the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to work now.......................in the Hilux, (dare I say it lol) :innocent:

been doing this every winter about 100 times in me OLD 2.4 for 8 years and it's got 542000 on the clock and still gets 9.5 k a lt and it can still pass another car at 115ks hehe

everyone says they have a good Ute but me being me i say you can't say that until you have 500k+ on the clock and when you look under this old hill detecter you can see why

all the new **** keeps breaking stuff and needs 20+k spent on them to be bush ready.

just my opinion cheers D

DSCF3401 (Custom).JPG

DSCF3402 (Custom).JPG

The V8 diesel LC's are really fuel hungry beasts. Extremely so. They seam to be better than the 100 series they replaced in pretty much every way except on the economy side from what Ive been hearing..there were a few problems with the early 4.5 engines but I think they'd have that sorted by now, but I am not up to date with that.

As far as unbreakable drive trains go the LC200 would have to be bullet proof...and Im yet to hear any problems with the suspension, but pretty much everyone I know with one has tossed the standard suspension and fitted after market. The entire drive train was beefed up for the 200 series, substantially.

The 100series 4.2TD is tried and tested and will be a hard engine to beat for longevity, fuel consumption and just a great all round work horse..this is the first 4x4 I have owned with an auto and it was the best decision I made...it kills a manual in every situation. the only time a manual is better is if you have to rock it out of a bog......bit tricky with an auto, but hey....thats not much to sacrifice.....great work horse those 5 speed autos, as long as you are not an idiot with them and try and roast the oil in them towing 4 ton up a 45 deg incline over erosion mounds in high will do that to the oil, in low it will do anything asked of it and wont skip a beat.

Nothing wrong with that saw Jason, it is cracking along just fine. Now I need to get this one up to scratch myself since I finally joined the 090 owners club .
87561d5e9f7035eed3418f133af05e3b.jpg

been doing this every winter about 100 times in me OLD 2.4 for 8 years and it's got 542000 on the clock and still gets 9.5 k a lt and it can still pass another car at 115ks hehe

everyone says they have a good Ute but me being me i say you can't say that until you have 500k+ on the clock and when you look under this old hill detecter you can see why

all the new **** keeps breaking stuff and needs 20+k spent on them to be bush ready.

just my opinion cheers D

View attachment 443904

View attachment 443905
I'm on my 3rd. Had an 83, 85 and now a 99. Had 2.2, 2.4, 2.8 and 3.0 engines with and without turbos in them over the years. I could rebuild any of them in my sleep I reckon, mainly due to fitting turbos to 300,000km plus motors. Never had any driveline problems touch wood, only engines but that was mainly my fault. Only thing the current one could do with is an 80 series solid axle front conversion which I wouldn't hesitate to do if engineering wasn't so expensive. It's slow as a wet week but I'd jump in it tomorrow and drive it across australia and it's got 280,000 on the clock. 3.0 non turbo. [emoji2]
ec6cd670088318032d0f9dd97672a9f9.jpg

Been looking into cordless sets.
What are the odds the farce is strong in this seller?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181851298629?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Yes Luke, the farce is strong in that one.

I've got a Hitachi set up....18v 5ampH slide kit.......pretty much all cordless are made in China now and they're pretty cheap crap Inc the Milwaukee .....the Hitachi are Japanese made and I'm on my second set in 10 years. ...and its the batteries that go...the tools just keep going and I use them almost daily.

You can repack the batteries easily but you should use a TIG welder and not solder...

Yes Luke, the farce is strong in that one.

I've got a Hitachi set up....18v 5ampH slide kit.......pretty much all cordless are made in China now and they're pretty cheap crap Inc the Milwaukee .....the Hitachi are Japanese made and I'm on my second set in 10 years. ...and its the batteries that go...the tools just keep going and I use them almost daily.

You can repack the batteries easily but you should use a TIG welder and not solder...

If you want quality, try Metabo, I use their 18 volt gear at work and it's awesome. All made in Germany too.

The old "blow backwards through the oiler" didn't sort it?

Going to have a proper look at it tomorrow and recheck everything, with no bar on it, nothing comes out the hole. Managed to find a workshop manual online for the 555/556/560/562 so that'll be a great help if it has to come apart. I cracked the ***** this arvo and decided to do some plinking with the .22 instead.

Latest posts

Back