x480) - Copy.jpg

Note, I have received a lot of calls from the Timber Industry, saw racing competitors from 2 states, and on forum such as this AS dribble thread in which it is greatly appreciated.
Support from neibours here who have their own problems to deal with (cattle and fences)have been terrific also.
Again thanks gents for your support and Matt especially for offering to come up, (thanks but its too far for you to come) but the offer has not gone un noticed.

Matt especially for offering to come up, (thanks but its too far for you to come) but the offer has not gone un noticed.

No it's not too far mate as have work ute and work diesel :) I have no problem coming up so let me know if I can be of any help at all.

Latest posts

Back