the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I learnt a new term on the weekend.

Box Gap.

It's the latest must have among the gym bunnies.

:msp_confused:

How many thou is acceptable and will a standard set of automotive feeler gauges be sufficient?

You may as well answer who that bloke is Rick or else he will be dissapointed no one reconises him.

Bob?

Neil, how about a cowboy clue? ;)

Ok,,, he lives and works in QLD but was not born there. He works in the bush and has something in common with dogs, as Rick guessed yesturday. That should do it.

If you men have not worked it out by tonight, i WILL give the answer.

Last edited:
I learnt a new term on the weekend.

Box Gap.

It's the latest must have among the gym bunnies.

:msp_confused:

:laugh:

Yeah I heard about this too, apparently standing toe in helps when taking selfies :confused2:

Sounds more like a wheel alignment to me than anything else :msp_rolleyes:

The Cowboy man is Will. It all makes sense now. 6 shooter etc points to the US and he's in Queensland but not born here.

Oh and by the way Neil I don't know why you put a photo of Will up. He gets enough attention already...

Anyway Will what calibre? .45 Colt?

Oh and by the way Neil I don't know why you put a photo of Will up. He gets enough attention already...

Well I could find a pic of something and shine the sh#t out of it then call it a rebuild giving all the details along the way.
I could but no I won't because I don't have to.

Well I could find a pic of something and shine the sh#t out of it then call it a rebuild giving all the details along the way.
I could but no I won't because I don't have to.

Well if you actually owned a chainsaw maybe you could do some shining. But no, instead you just hang onto Will's coat tails basking in his glory and talking up his 880's.

Anyway Will what calibre? .45 Colt?

I'm back out of the shed now mate and I can reply, been fixing up a 3120, it started to high idle on me at the race over the weekend and I found a couple of loose head bolts, cleaned it up and put in a new gasket and good to go.

And the photo is of me back in the day, It was taken in the Crazy Mountains in Montana when I was a wilderness ranger for the US Forest Service. The Crazies are an awesome place where you can sit back and watch mountian goats all day long playing around on the high cliffs. We would disappear in to the mountains for weeks at a time with saddle and pack horses and mules, in the this area we were allowed to use chainsaws (I was wearing saw chaps in the pic) but most areas it was crosscut and axe work. There where some griz and mountain lions in the areas we worked that is why I had the hog leg on. It is a Ruger Vaquero stainless with a 45LC cartridge, I was loading her up with a 255gr slug in front of fff black powder loads. That load hit like a freight train and can hold a tight group. If I ran into the two legged feral variety the look of the big barrel coming out of the leather usually quieted them down:msp_biggrin: I do miss them days, nothing mattered in the rest of the world once I was in the saddle leading a pack train along a mountain trail :cowboy:

Well if you actually owned a chainsaw maybe you could do some shining. But no, instead you just hang onto Will's coat tails basking in his glory and talking up his 880's.

but I do own a chainsaw, its a big one too, i'd show ya's but I think you all will just have to take my word for it. Hey I can use it too. again just take my word on that as well.

edit,,,,
just watching a couple of 4wd action vids given to me,,, the one I watching is of an old short wheel base Toyota, an 80 series Toyota and a bloody landy, these boys are having so much fun up in QLD

Last edited:
I'm back out of the shed now mate and I can reply, been fixing up an 880, it started to high idle on me at the race over the weekend and I found a couple of loose head bolts, cleaned it up and put in a new gasket and good to go.

Ahem... I corrected it for you Will.

And the photo is of me back in the day, It was taken in the Crazy Mountains in Montana when I was a wilderness ranger for the US Forest Service. The Crazies are an awesome place where you can sit back and watch mountian goats all day long playing around on the high cliffs. We would disappear in to the mountains for weeks at a time with saddle and pack horses and mules, in the this area we were allowed to use chainsaws (I was wearing saw chaps in the pic) but most areas it was crosscut and axe work. There where some griz and mountain lions in the areas we worked that is why I had the hog leg on. It is a Ruger Vaquero stainless with a 45LC cartridge, I was loading her up with a 255gr slug in front of fff black powder loads. That load hit like a freight train and can hold a tight group. If I ran into the two legged feral variety the look of the big barrel coming out of the leather usually quieted them down:msp_biggrin: I do miss them days, nothing mattered in the rest of the world once I was in the saddle leading a pack train along a mountain trail :cowboy:

Sounds like a cool job. At least with the FFF if you didn't hit anything you could hide in the smoke cloud :)

I was thinking Hollywood Westerns.... just slightly off the mark :blush:

And here I was thinking I'd totally blown it for Neil by blabbing "does he own a pack of dogs" and then "Husky's" :D

Cool photo Will, I love country like that, although I'm not sure I'd want to come face to face with Brer Bear.

I can't mate, ive just polished the camera case, couldn't possably open it now. Besides others get away without showing vids and everyone believes them.

Talk some more smack and people might start to take you a little bit seriously young Neil.

Actually that's part of the problem, you haven't been around the industry long enough or done enough for anyone to take you seriously ;)

:D

Sounds like a cool job. At least with the FFF if you didn't hit anything you could hide in the smoke cloud :)

I found when shooting the FFF was much easier on my hand and I could shoot all day long if I wanted to, with the smokeless the kick was too much over a period of time. I didn't lose much in velcioty iirc, and yes the smoke cloud did offer some cover ;)

Back