the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I rubbed a wee bit of fore stock away and with only 5 shots it seemed to be improved, nice tight group no seen stringing. I will need to set at my own bush range to be sure as at the club the holes are not easily check able. I never got to shoot 300 yards as the even with crap weather a high number of members turned out. I wanted to get off early to see Bombers v swans kick 1 goal 13 points by half time :msp_mad: then a amazing 47 points down to kick back into the game loose by 4 points after the siren.

yes the Bombers should have won that, it was like someone flicked the swich:msp_confused: too many points, they need to pick up a good forward from somwhere, too many guys just banging it in without lineing up.

A lot of US made rifles seemed to use upward pressure at the fore-end to supposedly dampen barrel vibrations with long, whippy barrels, but reading what the benchresters did, (admittedly with short tractor axles) my old rule of thumb was to relieve the barrel channel enough to be able to slip a business card, or at least a reasonable thickness of paper all the way back to the receiver/front lug.

the reason they do it is to offset crapy bedding
thats why remington do it

Last edited:
any of you guys had to work on a sincro gen /welder,i got one thats been spot on for nearly ten years but the other day while using it to power the house the motor fluctuated a few times then no power,have checked the obvious but still nothing ,any ideas would be good

How big a genny is. If it's a smaller briggs powered type check the capacitor under the end cover these can be a problem otherwise check for burnt windings

Go with ya gut

here's the thing had some trouble with me ms260 the other day dam thing would not idle properly and when it did
all you had to do was pick it up and pffT it would cut out. (yeah i know air leak) any way me being the big X spurt (you know X being an unknown factor and the spurt a drop under presure) said to myself nah carn't be a air leak got it new and the saw has only got 31 hours on it, well i tuned it just about every way you can think of probably even invented
some too.
so saterday night i made my mind up i was gunna fix it , so sunday got all the relevant tools out and was going to
pull the carby of it and give it a good clean and what not .
any way took the air filter and top cover off and was getting started when i noticed the meatal hose clamp on the carby intake boot
had rotated around a bit mmmm turned it back and yep lose so tightened it up and then took the front of the muffler of for a look all good put it all back together and hey presto after a tune up
away she went cut .25 of meter in the back yard and never missed a beat so the moral of the story
GO WITH YA GUT
cheers :bang::bang::bang:

How big a genny is. If it's a smaller briggs powered type check the capacitor under the end cover these can be a problem otherwise check for burnt windings

thanks NathanA,yeah mate its 7kva, done a visual of the windings and diodes ect ect,i lifted the lid and found the capacitor as you said ,i never even thought to look for one ,just my luck ,its bulging and out of round and my multimeter does'nt read micro farads,so i cant check it ,looks like some phone calls are in order........................

the reason they do it is to offset crapy bedding
thats why remington do it

Its not just remington,nearly every standard sporter i seen or shot is like that,remington,winchester,weatherby,parkerhale,ruger,sako..................................................................

thanks NathanA,yeah mate its 7kva, done a visual of the windings and diodes ect ect,i lifted the lid and found the capacitor as you said ,i never even thought to look for one ,just my luck ,its bulging and out of round and my multimeter does'nt read micro farads,so i cant check it ,looks like some phone calls are in order........................

If you have an analogue meter you can check to see if the cap is holding and discharging, but if it's bulging and looks like it's ruptured....(or about too) just replace it.

One of my meter's is a lower end Fluke that has capacitance and it's been very handy, I've found quite a few caps over the years (all Chinese) that are down in value but not totally gone and yet look OK externally.
On a PSC motor anything down in value and the motor will stall at start up and trip an overload.

I own a 7.5kva mcfadden generator, driven by a lister diesel, its a beauty. It was a backup / emergency gen for a co / op over at kempsey, but it used to spike and bugger up some of their fridges and stuff i beleive so they got rid of it. I bought it from a hydraulic mate who sent it to 2 electricians and try sort out and failed, eventualy it sat on his workshop floor getting in the road when i saw it one day, he said i could have it for the motor as the rest was shot. I said ok as it would be handy, but asked if the local north coast electric motor repairers had seen it, he said no just 2 electricans. I rang the i guy i know (from kempsey SSAA) who said send it round, he got a wireing diragram from mcfadden sydney and found somone had played with it and reverved 2 wires which fu#ked up the whole show. The total cost to get sorted in single fay was $500.00 for the gen and another $450.00 for the wireing diragram and labour to sort out. He told me not to play with the govenor as they all run at 1500 rpm and if it ever stuffs up again bring it back. This gen will run single fay and if i buy the extra box it can run 3 fay as well which i havn't worried about, i have sh#tloads of flood lights in my mill shed, runs all electric stuff like compressors, welders and has not missed a beat. Its electric start or starts with the crank handle easy if i use the decompressor.

If you have an analogue meter you can check to see if the cap is holding and discharging, but if it's bulging and looks like it's ruptured....(or about too) just replace it.

One of my meter's is a lower end Fluke that has capacitance and it's been very handy, I've found quite a few caps over the years (all Chinese) that are down in value but not totally gone and yet look OK externally.
On a PSC motor anything down in value and the motor will stall at start up and trip an overload.
only got a digital meter, i am not real clued in when it comes to electrical faults unless its bloody obvious ,but will replace the capacitor and see what happens,thanks Rick

I own a 7.5kva mcfadden generator, driven by a lister diesel, its a beauty. It was a backup / emergency gen for a co / op over at kempsey, but it used to spike and bugger up some of their fridges and stuff i beleive so they got rid of it. I bought it from a hydraulic mate who sent it to 2 electricians and try sort out and failed, eventualy it sat on his workshop floor getting in the road when i saw it one day, he said i could have it for the motor as the rest was shot. I said ok as it would be handy, but asked if the local north coast electric motor repairers had seen it, he said no just 2 electricans. I rang the i guy i know (from kempsey SSAA) who said send it round, he got a wireing diragram from mcfadden sydney and found somone had played with it and reverved 2 wires which fu#ked up the whole show. The total cost to get sorted in single fay was $500.00 for the gen and another $450.00 for the wireing diragram and labour to sort out. He told me not to play with the govenor as they all run at 1500 rpm and if it ever stuffs up again bring it back. This gen will run single fay and if i buy the extra box it can run 3 fay as well which i havn't worried about, i have sh#tloads of flood lights in my mill shed, runs all electric stuff like compressors, welders and has not missed a beat. Its electric start or starts with the crank handle easy if i use the decompressor.

sounds like a score and one ballsey unit too,Got friends at Kempsey,nice place i reackon ,xcept for some of the problem locals

only got a digital meter, i am not real clued in when it comes to electrical faults unless its bloody obvious ,but will replace the capacitor and see what happens,thanks Rick

sounds like a score and one ballsey unit too,Got friends at Kempsey,nice place i reackon ,xcept for some of the problem locals

yes you are dead right on the local problems and they are getting worse, but some good people there as well, i live just south down the highway at telegraph point.

On the genset, i was very lucky for sure but, if the right man never saw it and acted in the right manner, it still would not be going. I must say from mates in general buisness, the timber industry, chainsaw racing community across 2 states, SSAA members and to this type of forum, the way i have been helped in many ways over the years in incredable and the mates i have picked up through these forums also is a true blessing. I know there are a lot of bull#hitting attension seekers on public forums, but a bloody top crew on the whole and burning bridges simply to be an internett tough guy is fu#king stupid as they may one day need help from one of the forum members.:bowdown:

looks like your "F" is taking over you "D"....you been eating at the keyboard again :D

I got another 2100 stripped down and some bits soaking. Man Id like to find one with a real nice cylinder just once.....

Does anyone know if O-Rings have lettering as well as Dia sizing? I have a Hitachi coil nail gun apart and the IPL lists the part number and then a discription, ie: O-Ring (S-4) or O-Ring (P-48)??? Im betting the number is the dia in mm.....

looks like your "F" is taking over you "D"....you been eating at the keyboard again :D

I got another 2100 stripped down and some bits soaking. Man Id like to find one with a real nice cylinder just once.....

Does anyone know if O-Rings have lettering as well as Dia sizing? I have a Hitachi coil nail gun apart and the IPL lists the part number and then a discription, ie: O-Ring (S-4) or O-Ring (P-48)??? Im betting the number is the dia in mm.....

my O ring kits are just numbered 006 through to 327 and have 4 grove sizes in the box in 1/16,3/32, 1/8 and 3/16. I don't have any metric kits. Thats no help to you but i usualy sive through till i find something suitable.

Up here at work on a shooting weekend with my boys, bloody foggy as and windy again dismorning so no hunting today. Pigs are ploughing paddocks one after the other but can't seem to catch them as yet.

cheers mate, dont worry we are suffering the crap weather also. Cold and wet here 4 days out of 7 the last month or 2...and this long weekend has been a bloody right off. Well atleast I got a few odd jobs done.

BTW, this nail gun has 22 O-Rings in it :msp_ohmy:

[snip]

In my experience O rings are usually described as a certain ID by their section size in mm, then you get into the various materials (elastomers) they're made from.

I'm like Neil, I just go through the kits I have until I find one that works :D (If I can find one that works.....)

I have an old Parker O ring catalogue here but those numbers don't seem to match ??

The ones with "P" or "S" are just described as "O-Ring. Others that do not have a letter/number designation are descibed as the part they are on and just O-Ring, ie "Piston O-Ring"

here's the thing had some trouble with me ms260 the other day dam thing would not idle properly and when it did
all you had to do was pick it up and pffT it would cut out. (yeah i know air leak) any way me being the big X spurt (you know X being an unknown factor and the spurt a drop under presure) said to myself nah carn't be a air leak got it new and the saw has only got 31 hours on it, well i tuned it just about every way you can think of probably even invented
some too.
so saterday night i made my mind up i was gunna fix it , so sunday got all the relevant tools out and was going to
pull the carby of it and give it a good clean and what not .
any way took the air filter and top cover off and was getting started when i noticed the meatal hose clamp on the carby intake boot
had rotated around a bit mmmm turned it back and yep lose so tightened it up and then took the front of the muffler of for a look all good put it all back together and hey presto after a tune up
away she went cut .25 of meter in the back yard and never missed a beat so the moral of the story
GO WITH YA GUT
cheers :bang::bang::bang:

thanks for the idea, was have the same sorter prob with my 066 so this morning i checked the intake boot, clamp was lose, tightened it and all was well:msp_thumbup:

Latest posts

Back