the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His been in contact with blokes in regards to chipping it no intrest at all not even to have a look at what his got. No pulp mills around that I know of. Its never been thinned out or pruned properly. He was thinking about dropping a few and floging it really cheap as fire wood but I recon the stigma about useing pine as firewood will kill that off even if sold cheap. Alot of its around 10/12" dia then there's smaller stuff and a few big suckers
60 acres. Gonna need a bigger Xmas. What's the plan for the land afterwards and what time frames ? It isn't worth much as firewood once production transport storage delivery costs accounted for. Pile and burn?

A mate has about 60 acres of rough re growth radiata any one got any ideas what to do with this **** he's not looking to make a million bucks but wants to clear it and if he can get a few dollors in his pocket would be a plus
If he had a big bucket of arsenic he could sell treated pine posts ,strainer.... Mill the big stuff for internal feature wall cladding exposed beams etc etc

Home owner hippy greeny crowd love usingtimber to build there hipster pads on there 5 acre conservation park ..the kitties are usually ex city and loaded with dosh

Home owner hippy greeny crowd love usingtimber to build there hipster pads on there 5 acre conservation park ..the kitties are usually ex city and loaded with dosh

I've been in the market for a while now looking to buy some acreage and found a couple of those setup for the tree change folk....typically overpriced, often stuffed infrastructure....one with rising damp and the entire tiled floor loose or drummy. ..and all priced as if nothing wrong with the place.....

Tasmania offers awesome value for money on rural properties...looked at a few there...

If he had a big bucket of arsenic he could sell treated pine posts ,strainer.... Mill the big stuff for internal feature wall cladding exposed beams etc etc
That reminds me of something on my wishlist for when/if my circus act grows up into a gypo thinning operation:
http://www.hypro.se/?p=pr755&lang=eng&pv=p

Trouble with post making here, would need to debark/peel before treating them and I haven't come across much that looks to be ideal for small-time operations. Must be something out there though.

Also, if word got out to the authorities about a back-yard treatment facility, especially a CCA bathhouse, they'd shut me down before I had time to blink.

Here, post making much depends on transport costs to treatment facilities and from there to customer. I had to turn about 800 pines into firewood because the post guys didn't want them and too far away from any mills or ports, given the **** quality.

I think the city's are over priced ,you get a chiity little ground floor 100 yr old 2 bedroom thats about 2m wide ,no parking needs renovations ,have to have bars on your Windows and 10 deadbolts all for 1.5 million ....mmm I'd rather buy a established farm on 1000 acres for half a mil out wool woop where I can take piss out my front door

That reminds me of something on my wishlist for when/if my circus act grows up into a gypo thinning operation:
http://www.hypro.se/?p=pr755&lang=eng&pv=p

Trouble with post making here, would need to debark/peel before treating them and I haven't come across much that looks to be ideal for small-time operations. Must be something out there though.

Also, if word got out to the authorities about a back-yard treatment facility, especially a CCA bathhouse, they'd shut me down before I had time to blink.

Here, post making much depends on transport costs to treatment facilities and from there to customer. I had to turn about 800 pines into firewood because the post guys didn't want them and too far away from any mills or ports, given the **** quality.

Could always soak them keruso , bit of bark ads to the rusticness that tree changers want , I'm talking more rough sawn rustic timbers ,not for the fancy pancy crowds in the main streem

Where has Matt been, you bunch of Hort Wankers?
I haven't seen him here lately.
My last name is Woodcock, but just call me Timber Tool for short. Lol

dunno i think he's been flogged hard at work and had gut full of us,,, perhaps he'll drop by once the electrode therapy & pills wear off .

Where has Matt been, you bunch of Hort Wankers?
I haven't seen him here lately.
My last name is Woodcock, but just call me Timber Tool for short. Lol

Good day Mr Woodcock, how are things in the Yukon? Matt is either on an extended vacation in Thailand or he is very busy at work. One of the two.

Back