the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'day lads..
Well not much new same old working the fingers to the bone!...
Skidder has been sold and long gone off to a new home working hard, and hope they take care of the old girl I sure did and I knew every inch of the machine!....
Got 50K +GST not bad hey :sweet: anyways I did keep one little memento :(......

019.JPG 5l.JPG

G'day lads..
Skidder has been sold and long gone off to a new home working hard, and hope they take care of the old girl I sure did and I knew every inch of the machine!....

View attachment 486933 View attachment 486934

So many wheel nuts

My little ms211 noodling some **** ....
Man what a hard saw to tune stock or modified!... I think it has a rev limiter? as when you come off load it seems to peak out and spark is cut well so it seems? oh well not to bad for 35cc of homeowner madness haha, just need to get a 28in bar so I don't have to bend over and some .404 that **** last a few 10hr days before it needs sharpening no bull!! I read it on the interwebs must be true? :sweet:....

G'day lads..

View attachment 486933 View attachment 486934
What's with the wheels? Looks like you can fill the tyres with something other than air.

What's with the wheels? Looks like you can fill the tyres with something other than air.
I think your looking at the guard? is just a normal valve stem under the guard..A valve stem out in the open would be ripped off in a matter of minutes!... And no water in the tyres the machine would be to heavy with water in the tyres as it is the skidder is like 17tons ,mostly light small skidders get water in the tyres to help weigh em down to get the power down.

Yeah tell me bout it had two flats over the years in the bush and had to breaker bar them suckers off! not a 5min job lol

That's where those portable honda genies come in handy with the big electric rattle guns.

Use em at work to do the nuts and bolts on the steel portal frames, very handy, especially working nuts onto rusty dirty hold down bolts.

That's where those portable honda genies come in handy with the big electric rattle guns.

Use em at work to do the nuts and bolts on the steel portal frames, very handy, especially working nuts onto rusty dirty hold down bolts.

Can you recommend a good lectric rattle gun?

I think your looking at the guard? is just a normal valve stem under the guard..A valve stem out in the open would be ripped off in a matter of minutes!... And no water in the tyres the machine would be to heavy with water in the tyres as it is the skidder is like 17tons ,mostly light small skidders get water in the tyres to help weigh em down to get the power down.

Yeah, it's the guard I was looking at. Helps em re less chance of roll over too I'm guessing with ballast in the tyres.

Can you recommend a good lectric rattle gun?

Don't own one we use on the portals, my steel fixer has a good one as it's real old and goes well....can find out for you if you want.

I've got two cordless ones, Hitachi 18v but not powerful enough to do wheel nuts on a skidder.

Don't own one we use on the portals, my steel fixer has a good one as it's real old and goes well....can find out for you if you want.

I've got two cordless ones, Hitachi 18v but not powerful enough to do wheel nuts on a skidder.

I see, no worries. Yeah I have been looking at some 18v ones also. Pretty handy to have.

I see, no worries. Yeah I have been looking at some 18v ones also. Pretty handy to have.
Yeah, super handy but only really any good to around M12 or M14. Even the 800NM+ cordless Milwaukee isn't much better a tad quicker that's all.

I think my riggers one might be an old black and Decker but not sure, not up with the latest non cordless ones.

Bets me all I know is the job has to be done there and then with the tools at hand ,is no such thing as driving home to get tools to make the job easy could be a 300km round trip only thing going home is a load of logs....We have a 15k screw compressor back at the mill and a 1k big ass rattle gun (one o many types) that goes bang bang bang on them nuts before they let go! lol,, but yeah a 6 foot piece of pipe over the breaker bar gets the job done in the bush as well...

Bets me all I know is the job has to be done there and then with the tools at hand ,is no such thing as driving home to get tools to make the job easy could be a 300km round trip only thing going home is a load of logs....We have a 15k screw compressor back at the mill and a 1k big ass rattle gun (one o many types) that goes bang bang bang on them nuts before they let go! lol,, but yeah a 6 foot piece of pipe over the breaker bar gets the job done in the bush as well...

Where's your mill?

Latest posts

Back