the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7600 to match your 7615! [emoji2]

would'a few years back but i grown weary of the pumpy its still fun but nows not for another one,,, i'm gonna use the clubs 308's for while see if grow to like and school up my reload a ruger RSI no1 in 308 be nicer at the range but rocking horse rare

Also thinking of a 28" bar for my 2 rd3 loops is GB up and running locally again say a post a few pages back or a Tsumura from MCW/ eBay @ circa $175
They have got dribs and drabs of there pro tops available. They tried to replace them with there forest king/ Oregon single rivet replaceable nose style bar but didn't catch on I don't think so they've started to make there pro tops again and look to be exporting to USA again. Left coast supplies are selling the... Mind you for less then what I can get them for as a dealer

Had a hard afternoon cutting mountain ash/tas oak/whatever you want to call it....nice big tall straight as till the crown...Beautiful tight grained timber full of pinks and reds.....after 5 hours felling and logging em up started getting tired and was letting the saw twist in the cut...sure enough she started smoking pretty bad off the bar and the tip of the bar would twist in the cut....Lucky I had the 029 to finish it off....bit of work to do this weekend making this sharp and shiny again
20150806_212100.jpg 20150806_212050.jpg

Had a hard afternoon cutting mountain ash/tas oak/whatever you want to call it....nice big tall straight as till the crown...Beautiful tight grained timber full of pinks and reds.....after 5 hours felling and logging em up started getting tired and was letting the saw twist in the cut...sure enough she started smoking pretty bad off the bar and the tip of the bar would twist in the cut....Lucky I had the 029 to finish it off....bit of work to do this weekend making this sharp and shiny again
View attachment 439627 View attachment 439628
looks like you burnt your way through, bit of work alright

looks like you burnt your way through, bit of work alright

Yeah...last cut I managed to finish with it though not an ounce of black on the face of the timber....bit surprised there wasn't. .The timber was felled today so very wet....gunks up the chain as can be seen and really loads up the saw...gotta take it pretty easy

that looks about as blunt as it can get before the back of the axe would be quicker. LOL
thansk

I had a similar looking bar and chain once and the shop put me onto Stihl cleaner. Varioclean I think it's called. Worked bloody brilliantly. Resolved the resin. Mine was worse. Covered in sap. Took a few applications.

I had a similar looking bar and chain once and the shop put me onto Stihl cleaner. Variclean I think it's called. Worked bloody brilliantly. Resolved the resin. Mine was worse. Covered in sap. Took a few applications.

I found pine works good to, a few minutes in a log and a gunked up chain looks like new. Would be nice (and easy) if I only cut pine lol.

Back