the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any of you good buggers using Castrol 2T (I think it's now called Garden 2T) oil? Any good? Is only JASO FB, but has FC/FD detergency.

I have been using a Morris 2T oil and am glad to get to the end of that container.

Any of you good buggers using Castrol 2T (I think it's now called Garden 2T) oil? Any good? Is only JASO FB, but has FC/FD detergency.

I have been using a Morris 2T oil and am glad to get to the end of that container.

i use to run it in my dirt bike and in my saws still would be but i got given some stihl oil

I think BP makes it for Castrol.

BP is good and consensus appears to be they also make the best 98oct fuel.

With out this starting in to an oil thread. I allways wonder why people bag one oil but rave about another with out decent testing ect this goes for 4 stroke engine oil as well. The way I look at it is if its not nipped up or worm out

No good ya recon ?
Went from the stihl oil (which i think also had the castrol logo on their stihl bottles), to the morris oil and the first thing i noticed was more smoke. Not enough to stop using it but am thinking I don't want to buy another container of it, so just got some pricing on castrol and it was very good (for NZ anyway); about NZ$35/4L.

For all I know, there might actually only be a few makers and everyone just slaps their logo on it, but i swear I noticed a difference with the Morris stuff and want to try something else.

With out this starting in to an oil thread. I allways wonder why people bag one oil but rave about another with out decent testing ect this goes for 4 stroke engine oil as well. The way I look at it is if its not nipped up or worm out
Yeah, I simply check a few specs to make sure it's about what the saw manufacturer suggests and then it comes down to perceptions. It may even be the Morris stuff didn't smoke more than others but just smelt like the smoke was doing more damage than others when in fact it was better for me than the less smelly other stuff.

I had to buy tractor oils recently and it's a similar sort of confusing sea of claims and counter claims. Managed however to find tractor dealers recommended oil at really good rates elsewhere (not through them) so i just stuck with that.

I think BP makes it for Castrol.

BP is good and consensus appears to be they also make the best 98oct fuel.
They probably make it for Morris too and it's all the same and I've just caught too many mouthfuls because the wind was blowing the wrong way so blame it on Morris. Will be interested if find a difference when try the castrol 2T.

Have used Castrol 2t for over 20 years in all our chainsaws never had a seized up saw or seen the nikasil plating worn through bottom ends fine, talking very high hr work saw's.
IMHO It's a good oil in work saw's doesn't smell at all and yep they have changed it used to be red is now blue, have use about three 20L drums of the new blue 2T so far and yeah still good seems the same even say's on the new drums it's for chainsaws! wow look out crazy I know its only mineral oil ha . Does it cost a fortune or make a saw rev really fast like a race saw? that would be no I don't think so but it does do a good job of keeping fast moving metal/alloy parts from fusing together that's all I know o_O..

Got a so called free 4L bottle of the Stihl hp Ultra oil with a 661 never used it before, well I don't know if its a good oil or what but persevered through about 1L of the bottle until I couldn't take it any longer the smell! made me feel sick I don't know what the hell is in that stuff ,ended up using the rest as bar oil haha..

The old drum of 2T
mill2 095.JPG

Oh yeah personally we mix Castrol 2T at 25:1 for our work saws and at home farting about with small saws I mix at 32:1 they don't work that hard..Even says in the Stihl manuals well it used to if your not running Stihl oil- mix at 25:1...I run 32:1 in the 661 as its finicky thing and seems to like that even though my stihl dealer said run it on 25:1 ha (he is old school). So yeah don't think Id like to run 2T at 50:1 in a saw or any oil for that matter just my 2c..

Have used Castrol 2t for over 20 years in all our chainsaws never had a seized up saw or seen the nikasil plating worn through bottom ends fine, talking very high hr work saw's.
IMHO It's a good oil in work saw's doesn't smell at all and yep they have changed it used to be red is now blue, have use about three 20L drums of the new blue 2T so far and yeah still good seems the same even say's on the new drums it's for chainsaws! wow look out crazy I know its only mineral oil ha . Does it cost a fortune or make a saw rev really fast like a race saw? that would be no I don't think so but it does do a good job of keeping fast moving metal/alloy parts from fusing together that's all I know o_O..

Got a so called free 4L bottle of the Stihl hp Ultra oil with a 661 never used it before, well I don't know if its a good oil or what but persevered through about 1L of the bottle until I couldn't take it any longer the smell! made me feel sick I don't know what the hell is in that stuff ,ended up using the rest as bar oil haha..

The old drum of 2T
View attachment 492490

To me that's the kind of usage that says its a good product constant use of the same oil over a long period. And no flys on 25:1 all my **** runs on it. Where's rick when you need him? But as long as the oil grade meets the specs of the machine should be fine. As for smell get some of the strawbery scented **** or run caster oil

They sell some fun smelly stuff for the fuels used bubble gum for a while now onto groovy grape I had too many accusations of racing with alcohol when I changed my 2stroke oil, the scented stuff confused them . I have a bottle of Reefer Madness that is waiting to be used, it will be the new "U Beute Hemp oil " being trialed as a 2stroke oil

Latest posts

Back