the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll show you my latest toys :)

???????

Seriously but,,, here is that little item bound for SA, (maybe modify it and put on your chineese 070). Comes complete with a rattle inside, NSW wasp nest my guess.
Found some different looking emulsion blocks as well and I thought maybe dolmar but silly me, they are standard 2100, so I best keep them.

attachment.php

attachment.php

That should be a handy free service for the good members here mate.

Last edited:
You go into town on a Sunday to buy the Saturday paper?
Hmmm, interesting :D

I could suggest that it takes that long to get here, but that would be a fib :D

Drove past on the way to Tamworth yesterday and SWMBO wouldn't stop.

But she stopped for a Chai latte just up the street........

funny that I can take a handgun and 5KG of ammo but not a chainsaw :msp_confused:

Yup, mean while all our imported saws arrive here by plane.

They have also introduced the water bottle ban (opaque bottles) for domestic flights now I see. I had a chuckle when I saw the heavily tanned blondes emptying their bags of all water bottles when they saw the sigh, to bad they didn't read the opaque part. Then as soon as they went through security they went and bought more water at airport prices... who knows why they need to carry so much water :confused2:

So they're saying it can't go in the hold now ? :msp_confused:

Yup, nothing resembling a combustion engine is allowed in your baggage. I guess it could start up unexpectedly and cut itself out of the bag maybe...

Last edited:
i have seen alot of makita chainsaws about all small bore what is the biggest saw they make and has any one ran one

ATM the DCS9010 (90cc) is the biggest, the DCS 7901 (79cc) is right on the heels of a 390XP or 660 and possibly as quick with a 20" bar.

DCS510 is 50cc
DCS 6401 is 64cc (same saw as the DCS 7301 and 7901, just smaller bore)
DCS 7301 73cc
DCS 7901 79cc
DCS 9010 90 cc

DCS = Dolmar Chain Saw, they are identical, just teal blue instead of red. Makita have owned Dolmar since 1991 and dropped the Dolmar name here about two years ago.

Hi Guys, well its been awhile and have put through about 15 tanks of fuel sinse I brought the ms362
So question is, should I now take it in to get retuned again to get max revs
Its been hard to do things after my brother inlaw went through the qld floods at mundubbera, 3 houses to renovate
Regards Peter

Stihl 023c fuel line question

Hi guys
I picked up another old saw today ,Stihl 023c but the fuel line that goes to carby into the tank is stuffed
I do have a 024, so does any one know if the fuel line will fit the 023c from the 024
Ive got parts from the 024 so hoping they will inter change to the 023c
What your thoughts on this
Regards Peter

Hi guys
I picked up another old saw today ,Stihl 023c but the fuel line that goes to carby into the tank is stuffed
I do have a 024, so does any one know if the fuel line will fit the 023c from the 024
Ive got parts from the 024 so hoping they will inter change to the 023c
What your thoughts on this
Regards Peter

From what I know not many parts interchange between 023 and 024, the 023 is a home owner grade saw (plastic case, etc) where as the 024 is professional grade with alloy case. The 021, 023 and 025 are based on the same platform from memory and the 024 and 026 have a similar platform.

Also I suggest getting a new fuel line for a few bucks as older lines go hard and crack causing running issues...

Last edited:
Thanks for the help and advise, what a bummer about the parts not being able to change
I will get a new hose, it looks like it would be a great little pruning saw
do you know much about that saw, were they any good
Regards Peter

Thanks for the help and advise, what a bummer about the parts not being able to change
Regards Peter

Have a look at both saws, you might find a few parts that interchange.

They are a good little runners, the 023 and 025 are popular home owner saws.

i have seen alot of makita chainsaws about all small bore what is the biggest saw they make and has any one ran one

As Rick mentioned there is the DCS9010. It isn't really a modern design though but certainly a tough and reliable old saw. It really doesn't compare to the more modern 90cc saws and is surely due for replacement any day now. I have a Dolmar PS9000 in the shed (not running) and they are built like a tank but feel like one as well.
You can get them at a good price though. I saw the DCS9010's at Agfest in Tassie from New Norfolk Mowers a few years ago for $1199. At that price they are definitely a good buy. Just remember though that there are basically no aftermarket parts though and genuine bits are quite spendy.

Regards Peter

Hey if you want any help or advice on anything Stihl related PM bennn*e on here. He's a Stihl dealer and resident guru. I don't bother Googling anything Stihl related anymore. I just phone him and 99% of the time he pulls the answer off the top of his head. He's like the Rain Man of Stihl information. Quite freaky actually :)

ATM the DCS9010 (90cc) is the biggest, the DCS 7901 (79cc) is right on the heels of a 390XP or 660 and possibly as quick with a 20" bar.

DCS510 is 50cc
DCS 6401 is 64cc (same saw as the DCS 7301 and 7901, just smaller bore)
DCS 7301 73cc
DCS 7901 79cc
DCS 9010 90 cc

DCS = Dolmar Chain Saw, they are identical, just teal blue instead of red. Makita have owned Dolmar since 1991 and dropped the Dolmar name here about two years ago.
thank you that will be handy to know

As Rick mentioned there is the DCS9010. It isn't really a modern design though but certainly a tough and reliable old saw. It really doesn't compare to the more modern 90cc saws and is surely due for replacement any day now. I have a Dolmar PS9000 in the shed (not running) and they are built like a tank but feel like one as well.
You can get them at a good price though. I saw the DCS9010's at Agfest in Tassie from New Norfolk Mowers a few years ago for $1199. At that price they are definitely a good buy. Just remember though that there are basically no aftermarket parts though and genuine bits are quite spendy.

i might go next year and have a look thank you

Back