the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1800 each? Tell him he's dreaming. Can get em cheaper new.

I have some cypress out the back I'll put it through.....and will let it soak in petrol for a day or so if the pine doesn't clean it....

That chain went from razor sharp to dull as on one side in only 2 or 3 cuts cause I got tired and let it twist in the cut.....or I twisted cause I was exhausted....not sure...but my fault...

chippy, get a carlton file o plate & file your depth gauges, those look really high and look like it would only produce powder instead of nice chips.
thansk

Well picked. It was a new chain that had been hand filed maybe 3 or 4 times...I hadn't touched the rakers on that one at all and I noticed that straight away today....it was producing nice chips but didn't pull itself into the cut the way I like.... I normally take an extra mill off of the rakers but forgot to do this one

Yeah...last cut I managed to finish with it though not an ounce of black on the face of the timber....bit surprised there wasn't. .The timber was felled today so very wet....gunks up the chain as can be seen and really loads up the saw...gotta take it pretty easy
BobL told me to put a bit of diesel in the aux oiler on the mill to help with the pitch?? Would that help/be applicable too your situation :)

Thanks mate

They have got dribs and drabs of there pro tops available. They tried to replace them with there forest king/ Oregon single rivet replaceable nose style bar but didn't catch on I don't think so they've started to make there pro tops again and look to be exporting to USA again. Left coast supplies are selling the... Mind you for less then what I can get them for as a dealer

BobL told me to put a bit of diesel in the aux oiler on the mill to help with the pitch?? Would that help/be applicable too your situation :)

It might...but I'm using the thin stihl bar oil......thinking of changing to the valvoline stuff Supercheap have on sale for 16 bucks for 5 litres....under half the price and should do a better job

i got me some 308 win cases primers and projectiles and the reload dies n bits bobs are on their way from clevers now what 308 should i get

I do like this its new on US market, but unlikely to get to OZ if at all for some while

i wouldn'd bother with the ruger D i would put one of these

http://www.osaaustralia.com.au/prod...tical/howa-barrelled-action-308-varmint-blue/

in one of these

http://www.xlrindustries.com/Inlets2.html

and you get one of these (well it's a rem but you get the idea)

http://i55.tinypic.com/1zyx5ht.jpg

Edit: Haha got me would that really work though. Old skool is 30wt that's 15
I bought 6 of them plus 20ltrs of the Penrite diesel oil, $4.40/ltr which is a good price

It's 15-40 from memory....if it needs to be around 30 I'm guessing it should be okay...can always add a drop of diesel to thin it out a fraction....and I could sell the firewood for more cause it will burn better

I have small container of diesel and tip a bit in then top off with bar oil no set amount really

What bar oil are you using? $8 bucks a ltr is what I'm paying for the Stihl thin stuff but I'm having trouble reconciling that against under $3 a ltr for the Valvoline motor oil.

The 'Ol dribble thread is rather quiet lately!
Everyone must be out hunting wascally wabbitts....... Or maybe controlling the feral cat population.

Me....... I'm just working hard to stay in front of the escalating living costs, imposed on us by our local councils & and government a$&holes!

I'm on forced holidays cause work has Been so quiet so just been catching up on **** around the house next week I'm going to give some saws a run

i got a 20 litre drum of the stihl stuff last week and 6 bucks a litre.

What I don't understand Vince is bar oil is not produced to anywhere near the same standards as engine oil, doesn't offer anywhere near the specification of motor oil but costs more than twice as much...

A motor oil has to provide better protection in every way I think.

What I don't understand Vince is bar oil is not produced to anywhere near the same standards as engine oil, doesn't offer anywhere near the specification of motor oil but costs more than twice as much...

A motor oil has to provide better protection in every way I think.
yep
well i reckon its a volume thing and maybe a bit of " what are ppl prepared to pay" thing too.

I'm going to drop into Supercheap again today and buy more of that stuff.....can use it in every motor I own from ride on mower to the Landcruiser and it works out damn cheap and awesome bar oil.

Latest posts

Back