the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sold all this season's firewood and had orders for 40cu. Mtrs. more and calls are still coming in.

Even put my prices up more than 10% on last year and still can't keep up.

$150 a cube delivered for next seasons stock should see things settle down a bit but I still reckon I'll sell out even at that price. Not easy to buy it out this way and the local retailer is short changing everyone on quantity, something I'll never do.

Decided yesterday that the only saw i was going to take in the ute for the day was the Stihl 180C that Vince tweaked.
Spent most of the day trimming up small grey box coppices, and light clearing.
As long as i kept the chain good and sharp, the little pisser was GREAT to use,super zippy,and (with the mods done) didnt make me yearn for more power.
Admittedly,most of the stuff i was cutting was 150mm and under,wouldnt want to use it on big timber,but this baby saw has definitely won its place in the back of the ute,
thanks to Vince.
I still dont like the Grandma Easystart though!
I used my new one heaps on satday. Love the little fella!! The easy start? How could ya hate it. Such a lazy way to start them lol only prob the weight they add to the saw.

Spent Sunday at the local park with family and spent most of the time looking at the pines thinking how you would drop them with out hitting things and today was lunch with the other half of the family for my birthday. Got the rest of the week off so might do some splitting and chuck the new module in my 661 and blow the cob webs out of it
231cec808115fe82d91ebfeb54166f02.jpg
little Isabelle in her bunny get up

Had time over the long weekend to go over the 661 even gave it a degrease still a good saw under all the crap ha , and put a new bar on it..I really like the 660 clutch it just keeps pulling where before it was so easy to bog and you really had to take it easy now I can put the hurry up on it..
Also pulled the muffler for a look the Castrol 2t seems to be doing its job piston looks great and no blowby that I can see..
A vid cutting some very dry hard crap saw's not running that great fuel is pretty much off need to get into town for some fresh fuel..
2 (2).JPG 1 (2).JPG

Had time over the long weekend to go over the 661 even gave it a degrease still a good saw under all the crap ha , and put a new bar on it..I really like the 660 clutch it just keeps pulling where before it was so easy to bog and you really had to take it easy now I can put the hurry up on it..
Also pulled the muffler for a look the Castrol 2t seems to be doing its job piston looks great and no blowby that I can see..
A vid cutting some very dry hard crap saw's not running that great fuel is pretty much off need to get into town for some fresh fuel..
View attachment 494994 View attachment 494996

Piston looks as good as new.

my little hybrid wind solar system been going ok but the wind mill stopped a few weeks,, well a month ago and i not gotabout to debug it so spent some time deciphering **** chink manuals then digging tho internet to solve.... turns out it has a over speed brake,,, yeah knew that but i had unknowingly programmed it to stand down for 90 minute not the default 10m all fixed its spinning again green light charging my battery's

The saw looks new as. Sure it's the same saw we were looking the other week ?!?
lol yes same saw just never been cleaned apart from hit with air here and there true was a mess but still in good nick under all the crap it's not like I throw it off cliffs haha I still look after it,
top plastics are getting faded hit them with WD40...

3 (3).jpg 2.JPG 1.JPG

Looks very nice R60, give yer a grand for it ?

Watching an experienced chainsaw mechanic a while back with a STIHL saw he had in for service/work, walked over to pressure washer, started saw and washed it off.

Didn't falter..........bldy good things them STIHLS !!!!

Back