the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even better
d247fea32c1015314584da6fe291c298.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Was just looking at that on there page , heaps better than a Knife
Best part is they have a few different teeth options to suit different digging situations ,ititially they seem a bit expensive ,but will outlast the knife setup big time and handle some tough soils

Or you can just use some old spring steel and make up some cutters ,I remember dad doing that ,he just welded them on and for soft soils they did ok

Best part is they have a few different teeth options to suit different digging situations ,ititially they seem a bit expensive ,but will outlast the knife setup big time and handle some tough soils

would rather buy the adapter and cutters , only what to do that job once and like you said, can change teeth , did you only put 1 lot either side of your auger

I've just dragged my late uncles McCulloch 380A out of the shed and am hoping to get it going again. I dont know a lot about chainsaws, but its been sitting around for 30yrs unused so needs a carby kit, compression and spark appear ok. Is there any Aussie contact for old McCulloch bits(it has the flat back carb) or do I need to order from the US? I'm also wondering if/where I can find a 28-30inch bar for it as I'm hoping to put it work cleaning up some old dead macrocarpa trees on my property. Thanks for any help!

Motul 700/800 $30-38/L
Castrol 2T $9.5 $37/4L
Castrol TTS $ $77/4l
Mobil 1 racing 2T $300 /12L case http://www.mobil.com/english-AU/Passenger-Vehicle-Lube/pds/GLXXMobil-1-Racing-2T
Is the Mobil same as a decade ago that everyone loves

All. My gear has had activ 2T& mauyama @32-1 w'BP 98, but looking at 25-1 (stihl hq mech) In the second 084 and pondering for all equipment given I want to Port/MM gasket delete my brushcutters fs250 fs120 fs200, Hedger, 261cm, 200T's 034 & 660

Or is it over kill for regular use equipment on the job. $$$a factor here as well
Thinking I may need to clean the piston and cylinder before switching from mineral oil????

Sent from West Coast AUS

I'm very happy with Husqvarna LS+ it's semi synth and JASO FD rated.
You can change over to it with only a minor retune if needed.
40:1 in all my gear and BP95.
Costs around $140.00 for 10ltr.

I've just dragged my late uncles McCulloch 380A out of the shed and am hoping to get it going again. I dont know a lot about chainsaws, but its been sitting around for 30yrs unused so needs a carby kit, compression and spark appear ok. Is there any Aussie contact for old McCulloch bits(it has the flat back carb) or do I need to order from the US? I'm also wondering if/where I can find a 28-30inch bar for it as I'm hoping to put it work cleaning up some old dead macrocarpa trees on my property. Thanks for any help!

I'm pretty sure old Bob could help you with that, but I'm also pretty sure not one person on this site has his contact details, but I could be wrong.

Back