the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are my beans he's grinding there.
Vice will back me in on quality.
Yes Home roasted.
Coffeesnobs "jwill' for my roaster

Sent from West Coast AUS

Great to see that coffee is taken just as seriously as chainsaws around here :)

Was worried that they were grinding old stale beans from the supermarket.

Now you guys with good coffee need to get serious about a good grinder, then the magic really starts to happen.

mmm, need another already, and I just had an Etheopian Gambella Sundried roasted into second crack on a long slow profile, 10 days after roast, and its really developing into a coco bomb.

Trains

meh all respect for you coffee toffs but im just as happy with 43 beans from a jar vs all them wizzo blends, l,ll go as far south as international roast, pablos prolly pushing it but if needs must white an one dont stir it tho and none of that low fat milk ffs

Yup jumbo is a killer roaster. Sensational coffee!

+1

The Rancillo is the bees knees. But myer ebay have the breville smart grinder on spesh for 199.....couple of others are pretty good also but bit more exy.

Cordless drill on high too much heat and I like gadgets

as for cheep this one cost me $120 had it for 3 years 2 coffees a day sometimes when mates are over and were working on our bikes up to 10 a day has not burnt a coffee yet and is as good in tasts as my bro's $2000 one
20161019_061839.jpg
needs a cleen :(
20161019_061720.jpg
this is my perk when it was new it did not burn the coffee it dose once every now and then now it was 10 years old when i stoped using it 3 years ago
20161019_062737.jpg

as for cheep this one cost me $120 had it for 3 years 2 coffees a day sometimes when mates are over and were working on our bikes up to 10 a day has not burnt a coffee yet and is as good in tasts as my bro's $2000 one
View attachment 532179
needs a cleen :(
View attachment 532180
this is my perk when it was new it did not burn the coffee it dose once every now and then now it was 10 years old when i stoped using it 3 years ago
View attachment 532181
Does that have a dual floor basket.

Can get single floor on ebay for less than $10
Maybe even make the portafilter into a "naked" one.

Devon and Vince. Try Gumtree or eBay for used Cafe grinders instead of buying them $450-$1500+ new
That's where I got my red one, just check the burs aren't too worn out/cheap enough to replace ($50 for mine)

Sent from West Coast AUS

+1

The Rancillo is the bees knees. But myer ebay have the breville smart grinder on spesh for 199.....couple of others are pretty good also but bit more exy.

Cordless drill on high too much heat and I like gadgets
I was going to get that but ended with a sanremo Sm 90? For $100 54mm flat burr grinder only upgrading when I have a bigger machine or it breaks.
Plenty of stories of $1500 grinders for $200-300 kind of like getting a dcs7901 cheap as it's a secondary brand but still top notch stuff
Some gear holds value like a ms180/290

Sent from West Coast AUS

I was going to get that but ended with a sanremo Sm 90? For $100 54mm flat burr grinder only upgrading when I have a bigger machine or it breaks.
Plenty of stories of $1500 grinders for $200-300 kind of like getting a dcs7901 cheap as it's a secondary brand but still top notch stuff
Some gear holds value like a ms180/290

Sent from West Coast AUS
Or a Dolmar PS5105 for US$330 off Amazon because it's rebadged as a Maruyama. Pity I have too many wee saws as it is.
Nice compromise between easy/instant and coffee snobbery (joking) here is the bean bags - teabags for coffee.

22298147228817184df8c43de3ce4040.jpg

Does that have a dual floor basket.

Can get single floor on ebay for less than $10
Maybe even make the portafilter into a "naked" one.

Devon and Vince. Try Gumtree or eBay for used Cafe grinders instead of buying them $450-$1500+ new
That's where I got my red one, just check the burs aren't too worn out/cheap enough to replace ($50 for mine)

Sent from West Coast AUS
it has a single naked would be nice.

this might grind your beans, but i dont think it will help Pete's needs

View attachment 532298
View attachment 532299

Thats one lovely looking fergy post hole digger, they dont make them like that anymore, and with the cast lifting piece that fits the 3pl arms.

Hey 2strokenut, I started out with an earlier sunbeam model, but it had the 4 buttons along the top, was a previous years 500 dollar model, I modded its heat setting, and pressures, and had a single wall basket, cost me 3 bucks from a garage sale and my coffee journey began after a solid clean up and downloading a manual to figure out how to work the bloomin thing.

Hey Jimbo, glad to meet a fellow roaster, but sounds like you do far more than me, glad you have the lads sorted with good coffee.

cheers

Trains

2strokenut Hole saw or lots of drilling for the basket also take out the plastic inner, just be sure to use a heating flush. Hot coffee cold metal :-(

Trains Was that a 6900/6910 sunbeam with dual thermoblocks. I've been roasting for 2y the above coffee is from a 69kg sack but I've done at least that over time(some still left) from ANDY on beanbag. I need to master more softer brews to capitalise on flavours lime you mentioned.

Kiwi that looks better than international/64 blend.

Sent from West Coast AUS

Motul 700/800 $30-38/L
Castrol 2T $9.5 $37/4L
Castrol TTS $ $77/4l
Mobil 1 racing 2T $300 /12L case http://www.mobil.com/english-AU/Passenger-Vehicle-Lube/pds/GLXXMobil-1-Racing-2T
Is the Mobil same as a decade ago that everyone loves

All. My gear has had activ 2T& mauyama @32-1 w'BP 98, but looking at 25-1 (stihl hq mech) In the second 084 and pondering for all equipment given I want to Port/MM gasket delete my brushcutters fs250 fs120 fs200, Hedger, 261cm, 200T's 034 & 660

Or is it over kill for regular use equipment on the job. $$$a factor here as well
Thinking I may need to clean the piston and cylinder before switching from mineral oil????

Sent from West Coast AUS

2strokenut Hole saw or lots of drilling for the basket also take out the plastic inner, just be sure to use a heating flush. Hot coffee cold metal :-(

Trains Was that a 6900/6910 sunbeam with dual thermoblocks. I've been roasting for 2y the above coffee is from a 69kg sack but I've done at least that over time(some still left) from ANDY on beanbag. I need to master more softer brews to capitalise on flavours lime you mentioned.

Kiwi that looks better than international/64 blend.

Sent from West Coast AUS

Hey Jimbo, it was the EM5800, was in a sorry state, plugged it in, turned on the power, lights came on, took it home for 3 bucks.
Took some time cleaning, then the journey began.
Not long till I was sourcing locally roasted beans, modded the 4800 grinder to stop burr wobble on the shaft and align the burrs etc (again thanks garage sales).
what killed it in the end was the circuit board failing, and decided to move on to a better machine. Tho it was modded somewhat, for what it was, it well and truly punched above its weight.

Started roasting about 6 years ago now, only done 200 ish batches, really enjoy the single origin and seeing what it offers, did some blending, but went back to single origin.
Have found that the african beans like a slow ramp to get a full/ complete first crack, makes them much more complex in flavor compared to the faster ramp, and blending of first and second crack.
South american seem to be the opposite, and enjoy them light and bright.
Not got any indian beans yet, but heard good things about them as a base for a blend.

there are so many options when roasting, just one bean can give so many different results.

We live in good times for coffee and chainsaws I rekon. :)

Trains

Back