the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Second hand saw prices in Oz are ridiculous. Is it to much to ask to take the muffler off for a look see ?
The bar and chain look hardly used. He has got it advertised as an ex demo but told me some one bought it and only used it twice then upgraded to a bigger saw.

I’d be going with the 170. I’ve done a lot of cutting of small limbs to 10” rounds for firewood when camping with my 170 and it’s been great. I cannot believe the asking prices for these saws when they are second hand. I’ve seen them and they’ve been obviously used and slightly marked and people ask $220 for them. They seem to sell too [emoji2357]

By chance i used a MS 211 stihl today not very impressed it felt weak framed and junky master switch trigger single nut clutch cover all over a bit poor..
Thanks Derwoodii, really confuse the truck out of me.:) Maybe just send the cheese & kisses out with a $300 budget and see what she brings home.

A memory came up on my Facebook, I posted this 5 years ago -

We pulled up at camp the other day and I got out to collect some wood. As I left the car I noticed a baby goat about 5 metres away from me / the car. You normally expect fluffy animals to walk away from you, but I thought I'd try and attempt it over... I started to make a little squeezing noise and put my hand out and it came towards me!! As it got closer I got a little uncomfortable and then noticed it had horns, therefore I started to walk back to the car and away from it. Believe it or not it came towards me and followed me around the back of the car while I tried to walk away from it! The damn thing eventually cornered me so I jumped onto the bonnet of the car (I know they can head butt pretty badly even baby goats so took no chances). After it lost interest after a minute of two of holding me captive I was able to get down. Katrina was obviously laughing her head off and started stroking them, turned out they were pets of the homestead! I got off the bonnet with my ego somewhat battered and started to feed them etc...
2-3 hours later I went up to the house and passed a young family parked next to us. I had to ask if they saw what happened earlier and hoping they would say no.. He instantly burst out laughing! In his thick Queensland accent "Boy did I just!!! That was the funniest thing I've ever seen!! I told my wife, 'Marie check this bloke out he's on the bonnet of his kaaaar!' It's only a tiny goat!!"
It wasn't long after that I came back and I saw 3 girls no older than 5 walking the goats around, petting them and feeding them...7BB96439-FB17-4AE0-B716-97971BC08C6C.jpeg

that'll work but i never used any of the makita saws i need to get out more
Apart from the 7900 (although a dolmar) and a 18v top handle, neither have I but the guys that have the EA32 and do a fair bit of cutting seem to like 'em, even with the dinky clutch cover and primer.

dear daughter little car got bumped while parked in street, a wander and some questions to locals directed me to a little old lady opposite that drives badly etc etc so i have to go ask her some questions..

thumbnail_IMG_20200626_164052_1.jpgthumbnail_IMG_20200626_164352_1.jpg
i pretty sure i know whats happened now, old lady backed out her carport & bumped daughter car

dear daughter little car got bumped while parked in street, a wander and some questions to locals directed me to a little old lady opposite that drives badly etc etc so i have to go ask her some questions..

View attachment 838700View attachment 838701
i pretty sure i know whats happened now, old lady backed out her carport & bumped daughter car
Look for the car with red paint smudge on its left rear butt cheek.

Latest posts

Back