the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to have a proper look at it tomorrow and recheck everything, with no bar on it, nothing comes out the hole. Managed to find a workshop manual online for the 555/556/560/562 so that'll be a great help if it has to come apart. I cracked the ***** this arvo and decided to do some plinking with the .22 instead.
How's the property goin mate, you getting a bit done?

I've had quite a few hiluxes as company work vehicles, for the old models, I'd hate to drive one more than a few hours with my back the way it is. They are a great little vehicle within reason, a friend of mine folded one in two towing a boat on a rough road.
Thansk

Just wondering if some one could explain what ' AIR INJECTED IS' please compared to a std saw
It means the air for the air box is taken from the flywheel fan housing, so it's pressure injected into the air box which give a performance increase, also the intake of this system is close to the fan blades which acts like a cyclone & separates the heavier material to the outside of the fan housing leaving cleaner air being forced into the air box.
Thansk

Good info re the Stihl661 gents, thanks.
AJ known to you R661, he/she seems a little confused......at times anyway, lol on some issues yes, others no.
I like the sense of humour he/she has, err Dave has, or Davina or whatever.........

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/038av-super-age.284851/#post-5512274

edit...And his favourite TV show is KINGSWOOD COUNTRY, wonder if it's Ted Bullpit trying to fly under the radar.

It means the air for the air box is taken from the flywheel fan housing, so it's pressure injected into the air box which give a performance increase, also the intake of this system is close to the fan blades which acts like a cyclone & separates the heavier material to the outside of the fan housing leaving cleaner air being forced into the air box.
Thansk
Thanks for that, you explained it well

If you want quality, try Metabo, I use their 18 volt gear at work and it's awesome. All made in Germany too.

They make good mains power drills too. A few guys I work with use em and they swear by them too.

With the cordless I had the Panasonic before the Hitachi and they were great. Might have been the first cordless drills available in Aus.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=321842168495

Remington bantam geardrive! Anyone know the story behind these.
Well I'm glad I clicked on the link because that Remington and the yellow solo chainsaw in the back ground of some of the pictures use to belong to my dad and grandad until last Saturday when we had our clearing sale. I asked my dad about the Remington and he said that he remembers that it ran really rough and didn't start well so it didn't get used that much. The solo was still being used until about thirteen years ago when my dad bought a new husky 372xp which we have since upgraded to a 576xp auto tune. The Remington has had a loot of layers of dust cleaned off it since last Saturday I can tell you [emoji23][emoji23] I hope someone gets it and puts it on their wall in their man cave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well I'm glad I clicked on the link because that Remington and the yellow solo chainsaw in the back ground of some of the pictures use to belong to my dad and grandad until last Saturday when we had our clearing sale. I asked my dad about the Remington and he said that he remembers that it ran really rough and didn't start well so it didn't get used that much. The solo was still being used until about thirteen years ago when my dad bought a new husky 372xp which we have since upgraded to a 576xp auto tune. The Remington has had a loot of layers of dust cleaned off it since last Saturday I can tell you [emoji23][emoji23] I hope someone gets it and puts it on their wall in their man cave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So this guy's is asking $3150 for both......seems um mm a bit steep and I'm sure he would never had paid that for them.....100 bucks each I'm guessing

Latest posts

Back