the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember that one well but it wasn't a small bore. It was an SKS from memory but may have been an SKK. The only thing that saved his life was the fact that full metal jacket 7.62 x 39mm rounds were used and the fact that the shooter (like in most mass shootings) couldn't shoot for sh*t. Soft points or hollow points and he wouldn't have been so lucky. It happened in the Barossa Valley in the Adelaide Hills and I remember it well as we had a math's teacher with the same name as the shooter and it was all over the news.
He was certainly one lucky cop but not necessarily brave. Brave is running into a burning house to save a kid or entering a property KNOWING the owner intended to shoot you. Just getting shot and laying there isn't really courageous or brave.

By the 2000 rounds i'd say quite a few couldnt shoot but i suppose if you throw enough lead around some-one is gunna get hurt

ok guys, bort one from cannings , delivered $62.00
regards peter

left handed or right handed one :msp_confused: narh just joshin ya brother,,:msp_sneaky: you may find as I in time you dont need all the fangle bar n chain gear . A old rake handle cut off with a hole in one end for the file & same for the flat file will do yer just fine.

i usually just sharpen with a file but getting lazy, plus it gives me something to do in the shed when im in the ####
regards peter

left handed or right handed one :msp_confused: narh just joshin ya brother,,:msp_sneaky: you may find as I in time you dont need all the fangle bar n chain gear . A old rake handle cut off with a hole in one end for the file & same for the flat file will do yer just fine.

the one i got from canning is this model

G106-b
that will work on my ms 362 20''b 3/8 chain wont it
i forgot to check before i bort it, if some one could find out for me i would app thanks
regards peter

before i bort this i was looking on the net a place had one made in italy and it wouldnt fit a 3/8, thats why i was asking
the ad for the one i got says,FITS MOST saws
regards peter

I remember that one well but it wasn't a small bore. It was an SKS from memory but may have been an SKK. The only thing that saved his life was the fact that full metal jacket 7.62 x 39mm rounds were used and the fact that the shooter (like in most mass shootings) couldn't shoot for sh*t. Soft points or hollow points and he wouldn't have been so lucky. It happened in the Barossa Valley in the Adelaide Hills and I remember it well as we had a math's teacher with the same name as the shooter and it was all over the news.
He was certainly one lucky cop but not necessarily brave. Brave is running into a burning house to save a kid or entering a property KNOWING the owner intended to shoot you. Just getting shot and laying there isn't really courageous or brave.

couldn't agree more. I used to have (perminantly borrowed) a SKS and it was fun to shoot but one day another mate bought the new stainless ruger in 7.62 by 39 (the one with the silver scope) and he had factory winchester loads and there was just no comparrason. that was a lovely little 30 cal rifle, not as noisey as my own 30 / 30 winchester but shot better. that rifle was the one that inspired me to buy my own ruger 77 stainless but mine is in .223 and its been very good for me.

I agree totaly in the wasting 2000 rounds, but these nuts who go on shooting sprees, if they can't think like a normal human being, how the f#ck could they ever shoot straight. Just as well normal hunters don't go on shooting sprees or else a lot of lives would be lost.

Well maybe question why the SAS has on many occassions been seen toting 7.62mm military load for its wack over 5.56mm and often 1 one round will do the job, 5.56 requires double tapping i have handled both plus have used the AK-47 in both gauges 7.62 and 5.56 mm and for the sake of a little extra weight they dont get up and run away.

I would most of the 2000 rounds was spent by the cops

Last edited:
Yes the whole theory behind the 5.56mm round is wrong in my eyes, and I discovered that to my detriment when I was a peacekeeper in the Solomons.

The NATO/US theory was that if you wound a person you tie up another 2 people extracting them from the battlefield, and then a whole heap more people to look after that person. The theory falls down in 2 areas. Firstly a wounded person can still operate their weapon in some cases, and secondly, there are some armies in the world who dont give a rats about their wounded.

I had an L1A1. The few times I had to use it, people stayed shot!

Regards
Graham

On a more positive note, switched fuel on the whipper snipper to fully synthetic at 40:1, running 98 Octane. Man did that little bugger run well. It's only a Bunnings whipper snipper, and it is approx 6 years old.

The McCulloch is next on the list for this treatment :msp_biggrin: The Stihl already has this treatment :msp_biggrin:

Graham

Something a little different.
There's been a lot of 090 talk over the past months and not one single vid has come to life, so i thought i would fire one of mine up just for the fun of it. This is one of my own modified production class 90's, I had to resort to a used work chain legnthened for this exercise as my race chains are at home.
the wood is White Gum and is roughly 19inch by 17 1/2 inches.
chain, work 3/8 super chisel driven by a 10 tooth sprocket.

Note,,, that chain does the saw no justice and i will put a decent chain on next week and show again, its not a bad saw.

[video=youtube_share;vKfoKE9Ndzs]http://youtu.be/vKfoKE9Ndzs[/video]

Last edited:
I took the crew out to cut some firewood today... so it was definitely a good day :msp_biggrin:

The wood was dirty and my chains didn't last long but it makes good firewood. The tree trunk is about 50' long and around 4 foot at the base so I should have firewood for a while.

Oh and I'm working some videos too.

attachment.php

I took the crew out to cut some firewood today... so it was definitely a good day :msp_biggrin:

The wood was dirty and my chains didn't last long but it makes good firewood. The tree trunk is about 50' long and around 4 foot at the base so I should have firewood for a while.

Oh and I'm working some videos too.

attachment.php

Hows the back and arms sport cuttin cool movin its cruel, mine moved 4 m3 of crushed rock over m driveway...

That ring tone loaded up sweet ta ausnell1, yer 090 tis gonna annoy the office n crew heaps over the week;)

Nice video Neil,

I think the fine weather was a great excuse to get out all manner of petrol powered devices. The whipper snipper and the blower got a run, and then the MS441 came out to cut a slice off the top of the chopping block (just to see how it went)

Graham

Hows the back and arms sport cuttin cool movin its cruel, mine moved 4 m3 of crushed rock over m driveway...

That ring tone loaded up sweet ta ausnell1, yer 090 tis gonna annoy the office n crew heaps over the week;)

The arms are doing okay but my backs feeling it, especially after my recent back injury - but it was worth it for sure.

Haha, yeah great ring tone!

Just to remind you guys, today is International Beer Day so crack open a cold one if you haven't done so already :msp_wink:

attachment.php

Back