the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so i think i worked out why my 0231 chain flipped off the grub screw that holds the snail cam tooless adjuster to the saw bar had worked loose,, well thats all i could find.... but i just worked our some bodies been swapin chain on my saw without my knowing wtf is shite Carlton K3 325 doing on my stihl i forbid it and curse who did it... been wondering why saw not been its self of late & a PITA when filing been files all crotchety and sticky in the slot..

WP_20160117_008.jpg

Sometimes I don't like surprises
afc1566f3f63e71ac67b7063ebc59a0a.jpg

85260e359c5d48734bb416786abe484e.jpg

Sent from my iStihl.
I'm guessing that it was initially cracked when the head was put on and the bolt was torqued up...eg. wrong bolt, something in the hole, over torqued, not sitting right when tightened, poor machining, etc..

It then let go with a bit of use...

What's your call Vince?

I'm guessing that it was initially cracked when the head was put on and the bolt was torqued up...eg. wrong bolt, something in the hole, over torqued, not sitting right when tightened, poor machining, etc..

It then let go with a bit of use...

What's your call Vince?

It's broken. Glue it back together with 3bond. [emoji1360]

Sent from my iStihl.

time to fix the gut lux the ball on the end of the pitman arm has floge out the pitman arm
20160117_120509.jpg

20160117_153830.jpg

the new arm and ball should be here this week.
Isn't there a slotted adjustment screw in the end of the the bar you can tighten to take out the slap in the ball joint, Or is the other end cactus?
Fanks

got the foot plate for my big 10 coming so the mobilco big 10 is all complete

Attachments

• 12507366_1544678235848149_4822499653814558641_n.jpg
    12507366_1544678235848149_4822499653814558641_n.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 7
A mate has about 60 acres of rough re growth radiata any one got any ideas what to do with this **** he's not looking to make a million bucks but wants to clear it and if he can get a few dollors in his pocket would be a plus

How far from a pulp mill is he and what age and condition of the trees? If ugly, unpruned, then at the mercy of transport costs here. A few years ago the export log market was so hot the Indians were taking **** logs for lumber. I don't think we'll see those days again for a while but was pretty good a few months back.

Anyone nearby needing chip?

His been in contact with blokes in regards to chipping it no intrest at all not even to have a look at what his got. No pulp mills around that I know of. Its never been thinned out or pruned properly. He was thinking about dropping a few and floging it really cheap as fire wood but I recon the stigma about useing pine as firewood will kill that off even if sold cheap. Alot of its around 10/12" dia then there's smaller stuff and a few big suckers

Isn't there a slotted adjustment screw in the end of the the bar you can tighten to take out the slap in the ball joint, Or is the other end cactus?
Fanks
yes there is i put just put new ones is and thats when i found that where the ball is presed into the pitman arm it has ovated the pitman arm so the arm is stuffed. if it was the ball i would have just presed a new ball in to the arm but the arm is f#####.

Back