the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks gents.. without search too hard Renegade gets mentioned a fair bit. found and outlet here in melbs. time to go fathers day shopping :hmm3grin2orange:

edit: hmmm doing research, its interesting the difference ya get between model in regards to cfm and LPM. for instance
10.6 cfm or 302lpm on same machine!
or another 17.9 cfm or235LPM. WTF?!!?!

10,6 CFM converts right, 17,9 should be about 500 - unless the numbers come from ratings at different pressures. Flow at 90PSI (what I look at, as that's "useable" flow for most of my air tools) is a lot lower than the 40PSI rating, perhaps the CFM on the second one was @40 and the LPM was @90?

10,6 CFM converts right, 17,9 should be about 500 - unless the numbers come from ratings at different pressures. Flow at 90PSI (what I look at, as that's "useable" flow for most of my air tools) is a lot lower than the 40PSI rating, perhaps the CFM on the second one was @40 and the LPM was @90?

As usual they clearly specify all this info, not. !

http://sydneytools.com.au/shopexd.asp?id=15904&bc=no

Last edited:
Go to your local army disposal's store and buy a few field dressings in case you slip and impale yourself :)

My mum is sewing gold and silver sequins on my chaps as we speak Neil.

Yea I remember those 084 spikes, behind the left knee still has proof of those days.

The strips on the chaps idea sounds interesting, can we see a pic of that or are you going to do the secret squirrel thing and hide them.

Matt, did I read correctly someone saying 95cc + saws are hard to use all day. ??????

Last edited:
Matt, did I read correctly someone saying 95cc + saws are hard to use all day. ??????

Correct Neil. The second he said that you have to be a Gorilla to use one for more than 2 hours straight I thought of you :)

Darren thought that comment was pretty funny too. It would seem that there are a number of Gorillas in the All Aussie Dribble Thread...

Correct Neil. The second he said that you have to be a Gorilla to use one for more than 2 hours straight I thought of you :)

Darren thought that comment was pretty funny too. It would seem that there are a number of Gorillas in the All Aussie Dribble Thread...

Don't forget the rare and endangered Pigmy Gorilla last see tearing what hair it has left out around Nowendoc

I have almost forgotten what its like to have one of these pushing me all day long.

attachment.php

Today, 01:29 PM
ozflea View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message Visit Homepage Add as Contact
Arboristsite MVP

This message is hidden because ozflea is on your ignore list.
View PostRemove user from ignore listView Post

Sorry, you said something, speak up sonny , the above is all I see from you.

Last edited:
For Neil and no cheating

GIRAFFE TEST

1. How do you put a giraffe into a refrigerator?

Stop and think about it and decide on your answer before you scroll down.

The correct answer is: Open the refrigerator, put in the giraffe, and close the door. This question tests whether you tend to do simple things in an overly complicated way.

2 How do you put an elephant into a refrigerator?

Did you say, Open the refrigerator, put in the elephant, and close the refrigerator?

Wrong Answer.

Correct Answer: Open the refrigerator, take out the giraffe, put in the elephant and close the door. This tests your ability to think through the repercussions of your previous actions.

3. The Lion King is hosting an animal conference. All the animals
Attend .... Except one. Which animal does not attend?

Correct Answer : The Elephant. The elephant is in the refrigerator. You just put him in there. This tests your memory. Okay, even if you did not answer the first three questions correctly, you still have one more chance to show your true abilities.

4. There is a river you must cross but it is used by crocodiles, and You do not have a boat. How do you manage it?

Correct Answer:? You jump into the river and swim across. Have you not been listening? All the crocodiles are attending the Animal Meeting. This tests whether you learn quickly from your mistakes.

According to Anderson Consulting Worldwide, around 90% of the Professionals they tested got all questions wrong, but many preschoolers got several correct answers. Anderson Consulting says this conclusively disproves the theory that most professionals do not have the brains of a four-year-old.

Send this out to frustrate all of your smart friends.
PS: Just the fact that I sent it to you should make you feel good.

Too bad if the compressor ever dies then :D

guess you'd have to stuff em with some of the hot air generated round these pages then!

mega saw tinkering day tomo, woohooo!!! lookout trees, im coming for ya! haha!

the bar and spacers came out real nice, pretty easy job but i havnt been at a mill and lathe for a while, really enjoyed it. maybe i should re-train. got heaps of welding to do for a couple of other jobs, perhaps the sawdust will be replaced with swarf?!

there is that stash of 090's down the road with milling gear and a horizontal bandsaw tho. and a woodwizz. bloomin heck, decisions decisions!!!

guess you'd have to stuff em with some of the hot air generated round these pages then!

mega saw tinkering day tomo, woohooo!!! lookout trees, im coming for ya! haha!

the bar and spacers came out real nice, pretty easy job but i havnt been at a mill and lathe for a while, really enjoyed it. maybe i should re-train. got heaps of welding to do for a couple of other jobs, perhaps the sawdust will be replaced with swarf?!

there is that stash of 090's down the road with milling gear and a horizontal bandsaw tho. and a woodwizz. bloomin heck, decisions decisions!!!

Don't ever get hooked on chainsaws mate. They are dangerous and responsible for 98.95% of global warming and climate change. They are also responsible for empty bank balances...

Don't ever get hooked on chainsaws mate. They are dangerous and responsible for 98.95% of global warming and climate change. They are also responsible for empty bank balances...

i moved to aus leaving behind dangerous things, perhaps its now time for summat else dangerous! i also moved here for warmth.
change is good. as good as a rest some say.

my bank balance has been very, very near zero for over 2 and a half years mate, no worries there! always a way to work around that tho!

you just want all the saws for yourself! haha!

i moved to aus leaving behind dangerous things, perhaps its now time for summat else dangerous! i also moved here for warmth.
change is good. as good as a rest some say.

my bank balance has been very, very near zero for over 2 and a half years mate, no worries there! always a way to work around that tho!

you just want all the saws for yourself! haha!

You wanted warmth and you headed to Margaret River in WA? My god man...
I don't want or need any more saws...
Until I run a bloody MS661 anyways...
Or a Husky 540XP AT top handle. They look pretty cool.

What's a 009 worth these days?

Around $50 - $100 on the 'bay, sometimes a bit higher.

You wanted warmth and you headed to Margaret River in WA? My god man...
I don't want or need any more saws...
Until I run a bloody MS661 anyways...
Or a Husky 540XP AT top handle. They look pretty cool.

You need a 461 Matt :tongue2:

You need a 461 Matt :tongue2:

Nice saws with good spikes and a great filter but certainly no better than my 390XP and not enough in it to get me off my 7900's. Certainly a good saw though and from what I've seen they look good in stock form too.
I liked running Andrew's ported 461 just for the experience but his stock 460 impressed me more from a torque perspective considering it was stock. I found Andrew's 441 had really nice, quick, and useable power and the engine characteristics were more Husky/Dolmar like (I'll probably get lynched for that ;)). Pity I don't like the feel of the 441's :(
They all have their positives though but at this stage I'm yet to be blown away enough to make me convert over. The 12mm bar mount and me having about 25 x 9mm Husky mount bars in use doesn't help either...

Neil, do you or any of the boys near you know of an I Fitzgerald that lives at Hillville near Taree ?

The lost delivery for me that was supposedly stopped in the US looks like its gone there (don't ask..... :rolleyes: )

Hope you can find it before they try a return to sender.

My parcel of bars from Randy got "returned to sender on 17 July from memory. Hasn't turned up in the US and USPS need 24 business days to investigate before paying the claim.

Phone Aus post and follow it up if you haberdasher already - 13 1318 I think is the number.

Good luck
Ian

Hope you can find it before they try a return to sender.

My parcel of bars from Randy got "returned to sender on 17 July from memory. Hasn't turned up in the US and USPS need 24 business days to investigate before paying the claim.

Phone Aus post and follow it up if you haberdasher already - 13 1318 I think is the number.

Good luck
Ian

Australia Post really do need some serious competition to get them to pull their finger out. Too many stuff ups and it's getting worse...
Having a monopoly does not lead to efficiency because until you start losing business to an opposition there is no need to improve.

Latest posts

Back