the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[snip]

on a different topic ,what are you fellas paying for grinding wheels(saw chain)????????????

Drop Matt a line ?

I've never known anyone to beat him on price here in Oz, and his service is excellent and don't mention this to him either or his melon will get bigger, but he's a good bloke too.

If you are doing a lot of chains, he's a big believer in the Dinasaw wheels.

Last edited:
Blood twisted primers.at least its only one ,i had 100 small rifle primers go up in one go ,talk about scare the frickin schit outta ya,got a dillon 650 and one got sheared while being indexed and ka boom the primer system was destroyed,the plastic rod that tells you when your'e low was shot through the roof of the shed and i got a super heating of the face and ringing of the ears for awhile ......................be carefull

I have never reloaded my own bullets , but i have heard stories of camp reloading using the old fasioned way on a log or block.
One old mate i have reconds he used to go out west pro roo shooting and was nothing to reload 2 or 3 times in camp on the trip.
He used to say, those were the days, shooting the 303-25 which was very popular according to him back in the days.

true words rick.
the pics of the girls a the ones, they just sneek in now and then.

I beleive winter is here, it was a cold windy day on the hill yesturday and today will be the same, maybe some more rain as well.

The rains all gone here Neil, just that bloody cold wind now and scuddy clouds.

The croppers are spitting, they can't get their Sorghum off ATM and after this last lot of rain I'm guessing it'll be another two weeks.
That black soil country is a bugger when it's wet.

Blood twisted primers.at least its only one ,i had 100 small rifle primers go up in one go ,talk about scare the frickin schit outta ya,got a dillon 650 and one got sheared while being indexed and ka boom the primer system was destroyed,the plastic rod that tells you when your'e low was shot through the roof of the shed and i got a super heating of the face and ringing of the ears for awhile ......................be carefull

I have never reloaded my own bullets , but i have heard stories of camp reloading using the old fasioned way on a log or block.
One old mate i have reconds he used to go out west pro roo shooting and was nothing to reload 2 or 3 times in camp on the trip.
He used to say, those were the days, shooting the 303-25 which was very popular according to him back in the days.

ha ,i know a old bloke who used to reload out of the boot if his falcon in the pistol club car park

i got a T7 but still love the 650,carried that over from my pistol shooting days................geez i miss pistols:msp_sad:

I had a similar thing happen on a progressive press. You tend to get a bit carried away with them and then BANG! I was lucky and only had about a dozen go off in the tube (which was wrecked) while loading .357 Magnums about 19 years ago. I needed a fresh pair of duds for sure...

or his melon will get bigger

Sorry Rick but I don't have time to respond in depth as my keyboard is getting shaded by my stupendously large melon and my ego is in the way also.

shooting the 303-25 which was very popular according to him back in the days.

I love the old 1/4" calibres and the .303/25's are a great round - not as much punch as my .25/06's but a really nice calibre to shoot (and a 10 round mag to boot if using an old converted SMLE!). They were very popular for sure back in the 60's, particularly out in the country areas. An uncle of mine who owns a station near Alice Springs used a shoot truckloads of Dingos with an old .303/25. I never realised just how many wildcats were based on the old .303 British until I went to Sprinter Arms at Hahndorf in SA. He's got a wall full of whacky reamers for wildcats I'd never even heard of.

Back phew all good, my 1st baby girls drivin dad around now,,, Hey MCW howz that the 2012 model Zoe going n all. She still got that new baby smell, ahh thats a great primal sense for any new mum n dad.

Hope she n yur r sleepin ok,,, hmm my baby memory advice is remedy for chewed worn sore nipples apply chilled lettuce leafs. Good luck tis sure shes in good hands.

I, too am intersted in grinding wheels - you have the good oil Matt?

And loading mistakes - how could I have any problems with my marvelously well organised and clean loading bench.:msp_biggrin:

100_0907.jpg

Al.

I'm supposed to be studying ATM but somehow the 064 jumped out and asked to be looked at, so I dropped the muffler to check the spark screen and thought I'd go further and look at the piston before using and someones been running it a little lean :(

The HS was set at 3/4 of a turn, yet the illustration on the side of the saw saws 1 turn and I'm running it a touch richer :rolleyes:

It probably doesn't help that it and its fuel sits for months at a time between uses, then whoever just grabs it uses it as is rather than make up fresh mix.

Anyway, the baffle inside the muffler mysteriously sprouted a neat hole in the end of it, and the outlet shape now matches the deflector shape, increasing the outlet area by 30-50%, rather than being a small, circular hole :monkey:

I'm supposed to be studying ATM but somehow the 064 jumped out and asked to be looked at, so I dropped the muffler to check the spark screen and thought I'd go further and look at the piston before using and someones been running it a little lean :(

The HS was set at 3/4 of a turn, yet the illustration on the side of the saw saws 1 turn and I'm running it a touch richer :rolleyes:

It probably doesn't help that it and its fuel sits for months at a time between uses, then whoever just grabs it uses it as is rather than make up fresh mix.

Anyway, the baffle inside the muffler mysteriously sprouted a neat hole in the end of it, and the outlet shape now matches the deflector shape, increasing the outlet area by 30-50%, rather than being a small, circular hole :monkey:

She'll be a good runner now Rick. Try and get the guys to use some fuel stabiliser (stihl sell it now) and the fuel will stay nice and fresh :)

[

may be i should send matt down the gear for an emergency, being bubs haveing that all night action thing they sometimes do.
A work mate advised me years ago, when sleep just has to happen for everyones sake, slip up to the bottleo and buy a little bottle of brandy.
give bubs a tea spoon full and you and mum drink the rest for a good night sleep.:msp_thumbup:

Last edited:
I moved up to Beechworth 17 years ago from Melbourne and have never looked back.

I was in Melbourne (Tullamarine) Thurs and Fri for a two day course and man am I glad to be out of that rat race. I used to live in the heart of the city (top of bourke st) yet now I can't comprehend how people do it!

But Al, don't you miss wonderful Melbourne with its magical society that never sleeps? With such interesting things to see - a tatto parlour on every corner, train stations that reek of piss & aggressive adolescents; and the soothing hum of 24 hour traffic. How can you even sleep at night in Beechworth with its eerie silence and bright, bright stars?
Brother, do your self a favour and sell your house, borrow half a million and buy a stylish two room single fronted terrace house in Richmond that was built by Ned Kelly's grandfather.
Beechworth sheesh!

Al.;)

But Al, don't you miss wonderful Melbourne with its magical society that never sleeps? With such interesting things to see - a tatto parlour on every corner, train stations that reek of piss & aggressive adolescents; and the soothing hum of 24 hour traffic. How can you even sleep at night in Beechworth with its eerie silence and bright, bright stars?
Brother, do your self a favour and sell your house, borrow half a million and buy a stylish two room single fronted terrace house in Richmond that was built by Ned Kelly's grandfather.
Beechworth sheesh!

Al.;)

Al, I lived and worked in Richmond as a young fella. I was born and bread in the city, yet I probably have less of an understanding of why you would ever contemplate living there than those rurally. I left home 5:30am Thurs and within 10 k's of the course I was on time. By the time I got in there, I was 40 min's late.:dizzy: Have they ever stopped working on that ringroad since it opened 20 years ago that was originally designed to relieve traffic congestion? :dizzy::dizzy: My Iphone GPS that has worked flawlessly 4-5 times a day for work was having fits, lol!

Last edited:
Al, I lived and worked in Richmond as a young fella. I was born and bread in the city, yet I probably have less of an understanding of why you would ever contemplate living there than those rurally. I left home 5:30am Thurs and within 10 k's of the course I was on time. By the time I got in there, I was 40 min's late.:dizzy: Have they ever stopped working on that ringroad since it opened 20 years ago that was originally designed to relieve traffic congestion? :dizzy::dizzy: My Iphone GPS that has worked flawlessly 4-5 times a day for work was having fits, lol!

Yup Melb city peak hour drivin is just nuts, I hate to think how many man hours lost n fuel is burnt each day as tintops sit n wait to get to jobs. Amazes me that people will choose to drive 2 plus hour each way for a job that more than likely could find closer. Hell it may pay a few buck less but loosing even 10 hours a week in traffic is crazy your a long time dead and wasting 10 hour week is like working a full day more for nuthin. I did a 3 year stint going 45m each way I gave it away for less money was way happier.

I had to drive cross town last week wus mad 2 hours to clear the burbs and early this month had to get to the city by train for 8 am so was up 5 45 to catch 645 packed sardine tin.

4.5 million sad souls and soon to 5 and climb I,m happy I far nuff outta town.

Terraced houses

I like the comment that you could drop half a million on a terraced house built by Ned Kellys grandfather.

Here in NSW there are moves afoot to reduce the size of land to below 200sqm that you are allowed to build a house upon. I am amazed that, with the size of Australia, that we could live in blocks of land so small. Nobodys kids can play in their yards anymore so they roam the streets, getting into trouble. Having smaller blocks also overloads the services and drainage systems, as there are more houses on less land.

We should all be on bigger blocks, period! I am on a big block in Sydney, at a whopping 820sqm.

Regards
Graham

Nice to hear from you Graham. Sydney is nice place but you need to come down to Beechworth sometime. Al's dunny is 820 sqm!:msp_biggrin:

Al.

Back