the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they came down from megathara in blue burnout fj what just farted and #### it self a jutlan parade right next door to bondies where the smoke cleared a voice said this place is alright we tell the goverment its a sacred site dead ####ing easy gooday mr allan bond how you going bloke i am your brand new neighbour i bet you you have a smoke i think i am gonna like it here living next door to allan 24 kids 9 adults and 15 dogs a dead roo on the roof rack and a boot load full of grog i am flash as michael jackson now i am living next door to allan first thing we got to do is get another car the sitting out the front wont even ####ing start we call bloke from the goverment hes alright hey so they rang guy incharge of all the goverment grants next day in the drive way was a new mecedes benz hey come have a look at this one edwin itsa got a wireless look at this hey gooday mr allan bond how you going mate youve got a flash but my ones a flash one hey i believe mines faster then yours because mine is a red one 24 kids 9 adults and 15 dogs all scweezed inthe front seat with the wireless turned full on listening to slim dusty and now there living next door to allan so bondy called ben lexen and said i want enother twice as big and twice as fast what i have already got that will #### them so there neghbours called some welfare mob not to be outdone got the hams melbourne on some goverment loan it got me nackerd they just wanted to go fishing for yabbies in the river gooday mr allan bond how you going mate you got a flash boat but my ones a flash one hey i think i am gonna put im in the river next door to allan 15 dogs 9 adults 2 dozen screaming kids line strung from the flight deck trying to catch some swimming pissing in the river next door to allan so bondy through a party likes you have never seen invited everybody to the premier to the queen and the leyland brothersss sothere mates bungara a barby on the lawn and invited althere relatives from megathara to come down ahh every one bring a bottle ov woobler theres a party on at my house i dont now why his leaving or where his gonna go he said his got his reasons i bet u i recon know never got use to living next door to abos his jumping up and down making such a fuss at least we dont have ####ing coons living next door to us- so we gotta get use of not living next dorr to allan

I'd love to put a phone video on YouTube of the speedo that I took in a guy's 300rwkw Typhoon a few years back doing 0-180kph. Trouble is I'd be hunted down and arrested :) That thing was spinning the back wheels into 4th gear (6 speed auto). I'd still buy the manual version even though 90% of people like the auto more. They FPV Typhoon is the only Aussie built Ford I'd own.

gotta give the falcons credit, they had a bloody good strong motor, lost my licence in my old ute doin 148ks and id only just popped it into 3rd! just a shame the rest of the car fell apart around it

gotta give the falcons credit, they had a bloody good strong motor, lost my licence in my old ute doin 148ks and id only just popped it into 3rd! just a shame the rest of the car fell apart around it

Actually I've only liked the Falcon 6's from the BA onwards or prior to the XD in the late 70's. With the Alloy II motor they had nothing but head and head gasket trouble. If you got to 180,000km without an issue you were a very rare individual indeed. Oh and don't mention the AU's...

A bit like this pic when i drove to Darwin in a BA XR6 Turbo.
I found a couple of fishing pics when i was fishing around the Bromby and Whestal islands when we used to live on a mother ship off Gove area for two weeks every November.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Actually I've only liked the Falcon 6's from the BA onwards or prior to the XD in the late 70's. With the Alloy II motor they had nothing but head and head gasket trouble. If you got to 180,000km without an issue you were a very rare individual indeed. Oh and don't mention the AU's...

Why not?, mine made it to Berri didn't it? :laugh:

No worries, my au is going good but my wife's TJ magna just cost $2200 to have the auto trans repaired :angry:

Yep. Magnas and Holden Camiras must be the biggest pieces of crap on our roads. However there is always a gem amongst them. Mum and dad bought a brand new JB Camira 1.6L manual wagon (brown in colour!) back in 1983 (their first new car ever) and dad sold it a few years back still running fine with 380,000km on the clock! The only issue it ever had was when I stripped 2nd gear out of it doing a 1st to 2nd gear burnout on a wet road and missed the gear :( Dad sold it to a hippy for $800 that only wanted to buy it to get to Queensland to pick fruit. Out of interest dad asked the guy to call him when (or if) he arrived. The guy did call, the car didn't skip a beat, and the cheeky bastard had sold the old bus for $1400 when he got there!
I knew of about 15 Falcons between the XD and AU during the 90's and all but one had done the head or head gasket in prior to 180,000km.

Yep. Magnas and Holden Camiras must be the biggest pieces of crap on our roads. However there is always a gem amongst them. Mum and dad bought a brand new JB Camira 1.6L manual wagon (brown in colour!) back in 1983 (their first new car ever) and dad sold it a few years back still running fine with 380,000km on the clock! The only issue it ever had was when I stripped 2nd gear out of it doing a 1st to 2nd gear burnout on a wet road and missed the gear :( Dad sold it to a hippy for $800 that only wanted to buy it to get to Queensland to pick fruit. Out of interest dad asked the guy to call him when (or if) he arrived. The guy did call, the car didn't skip a beat, and the cheeky bastard had sold the old bus for $1400 when he got there!
I knew of about 15 Falcons between the XD and AU during the 90's and all but one had done the head or head gasket in prior to 180,000km.

i had a XD and a XF both had head problems, head gasket and corrosion behind no 6 cylinder, the head problem was finally fixed with the AU.
I thought hippies only drove Kombi's :D

i had a XD and a XF both had head problems, head gasket and corrosion behind no 6 cylinder, the head problem was finally fixed with the AU.
I thought hippies only drove Kombi's :D

not enough head bolts for that type of cyl head material/design was the biggest issue inturn causing head gasket failure,as for the corrosion,the likely culprit is stray current,when i was working in the trade it was common to see six month old falcon taxis EA-through to AU with severe head failure caused by stray current ,this was of course only one of the probs the taxi motors had,running gas was another ,those heads just were not meant to run on that stuff

not enough head bolts for that type of cyl head material/design was the biggest issue inturn causing head gasket failure,as for the corrosion,the likely culprit is stray current,when i was working in the trade it was common to see six month old falcon taxis EA-through to AU with severe head failure caused by stray current ,this was of course only one of the probs the taxi motors had,running gas was another ,those heads just were not meant to run on that stuff

My AU running on gas has done 256000 ks without any head problems, hopefully it will stay that way :)

they came down from megathara in blue burnout fj what just farted and #### it self a jutlan parade right next door to bondies where the smoke cleared a voice said this place is alright we tell the goverment its a sacred site dead ####ing easy gooday mr allan bond how you going bloke i am your brand new neighbour i bet you you have a smoke i think i am gonna like it here living next door to allan 24 kids 9 adults and 15 dogs a dead roo on the roof rack and a boot load full of grog i am flash as michael jackson now i am living next door to allan first thing we got to do is get another car the sitting out the front wont even ####ing start we call bloke from the goverment hes alright hey so they rang guy incharge of all the goverment grants next day in the drive way was a new mecedes benz hey come have a look at this one edwin itsa got a wireless look at this hey gooday mr allan bond how you going mate youve got a flash but my ones a flash one hey i believe mines faster then yours because mine is a red one 24 kids 9 adults and 15 dogs all scweezed inthe front seat with the wireless turned full on listening to slim dusty and now there living next door to allan so bondy called ben lexen and said i want enother twice as big and twice as fast what i have already got that will #### them so there neghbours called some welfare mob not to be outdone got the hams melbourne on some goverment loan it got me nackerd they just wanted to go fishing for yabbies in the river gooday mr allan bond how you going mate you got a flash boat but my ones a flash one hey i think i am gonna put im in the river next door to allan 15 dogs 9 adults 2 dozen screaming kids line strung from the flight deck trying to catch some swimming pissing in the river next door to allan so bondy through a party likes you have never seen invited everybody to the premier to the queen and the leyland brothersss sothere mates bungara a barby on the lawn and invited althere relatives from megathara to come down ahh every one bring a bottle ov woobler theres a party on at my house i dont now why his leaving or where his gonna go he said his got his reasons i bet u i recon know never got use to living next door to abos his jumping up and down making such a fuss at least we dont have ####ing coons living next door to us- so we gotta get use of not living next dorr to allan

+1. I also think posts should mimic books nobody wants to read.

Yeah, the old falcons go alright. My EF did 300k without to many issues, head gasket at 170, front wheel bearings and a set of brake pads. The AU taxi's supposedly did 600k without hardy any problems so they must have finally figured out a head gasket fix. I recently had a BA and I wasn't overly impressed. With 100k on the clock it had serious brake problems even after warranty replaced them, noisy diff (as in a clunking noise), steering problems, interior panels falling off and quite a few other things. Hopefully the FG has improved.

Yeah, the old falcons go alright. My EF did 300k without to many issues, head gasket at 170, front wheel bearings and a set of brake pads. The AU taxi's supposedly did 600k without hardy any problems so they must have finally figured out a head gasket fix. I recently had a BA and I wasn't overly impressed. With 100k on the clock it had serious brake problems even after warranty replaced them, noisy diff (as in a clunking noise), steering problems, interior panels falling off and quite a few other things. Hopefully the FG has improved.

The Landmark fleet BA's and BF's are utter utter pieces of crap as are other non XR/FPV Falcons I've driven. They go OK but it's like driving a boat in a 6 foot swell. The new BF's are similar but just go harder. If it wasn't for fleet deals I doubt the Falcons (or Commodores for that matter) would still be a viable platform. I know the Toyota Camrys seriously hurt Commodore sales as despite being a 4 cylinder they go well, are bloody reliable, have a bigger boot, are WAY cheaper and use less juice. In my previous job I had a Camry that had it's arse thrashed off for 280,000 odd km and it did not have one single issue while averaging about 8.2L/100km the entire time.

Yeah had a BA,good engine,the rest just ok.Didnt like the tree it found though.My wife servived it and is ok..thats all that matters they still make cars!
Im not on the tools now but from what i seen,and a lot of others i talk to,one of fords best ever engines..if not the best,was the 302/351 cleveland v8.Bloody heavy great thing and thirsty,thus there downfall....but just went and went and went on forever.
seen them with no maintanance go for years.Have seen one come into the workshop that had run so hot without water the plug leads had melted to the rocker covers.Costumer had no money so we fixed the leaked..filled with water and away it went.burned a bit of oil after but it run.
I could go on and on..seen them do 500,00k and never been touched...and remember this was at a time when...if you could get 200,00k out of the opposition v8 you where bloody lucky.um hope i havent started something lol

Cheers David

Back