the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
todays handiwork, dressed up this slab to become a coffee table top. freehanded it myself about 18 months ago up near jamieson vic with my makita. finished up about 1800L 650w on the wide side(which will face up) 500 on the skinny side(facing down) and about 65mm thick as pictured

11403165_10153437734401133_4800142639508951590_n.jpg

Thinking out aloud "if there going to change levers to cat c do I go buy up all the lever actions I can, waiting for another buy back scheme" mmmm another home insulation fiasco I see coming

Thinking out aloud "if there going to change levers to cat c do I go buy up all the lever actions I can, waiting for another buy back scheme" mmmm another home insulation fiasco I see coming

I can't see this **** getting any serious traction I thing the government has bigger fish to fry then worry about a hand full of lever shoties

What is a reasonable rate to charge cutting for firewood, cutting with 660 & diy Carlton loops20,24,32bars or the 84dl RD3. In regards to saw wear and tear.

Should I go by tank or hour, sharpen on site or use spare chain

l have put a ad gumtree and had a response already. And the pics Jon pretty dry sh$t. I did read a bit in the business threads here but that's mostly USA wood/conditions
Thanks a heap guys

Sent from my ST21a2 using Tapatalk

What is a reasonable rate to charge cutting for firewood, cutting with 660 & diy Carlton loops20,24,32bars or the 84dl RD3. In regards to saw wear and tear.

l have put a ad gumtree and had a response already. And the pics Jon pretty dry sh$t. I did read a bit in the business threads here but that's mostly USA wood/conditions
Thanks a heap guys

When I quote a tree removal job I calculate wear and tear and running costs just on my saw at around $40/hr. This rate covers me for fuel, 2t oil, bar oil, chain sharpening, wear and tear to the powerhead and bar. To that I add an hourly rate for the type of labor and amount required. I then add other equipment as required at a day rate. To that I add a % for margin and this is calculated on a sliding scale dependent on perceived risk. I am about the same price as 2 other companies down this way and 10-15% cheaper than the biggest one, some of the time.

To give you an idea of what people have been bringing in. This guy broke the stop switch spring in his 023. He'd been stopping it by shorting two wires out...

Benny has got me a new one but haven't caught up with him yet to grab it.

Zoe getting bigger too. Here she is with Tracy helping me monitor insect pests in citrus orchards. Wearing her crown she made at childcare of course and with melted Cherry Ripe around her mouth!

And a fox I drilled last weekend with the .222 - it's about the only rifle I own at the moment that doesn't need a new barrel. My .22/250AI burnt it's barrel out and is in getting a new one as we speak and my T3 Tikka in .25/06 is on its last legs with visible throat erosion. Still shooting under an inch but getting worse by the day. My old Rem 700 is still in the process of being built into a .280AI.

Tracy and Zoe look great Matt you have a lovely family:rock2:

MCW think you SA mob finally got some rains back a few days hows the soil moisture and crops sprouting 6oclock news said a few word but no details

I actually felt need to water some trees to keep earth moist even deep into June as been cold damp melb metro but not really deep rains my patch

In our area mate we need rain pretty soon. Air and soil temps are pretty cold though so not much growth/evaporation anyway but rain would be nice. We got buggar all out of the last lot.

Thanks a heap guys

Don't underestimate saw running costs plus the cost of consumables as Chippy said. If using RD3 you only have to hit one hard thing and bang there goes a $200 chain. Personally I aim for at least $50/hour but that's marginal and also variable. You walk away from some jobs up and others you lose out on. The biggest thing you need to work out is what will the market bare? Nobody will pay big bucks if they don't know what you can knock up in an hour. I'm lucky where I am as I've been around for a while and have a good reputation via word of mouth. Not to mention that the average saw here is an MS230/250 with a toasted 16" bar and blunt chain. Not hard to look fast against those saws :)
Just remember that a 660 getting worked hard will probably use up to $50-60 of fuel and bar oil in a day.

Back