the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Talk some more smack and people might start to take you a little bit seriously young Neil.

Actually that's part of the problem, you haven't been around the industry long enough or done enough for anyone to take you seriously ;)

Imagine this Rick - I drove all the way to northern NSW to meet this 6'6" 125kg rippling beast of a gun logger, a saw racing legend, sawmill owner, and precision faller.
I was that excited on my 14 hour drive there that I didn't even stop for a wee and just used a coke bottle to save time.

So to say I was surprised when I met a 5' frail 80 year old bloke who lived in a tent using the local library's free internet to post on AS is an understatement. The librarian said that old Neil spent most of the day in the forestry section reading books...

Talk some more smack and people might start to take you a little bit seriously young Neil.

Actually that's part of the problem, you haven't been around the industry long enough or done enough for anyone to take you seriously ;):D

Ok then,,, I will go over to another forum and talk to them, they believe.

me

[
QUOTE=MCW;4299427]Imagine this Rick - I drove all the way to northern NSW to meet this 6'6" 125kg rippling beast of a gun logger, a saw racing legend, sawmill owner, and precision faller.
I was that excited on my 14 hour drive there that I didn't even stop for a wee and just used a coke bottle to save time.

So to say I was surprised when I met a 5' frail 80 year old bloke who lived in a tent using the local library's free internet to post on AS is an understatement. The librarian said that old Neil spent most of the day in the forestry section reading books...
[/QUOTE]

:embarrassed3:

Last edited:
I found when shooting the FFF was much easier on my hand and I could shoot all day long if I wanted to, with the smokeless the kick was too much over a period of time. I didn't lose much in velcioty iirc, and yes the smoke cloud did offer some cover ;)

When you're propelling something the size of a house brick velocity is highly overrated...

Just happened to find a couple of my oldies but goodies.
Both saws pensioned and sold off years ago to other race guys.

3120 hotsaws,,, unlimited production and open classes.

attachment.php

3120 hotsaws,,, unlimited production and open classes.

attachment.php

That twin would've been, err, interesting to handle.

I know you've mentioned it before but being well into my dotage too the memory isn't quite what it was.
How did you phase the engines/cranks ?
180* apart or Big Bang ?

Would've sounded great on pipes but imagine how ordinary it would've been to handle then.

That twin would've been, err, interesting to handle.

Would've sounded great on pipes but imagine how ordinary it would've been to handle then.

Well I guess simply put,,, any regular race competitor who can drive hotsaws will run that saw safely. Practice and confidence helps a lot, knowing what not to do is a big help as well.

A lot of my racing mates have had a run or two in the ring with it.

It sits in a private collection these days owned by a retired racing champion in Sydney.

Last edited:
Is that Brokeback Mountain starrin' Heath Ledger and Will ?

Wrong movie ol mate, this was more like it
[video=youtube;z6pwO8vWU1s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6pwO8vWU1s[/video]

Gus McCrae is a legend, "A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke doesn't want one bad enough":msp_biggrin:

Gus McCrae is a legend, "A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke doesn't want one bad enough":msp_biggrin:

Sorry Will, I won't do that again, no body picked you. It was a good pic tho.

In that other pic with the old 2 man, I was pleased the big fella picked Ray Blackett (any one who raced in the 80's and 90's should of reconised him) the other man was from the Hawksberry vintage saw colectors club. (not Ben Sparkes) I cannot remember his name.

Heres an oldy which should prove hard to name.
its mid 90's down southern NSW. Hint, NSW state of oregin post rip team against Vic.

attachment.php

Last edited:
[video=youtube;z6pwO8vWU1s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6pwO8vWU1s[/video]

that's a beauty Will, just looked at it. looks like he got his poke and she got her $50.00.

edit,,,, 6 deg in the shed. fire lit.......... tick

Last edited:
Don't stress Neil. You got one of those bars as well so therefore Uncle Rick will be on even terms.
Oh hang on, Will got one as well and by hell if he modifies it from a Husky mount to a bloody 14mm Stihl mount and whacks one on those Cahoon 880's we're all knackered...

The only hope we'd have left is if I modify my last remaining bar to 14mm and give it to Bob to stick on his 090's...

And do what ??????????

Hey what was the starting procedure with that twin Neil? Get Dean or Will to start it for you? :D

I gather it was through the one starter?

Dean has proberbly had a run with it, I can't remember now.

[QUOTE]Hey what was the starting procedure
[/QUOTE]

You blokes want to know everything, it secret squirrel stuff you know. ok ill tell ya's,,, Ozito 18V cordless on the clutch side

Um I dunno. What normally happens?

Well Matt, that would depend on who we are talking about.

edit,,,,

Guys, spend an hour reading this, this guy has seriouse issues. Well done Gologit for dealing with this dude.

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/232451.htm

Last edited:
Just walked in and kicked the fire up here Neil, we've been spoilt over the last week with the warm days and nights, back to autumn now.

It's going to be a wild few days here in the little town between the hills this weekend too, the 'King of the Ranges' stockmans (and womens) challenge is on for the next three days, culminating in a brumby catch, rope and rodeo on Sunday.

Not sure if I'm game to go near any of the pubs this weekend, let alone the rodeo ground of an evening :msp_unsure:
I wonder how many can fit in the cells here ? :hmm3grin2orange:

Unfortunately no saws, but you have to be able to shoe a horse, boil a billy by chopping your own wood and making a fire, ride a cross country course including jumps in a stock saddle while cracking a stock whip (earns extra points) etc, etc.
All good fun.

Interested in doing a post rip demo next year Neil ?

A few of the competitors are fencers who fancy themselves as sawyers, as are a number of blokes that live and work around here ;)

Last edited:
Back