the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got up into the high country again on the weekend. different method of transportation this time.. using the mountain bike, with a fella from work. was fantastic but half killed me.

my mate had a few offs! usually its me on the ground.

yeah there were some tricky and steep sections we walked. cant see any steepness in this shot but it was and a tricky lead up to it.

never done so much climbing before.!!

bloody heavy camp chairs.

finally at the 2nd best part of the track.

some more walking.

the best part of the track.

best part of the day.. the drive home via the mansfield pub for dinner.
I love the high country so much.....

Moving 7km north of Briagolong in under 2 months, can't wait...bikes running strong, 4wd is doing great and my chainsaws are getting toey.

Now the hard slog to find local work instead of Melbourne.

hey all,

happy belated new year! Im about 1000 pages behind so dont know my arse from my elbow round here...

im clearing some stuff out:

I have a job lot of Husky 266 se/xp NOS 3x fuel tank, NOS 1x crank case and NOS 1x piston cylinder kit (single ring, full circle skirt)..pm me with a offer if interested.

Ill also have a complete 262xp coming up soon, once ive gone through it.

cheers
Serg

love getting boxes delivered.. especially when they have saws in them.

but i wonder about some people and their sharpening skills. now i am no expert in the field but 10 out of 13 chains looked like this and i dont think they are quite right!!

dusted off one of my shelf queens and noodled up a trailer load. farkin heavy dense wood!! even the new 044's had a play but the chains were too **** to cut with.

but i wonder about some people and their sharpening skills. now i am no expert in the field but 10 out of 13 chains looked like this and i dont think they are quite right!!

dusted off one of my shelf queens and noodled up a trailer load. farkin heavy dense wood!! even the new 044's had a play but the chains were too **** to cut with.

Mmm makes you wonder how they treated the saws ?.

I'm no expert Vince but looks like one sides sharpened for normal cross grain cut with assistance of the raker to determine depth, then you can spin the chain around and rip, with the raker used to clear the chips better.

Sound feasible?

the only thing i can think of is the bar is flogged out.. and to compensate the croaked cut was to sharpen the chain like that to cut straight ?!?
or the chain grinder zero point is out and they didnt notice lol

Looks like he's sharpened both sides of the cutter tooth, the back at 10deg and the front at 30.....

Maybe Neil knows what's going on.....secret squirrel?

Sweet! I love me some 44's

I love the high country so much.....

Moving 7km north of Briagolong in under 2 months, can't wait...bikes running strong, 4wd is doing great and my chainsaws are getting toey.

Now the hard slog to find local work instead of Melbourne.
Seems like a lot of dead trees up there. Bushfires? I thought they would be black still
Nice country though. I am on south coast of NSW

Back