the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys,
I got me an old Stihl sign for my workshop. I posted this pic in the Poulan thread but I have all sorts of saws.
Spent all day pruning roses for SWMO. I put a saw blade on my ol' Stihl FS 88 and pruned more than 400 rose bushes in record time. All the prunings go straight down my Deutscher chipper and I am finished - next w/e it is chainsaw time again. :msp_biggrin:

P1010857.jpg

Al.

Hi Guys,
I got me an old Stihl sign for my workshop. I posted this pic in the Poulan thread but I have all sorts of saws.
Spent all day pruning roses for SWMO. I put a saw blade on my ol' Stihl FS 88 and pruned more than 400 rose bushes in record time. All the prunings go straight down my Deutscher chipper and I am finished - next w/e it is chainsaw time again. :msp_biggrin:

P1010857.jpg

Al.

is that the one that was on ebay?:clap:

Hi Splitpost, yes it was. Guy lived just down the road from my BIL, and he even delivered it. I picked it up last w/e and was really pleased with its condition. I am going to put over the top of the shelf with my 090's.

Al.

Hi Guys,

P1010857.jpg

Al.

Cool old sign Al.

Thanks Rick. Did I read where you are looking for an 090? I saw one the other day that was OK. Little exxy but he did not sell it and may consider an offer. It is an early AV and has just been done up. I bought an almost complete parts saw from him for $100.00. And a heap of Partners. :msp_biggrin:

Al.

So what the ####! Unsticky'd aye? The reason for the GTG sticky to go was so this one could stay.

Why am I not surprised? :bang:

I guess we're just those guys from some land down under after all... :msp_sad:

Interesting thought that the "reading a degree wheel" is a sticky, I would think it should be "tips or tricks" or "chainsaw FAQ's"

So what the ####! Unsticky'd aye? The reason for the GTG sticky to go was so this one could stay.

Why am I not surprised? :bang:

Hey Al, go have a read in the Poulan thread to see what those guys thought about being unstickied.

Hi Splitpost, yes it was. Guy lived just down the road from my BIL, and he even delivered it. I picked it up last w/e and was really pleased with its condition. I am going to put over the top of the shelf with my 090's.

Al.

good stuff,
yeah i saw that sign and thought to myself it will never survive the freight to qld without some knob dinging it or something ,without heavy duty packing ,just would have blown the price out a bit:(

good stuff,
yeah i saw that sign and thought to myself it will never survive the freight to qld without some knob dinging it or something ,without heavy duty packing ,just would have blown the price out a bit:(

I wish we had more cool chainsaw stuff available closer to us here SE Qld, the good stuff always seems to be in the southern states.

Thanks Rick. Did I read where you are looking for an 090? I saw one the other day that was OK. Little exxy but he did not sell it and may consider an offer. It is an early AV and has just been done up. I bought an almost complete parts saw from him for $100.00. And a heap of Partners. :msp_biggrin:

Al.

Thanks Al but no, a big ol 090 and 076 live next door (although they only come with operator, which is fair enough :laugh:) but a 3120 and probably a 395 over the next few months wouldn't go amiss but I have been offered a good 2100 thin ring saw which could be good.
Some projects are in the air. :monkey:

I have to say that a 166 is one old saw I would love to have one day.

While we're here, what's the best replacement for an 076 ignition coil ?

A mate (chainsaw/mower repairer) has one that he's used an Atom ignition in but it isn't running as strongly as the original Stihl electronic setup.
I suspect the timings out slightly, but is there a half decent aftermarket replacement ?

I think you might be surprised how quick 110HP with relatively skinny tyres and only 420kg goes.
Cars like a stock road going GTR were something like 8-10s/lap slower at Eastern Ck than a FF (1km long front straight too) but ultimately there's no question a car like the F1, GT3, etc are special, but they aren't ordinary, mass produced road cars either.

Just a FWIW, here's the race results for the Sports Sedans at EC in '98. NATSOFT Race Result (I couldn't find any results from further back)
Remember most of these are 600HP, mid engined, wings and slicks monsters. Their lap times are the same as the FF's or slower.
Heaps of fun, hard to drive and make all the right noises though. :D

Hi Rick.
Nah not surprised at how fast a FF is at all mate as I used to frequent Mallala a hell of a lot at uni. In fact if I remember correctly back then the control tyre was a Good Year Ducaro?
I'm certainly not underestimating just how quick they are around a track (hell even times in the HQ class surprised me!) as for what they can achieve as far as lap times go is nothing short of outstanding for how gutless they are.
Lap times don't necessarily mean good suspension though - just look at Superkarts. They used to pump the Group A's around most tracks and they don't really have suspension.

Also I think you'll find the Sport's Car class now have some competitors that are right up there pulling Group A times I think. Maybe faster? I do like watching those :cheers:

Latest posts

Back