the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cant see one on that ebay account

can see one on his other account wattle0001

looks like new old stock bought in usa and sold here for a profit

What is the first number of the serial number it will tell weather it was assembled in the usa from parts or assembled in europe

ok I saw the account that you posted
agree with matt MCW
still think it may be USA assembled stock.
bars and chains sweeten the deal.

after you wear them all out see matt for all you chains and stuff

You can register the GT3 though :)

Clutching at straws ? :msp_biggrin:

No matter how good a road car is, I still maintain road cars are crap on track, just like a race car is crap on road.

What feels amazingly controlled and flat and fast on road becomes cumbersome and unwieldy in a true race type situation.

The first time I test drove a race modified sedan I came into the pits and started going through the list of things it was doing wrong. All responses were doughy and slow, and it just pitched and wallowed and rolled everywhere.
The engineer just looked at me and told me to just shut up and drive it, that's how they all drove :msp_scared:
After driving open wheelers it was a bit of a shock.

Clutching at straws ? :msp_biggrin:

No matter how good a road car is, I still maintain road cars are crap on track, just like a race car is crap on road.

What feels amazingly controlled and flat and fast on road becomes cumbersome and unwieldy in a true race type situation.

The first time I test drove a race modified sedan I came into the pits and started going through the list of things it was doing wrong. All responses were doughy and slow, and it just pitched and wallowed and rolled everywhere.
The engineer just looked at me and told me to just shut up and drive it, that's how they all drove :msp_scared:
After driving open wheelers it was a bit of a shock.

Nah not clutching at straws at all mate. I mean Michael Schumacher would say every road car is crap on the track after what he's driven :) Some definately are crap and a Kia Sportage ain't gonna impress many but a Mclaren F1 couldn't be classed as lame on the track, maybe compared to an F1 car but not a Formula Ford. I mean you can have a $1000 chinese go kart that will have better steering response and corner handling than a Group A tourer :D Wouldn't pull the skin off a pudding though.

Last edited:
I was lucky last Wednesday i got to drive the following out at the high speed test track at work 2 Mustangs lefthand drive ones the 302 model and the ubute 650 hp super charged one,a GTP 335 kw super charged,Tyhoon 310 kw,GS 315 kw,XR5 turbo Focas got to do efew laps around the high speed banked track with hard braking stops and full throttle tack offs,and yes during work time.What can i say woohoo that was the best 3 hrs i have ever had at work,the Mustangs sound great but found them hard to drive being left hand drive manuals and even with tracksion control hard to stay straight and get going.I was a biy dissapointed in the GTP with take off takes a bit to get the super charger bost up but the they sound nice,the XR5 Turbo Focas was a lot like a go kart stiff but spin the front wheels,found it strange at take off spin the front wheels and try to keep it going straight,they have an electronic front diff which is supposed to help with this good fun car to drive with heaps of go.For me i liked the 310 kw turbo Typhoon the best,its got it all for every day car,without the high fuel use and still has that woohoo take off and turbo boost and sound.
:msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:

yippey its been answered 260 is a keeper thanks stihlman & just2fat no more dribble from me :msp_thumbup: see ya

Nah not clutching at straws at all mate. I mean Michael Schumacher would say every road car is crap on the track after what he's driven :) Some definately are crap and a Kia Sportage ain't gonna impress many but a Mclaren F1 couldn't be classed as lame on the track, maybe compared to an F1 car but not a Formula Ford. I mean you can have a $1000 chinese go kart that will have better steering response and corner handling than a Group A tourer :D Wouldn't pull the skin off a pudding though.

I think you might be surprised how quick 110HP with relatively skinny tyres and only 420kg goes.
Cars like a stock road going GTR were something like 8-10s/lap slower at Eastern Ck than a FF (1km long front straight too) but ultimately there's no question a car like the F1, GT3, etc are special, but they aren't ordinary, mass produced road cars either.

Just a FWIW, here's the race results for the Sports Sedans at EC in '98. NATSOFT Race Result (I couldn't find any results from further back)
Remember most of these are 600HP, mid engined, wings and slicks monsters. Their lap times are the same as the FF's or slower.
Heaps of fun, hard to drive and make all the right noises though. :D

I was lucky last Wednesday i got to drive the following out at the high speed test track at work 2 Mustangs lefthand drive ones the 302 model and the ubute 650 hp super charged one,a GTP 335 kw super charged,Tyhoon 310 kw,GS 315 kw,XR5 turbo Focas got to do efew laps around the high speed banked track with hard braking stops and full throttle tack offs,and yes during work time.
[snip]
:msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:

Always good to drive fast without having to worry about Plod, and getting paid to do it too Andrew, that makes you a 'Professional ' :msp_thumbsup:

cant see one on that ebay account

can see one on his other account wattle0001

looks like new old stock bought in usa and sold here for a profit

What is the first number of the serial number it will tell weather it was assembled in the usa from parts or assembled in europe

1 = made in germany
2 = made in usa

Well, we've been bumped, so we'll have to keep dribbling on with the rest of the plebs. :monkey:

Sharpening some chains late this arvo, just to ground myself as I've done a two hour yoga class this morning with my hippy mates and spent the arvo sipping wine and munching on nibblies at a 'private studio viewing' of artworks about to be exhibited in a Sydney gallery.
Us country boys have to be adept at mixing in different social circles :laugh:

Well, we've been bumped, so we'll have to keep dribbling on with the rest of the plebs. :monkey:

Sharpening some chains late this arvo, just to ground myself as I've done a two hour yoga class this morning with my hippy mates and spent the arvo sipping wine and munching on nibblies at a 'private studio viewing' of artworks about to be exhibited in a Sydney gallery.
Us country boys have to be adept at mixing in different social circles :laugh:

So after posing and mediating drinking and having the munchies while contemplating the artists angst, you thought you would

A) get back to the real world
or
B) release your own angst and do some sculpture of your own.

you may want to check your art in the morning :msp_w00t:

So after posing and mediating
[snip]

Everyone was pretty chilled so I didn't have to do any of that but add a 'T' in the middle and yeah, we were contemplating our navels :msp_biggrin:

It does have it's advantages when you are usually the only bloke in a class full of lycra clad girls, but I think SWMBO has wised up to me, she came along too, she normally doesn't. :laugh:

Back