the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats just nuts. was the tree from the road nature strip or outta the home yard ? Them power lines are looking a wee close for me.

Planning today a stand of Cypress removals with task details of traffic pedestrain control, ohead power shut down, crane lifting logs so all the due diligence etc right down to getting a busstop temp moved for the day. I should get these lads in save some bucks the risky way eh

I think it was from somebody's yard but yeah pretty brain dead. The crane driver should know better as well. OH&S is the same no matter what the job so no excuses for any of these peanuts. I'd bet my left sweaty one that the guy who felled the tree is an uninsured amateur who pulled some sort of deal to get the log. We had some morons advertising in our local paper here a year or so ago offering to fell Cedar and Jacaranda trees for free if they could take the wood. I'm betting they didn't have a clue how to fell trees safely and doubt they had any takers but it depends how good they were at talking. Sadly smooth talkers that know jack sh*t sometimes get a lot of work.

I haven't been to Adelaide for a while, but isn't that how all croweaters drive?:msp_tongue:

Didn't mean to upset you South Aussies, Wayne and Matt - specially as I have to pick up a big box from SA tomorrow at the post office. Thanks Wayne, I will get that ugly old Mac gear drive going now and maybe even cut some wood with it. I am thinking I have something else to send you but this time you might not like it. Not a minimac but one of the nastiest little saws I have ever worked on. This one will try you out.:hmm3grin2orange:

Al.

I haven't been to Adelaide for a while, but isn't that how all croweaters drive?:msp_tongue:
Al.

Sadly Al after driving in a number of other states and cities I think you're right. Our drivers are aggressive and generally quite crap :(

Matt,
I used to think Victorian drivers were bad. That is until I went to Thailand - now I think Aussie drivers are quite OK!

Al.

Matt,
I used to think Victorian drivers were bad. That is until I went to Thailand - now I think Aussie drivers are quite OK!

Al.

True that! I have a couple of Vietnamese friends I went to school with that were adopted around 1 year of age towards the end of the Vietnam war. They're as Aussie as they come but they've both gone back to Vietnam on holidays and couldn't believe the chaos on their roads. Asians are generally known as crazy drivers, even in Australia :)

Liar. You said you got a chipped tooth and a black eye from a few errant ping pong balls on Patpong Road. Not to mention that itch you spoke of...

That was a startling event, who knew such force could be generated. There were 5 in the "magazine", I caught one in the top of my head as well. Poor bloke to the side took one in the ear, he was rushed to the infirmary for extraction. The itch was temporary, have you found the cure yet?

That was a startling event, who knew such force could be generated. There were 5 in the "magazine", I caught one in the top of my head as well. Poor bloke to the side took one in the ear, he was rushed to the infirmary for extraction. The itch was temporary, have you found the cure yet?

From what I heard she had a worn throat and corroded rifling so accuracy had gone to the pack, hence so many off target casualties. You're lucky you were sporting that afro or your skull may have been fractured. From what I've heard the shockwave from a ping pong ball breaking the sound barrier can easily fracture a beer bottle?
Still working on that itch mate, my finger nails seem to be wearing out faster than the blisters...

Last edited:

Didn't mean to upset you South Aussies, Wayne and Matt - specially as I have to pick up a big box from SA tomorrow at the post office. Thanks Wayne, I will get that ugly old Mac gear drive going now and maybe even cut some wood with it. I am thinking I have something else to send you but this time you might not like it. Not a minimac but one of the nastiest little saws I have ever worked on. This one will try you out.:hmm3grin2orange:

Al.

Now Al be nice or I'll send you mac PM 610 plus a carcass for spares :D

From what I heard she had a worn throat and corroded rifling so accuracy had gone to the pack, hence so many off target casualties. You're lucky you were sporting that afro or your skull may have been fractured. From what I've heard the shockwave from a ping pong ball breaking the sound barrier can easily fracture a beer bottle?
Still working on that itch mate, my finger nails seem to be wearing out faster than the blisters...

What times those were, at least we had sense enough to avoid the "sliced" banana drinks.

just a quick derail how long have the stihl es lite bars been out for me suplyer can not find them on the us database

Plenty of 0 9 oh's around there ridges here that come out for this 090 only race, it is a memorial race for a local cutter that loved his 090 and worked it everyday and would come to town for the show and race and would win. He was a well respected bloke and having this memorial race in his memory is a testimony to the respect everyone had for him, that is why there has been minimal modifications to most saws in that race. Running a chingaling-dingaling copy would be just disrespectful to the honour of ol mate.

Just my 2 cents

Will

as for the mardi gras reference bob, wtf, sorry, I don't see much telly these days, to busy working

well said Will, i have said this before but you gave a little more detail.
Plenty of the bloody things in nsw as well, very little interest in the ring tho and all who compete know why.

edit,,,, except for the die hards like ricko

Last edited:
I'm sure that most of those who watching the racing realize that the saws competing Neil go a lot better than normal off the shelf saws and the race saws well they bare no comparision to every day saws

Maybe a race just for 090's would be the way to go i have not seen one here in NSW i'm sure the boys would drag out their old 090's for a run

I didn't know the background to the 090 race in Queensland and i bear no disrepect to anyone Will thats not my intent in any shape or form

I entered and won a race at Bathurst in 1987 it was the open hotsaw event it was only at the presentation that i learnt it too was a memorial race to Geof Bennett a very
well known man from the Bathurst area and again highly repected mind you i still dont know the story to this fella but i still have the trophy on my mantlepiece

McBob.

Don't you guys sleep?
In Bangkok I had a balloon shot out of my hands from 25 feet. My God what stomach muscles!
Wayne, after seeing your 166 in the 6 cube thread I am definately sending you a present - just to bring you back down to earth.
And no more Macs! (Unless you have a spare Super Pro 118?)

Al.

Last edited:
Don't you guys sleep?
In Bangkok I had a balloon shot out of my hands from 25 feet. My God what stomach muscles!
Wayne, after seeing your 166 in the 6 cube thread I am definately sending you a present - just to bring you back to down to earth.
And no more Macs! (Unless you have a spare Super Pro 118?)

Al.

Sleep Al? come on, we are big internet tough guys:hmm3grin2orange:

True that! I have a couple of Vietnamese friends I went to school with that were adopted around 1 year of age towards the end of the Vietnam war. They're as Aussie as they come but they've both gone back to Vietnam on holidays and couldn't believe the chaos on their roads. Asians are generally known as crazy drivers, even in Australia :)

I have a mate who went back over there after 40 years i believe the speed limit is 60 kph total the coach he was on was impounded for exceeding 60 kph

Back