the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that seems to be a lot of kms in 7 years [emoji15] I recently put JT sprockets on my old xr350. Hopefully they last ok [emoji1303]
20,000km out of the ones that came on the bike 40,000km out of that set and the new set im on now 15,000km on them at the moment. The sprokes and chain have been sitting on my work bench and i was out feeding the horses and snapped a photo and see what you lot thought.

my sad lonely paddock sheep shaun got 2 new friends yesterday, a another small sheep lucky Tim i rescued from the ramp to the abattoir and a mini horse whos small paddock is now winter mud and she in foal due 5 -6 weeks aaaw cute

shaun not so sure yet they need to settle & know their place

my sad lonely paddock sheep shaun got 2 new friends yesterday, a another small sheep lucky Tim i rescued from the ramp to the abattoir and a mini horse whos small paddock is now winter mud and she in foal due 5 -6 weeks aaaw cute

shaun not so sure yet they need to settle & know their place
Sweet will have to see a pic of mum and bub pony when it happens if there still at your place.

Oh my Derwoodii, how things have changed since then, I walk up to spoon Koop or whatever its called most days.

last time flying here Spoon koop long ago it was getting so busy like a airport you had to wait for a slot.. its nice hill but too small for more than 4 kites & once para-gilders turned up you spend most time watching out not enjoying the sky.. i gave the long drive to here away..

Got quoted $50 for a new chain from the Stihl dealer for a 20in 3/8 . Is that about right. last one I bought about 3yrs ago was $36.

I’ve always been frustrated at the high price of Stihl chain but it seems to be a lot harder wearing than cheaper chain. Carlton chain in my opinion seems to be the closest in quality to the Stihl stuff. It’s no point having chain that’s half the price if it wears out twice as quick [emoji2369]

got a 100ft roll of carlton canadian made 3/8 semi for 370 delivered a while back, saw it on gumtree. edited to add, it was whites forestry, think they got a pallet load in, and did a cheap price to kick things off.

Adelaide tools used to have affordable stihl chains, 37ish for a 20" loop going by memory, and cheap stihl bars, 80 for a 20" E bar, last time I visited, I didnt have the funds for some light bars they had on the wall at the time, kick myself I didnt get them then, but have been bought out by westfarmers, and now only deals with husky.

luv when plan comes together and the weather is just perfect for 3 days

this took 2 years to unfold quote nego with various stakeholders 2 councils yes 2 all the neighbors schools power company road traffic detour so police ambo mail man garbage collection add tree hugger politics and last 2 months 2 weeks to pull it together and the subbie contractor team did a great job.

thumbnail_IMG_20200629_134339_1.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200701_140244_2.jpg

when the last log lifted away 3 days with no dramas i was pretty pleased

thumbnail_IMG_20200701_140613_1.jpg

got a 100ft roll of carlton canadian made 3/8 semi for 370 delivered a while back, saw it on gumtree. edited to add, it was whites forestry, think they got a pallet load in, and did a cheap price to kick things off.

Adelaide tools used to have affordable stihl chains, 37ish for a 20" loop going by memory, and cheap stihl bars, 80 for a 20" E bar, last time I visited, I didnt have the funds for some light bars they had on the wall at the time, kick myself I didnt get them then, but have been bought out by westfarmers, and now only deals with husky.

Glad to see the arse end of Adelaide tools. Where the worst thing for the dealer network. No knowledge or support just burnt stock. I’ll help people out where I can

Glad to see the arse end of Adelaide tools. Where the worst thing for the dealer network. No knowledge or support just burnt stock. I’ll help people out where I can

Had no idea on the burn stock etc Just passed by one day and saw the large stihl logo on the shop front, went in, large display, more stock etc.
prices up here are really high, so a trip to tanunda stihl, or further down into a town stihl and chain and bar prices came down considerably.
I want to buy local, and try when I can, but when its 40% higher at the shops here, than elsewhere, it makes it difficult to do so.

Not sure when my next trip to town will be, but will let you know and put a list together, appreciate you letting me know, you located south of town ?

And thanks for the dribble thread too

Latest posts

Back