the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You sure? I was certain Stihl had issues with some of the HD2's unless it was limited to US delivered saws only? It was to do with the epoxy breaking from memory.
Haven't heard anything along those lines come through. Haven't had any issues with any here yet from what I've experienced

Righto fellas, here's a potentially contentious musing, one most likely as stupid as a fence post.

If a reckless desperado hell-bent on legally parallel importing Stihl product into NZ and wholesaling it to a network of independant small engine shops themselves utterly aware of their obligations under our current trading rules surrounding parallel imported product, actually manged to get the first shipment through and onto the shelves of said retailers, how long would it take Stihl to plug the leak? Would a second and third shipment need to be on the water before the first one landed?

:D

There are retailers in OZ selling US Stihl equipment (import by the container load) so it must be possible, just depends on NZ trade laws I guess. They may be stricter to protect local businesses. Can't hurt asking the questions over there though. You just need to make the customer aware that you are not affiliated with Stihl NZ and that only you can take care of the warranty claims etc.

The HD2 filters suck. The MS661's are gay too. Gutless things that they are :)

Are you on the turps again Matt?

I've dropped the 461 off today at the dealer I bought it from and when a mechanic shows his head there they will have a look at it and give me a ring.....I suspect the black plastic knob may have just come lose or possibly the not sealing when done up.....the saw hasn't taken any knocks or been mistreated in any way so lets see what happens......

My ported 7900 is the same. 210psi locks things up pretty well without the decomp :)

Wow Matt, that's a huge saw,,,,, my biggest is an 090av and you have a 210psi,,,,more than twice as big, who makes them ???. I would need 2 decomp buttons to turn it over with both feet on top.

Back